IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Independent Lexus auto mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-19, 12:32 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Originally Posted by AVIAT0R
XD Which mechanics stood out to you? Who would you take your car back to for service?
I do all my own work unless absolutely necessary such as tire mounting and balancing, going back to my BMW days. Most dealer techs really don't know what they're doing and treat your car as a number. They also tend to be kids blasting music in the back. High turnover. I know the culture. It's just not for me. No thanks. I do not trust others to touch my car.
Old 04-18-19, 12:47 PM
AVIAT0R
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
I do all my own work unless absolutely necessary such as tire mounting and balancing, going back to my BMW days. Most dealer techs really don't know what they're doing and treat your car as a number. They also tend to be kids blasting music in the back. High turnover. I know the culture. It's just not for me. No thanks. I do not trust others to touch my car.
Strongly agree with you there, I have experienced the same.
Old 04-19-19, 08:22 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by lychee416
Does anyone know a good Lexus auto mechanic shop in Toronto area who will not mind letting you see him performing the work done on your car? Because Toyota and Lexus dealership don’t allow customers to go into work area. I like to see them change my transmission fluid properly as I don’t have any tools.
Bring it to Lexus Downtown Toronto, i just done my Transmission Fluid Alignment and Cabin air filter last week.

1, i used to do Tranmission fluid Engine Oil for my old Toyota and 2nd Gen IS250/350 / Acura TL at my friend shop, these things are easy its not something you should be worried like Fixing an Engine Suspension or Tire/Brakes (i borrowed my friend's shop i do myself and i had to pay them, friend is friend business is business, Now i'm old an lazy i will be hanging out with Lexus Dealership lol)

2, Lexus down town seems to be trusted and they are doing excellence job, trust me i've been with Toyota/Lexus for over 20+ years i know how Toyo/Lex Trans shifts, after Lexus Downtown did my Trans fluid , my IS350 AWD Fsport shifts even better and more responsive, that means they did put the Fluid at the right Level.

3. Alignment : This forum knows i'm no newbie to Suspension/Alignment and i still keep learning, the Alignment shop that i always hang around somehow could not Align Gen3 IS properly don't know if their Alignment machine error or not but every IS results in the same fate, the car SLIGHTLY leans to the right very slightly, i can Feel because i am very Sensitive not just me there 3 guys felt the same way with their IS300/350, 1 of the guy brought back his IS300 5 times and still the same. Ofcourse i always there helping watching 00.01 toe and 0.0 camber and still slightly pull, i brought my car to one of the Performance Shop in Vaughn = same results, brought it to Green Gross Toronto = Worst and they did **** job i think i can do better than those Green Gross guys.

at first i brought my car to Lexus Downtown Toronto just to do the Transmission flush then i thought in mind why not let them try the Alighment see how pro they are, first thing i did when picking up my car was get on and turn the steering wheel left/right, wow i was impressed it was tight, i got on Bayview and Don Valley oh man the Alignment was Frickin AWESOME like brand new car out from the Lexus Dealership, along with the new Trans fluid smooth shifting. Even my wife said my IS350 drives different.

Just come to Lexus Downtown and see Tommy part adviser he'll give you discount, he's a very nice person. "Dealership in 2019 nowadays is not like Dealership in 1999, they treats customer different now, nice and honest get the job done right and very satisfied, maybe $20-$40 dollars more but you drive your car out of the shop without WOrries, OEM parts are not much expensive than a Good Aftermarket, there are 3 kind of aftermarket grades you know what i'm talking about"

Independent Shop's guys : most of them are cocky lies or do crappy job but BIG TALK and charge you as much as Dealership, most of them charge you $120-$150 an hour labor, what $150 ? and lousy job ? sorry dude i rather go to Lexus Dealership. Trust me i've own from Supra Camry Solara to 2nd/3rd Gen 250/350 I'm very satisfied with Lexus Downtown just give them a shot.
Old 04-20-19, 04:14 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Don't forget...$150/hour if you worked on it before towing it here
You’re right. Good call!
Old 07-11-23, 09:05 AM
JazzyJiggs
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Link no longer working. Do you happen to have a phone number or address of shop?

Link no longer working. Do you happen to have a phone number or shop name or address?

Originally Posted by NickCaesar
No pan drop. It’s not recommended, not even by Lexus. I’m sure if you paid the extra $$$ he could drop it but he and Lexus and everything I’ve seen about it don’t drop the pan on this car. It’s only 18 or so small bolts and a gasket, so like I said something I’m sure he could do if you wanted it. Cleaning the Magnets and pans not a bad idea generally but never heard/seen of people doing it on these particular cars.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-p...ationFlag=true

Like I said can’t vouch for him to much I’ve only been there once, but I’m going back in a month to do another drain n fill....thats his ad... small messy shop that doesn’t look like much but he knows his stuff.