New 2019 Lexus IS - Front Bumper Repaint - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New 2019 Lexus IS - Front Bumper Repaint

Old 03-15-19, 04:22 PM
crf3973
Driver School Candidate

I also have the ultra white paint. I had a large stone damage the area indicated in my attached picture. About a 4 inch area was repainted at a body shop and blended into the rest of the bumper to avoid re painting any unnecessary areas. They could have blended into the hood but I decided against it. This area is noticeably whiter than the factory paint which has a little more yellow tone in it. 3 stage paints are just hard as light changes the way they look. There are certain lighting conditions where I don't notice and others where it is blatantly different to my eye. The body shop I went to is the best rated in my area and this was the closest they could get it.

That being said, I'm a pretty neurotic person when it comes to details. I have the touch up paint (should be 2 separate ones) and touch up any small chips showing black underneath as I notice them when washing the car. Its actually a pretty good match, not perfect, but still better then the black showing...
Old 03-15-19, 06:43 PM
Koz1614
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on the new ride! Definitely go for the touch up on this one...as the others have said you could get a slight mismatch in color and end up very unhappy..in a few months you'll forget its even there..
Old 03-16-19, 12:01 AM
ex00
Rookie

You can also use Dr. ColorChip. It worked pretty well on Atomic Silver especially on small spots like that. You will need to probably reapply several times to get it all even out.
Old 03-16-19, 02:01 PM
TOPENDMS
Sponsor

Something that small I would just touch up. You can't repaint the car every little scratch. My paint seems to chip very easily, so I would be repainting every year.

I would avoid a major repaint. While I have had some cars repaired perfectly matched, I also see others with slight hue differences. Many times I also get polishing swurls.

TOP END Motorsports
- The next level of style and performance ..

Lexus Parts Catalog .. Shop Now!
GS4 2013+ IS3 2014+ LS4 2013-17 LS5 2018+

☆ ☆ ☆ We sell AIMGAIN Japan Aero Kits and Wheels ☆ ☆ ☆

Last edited by TOPENDMS; 03-16-19 at 02:08 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: