IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Programmable Personalized Settings

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-19, 12:15 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts
Default Programmable Personalized Settings

I haven't found too much on programmable settings with the 3IS.

Attached are the .pdf files I found from Lexus titled "Lexus Personalized Settings".
One is for the IS350/250 w/ Nav.
The other, for IS with "Display Audio"

Some of these settings are done by the dealer only.
Others, can be set without a dealer either within the dash infotainment or otherwise.

What customization features do you all know about we can add here?

I do notice that in my "Vehicle Customization" settings with my '14 IS350 w/Nav (Non-FS) does not include "Other Vehicle Settings".

Also, the difference I see with my car is within "Climate Settings" I do not have "Seat Heater Settings".
I will see dealer about this because I would love to change this. Currently heat level adjusts automatically according to temp.

I plan to have dealer set the car to roll down all windows by pressing/holding unlock on key fob.
In later years of IS I believe you can also roll them up with key fob.

This one came up again recently, how to change # of flashes when using lane change indicator.
Turn Signal/Lane Change # of Flashes

This is accessing a back menu through the nav system.
How to enter hidden Nav menu
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
File Type: pdf
14IS350-With-Display-Audio.pdf (727.8 KB, 542 views)

Last edited by HOMER350; 08-20-19 at 09:04 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by HOMER350:
GR3Y5H3ART (02-16-20), kj07xk (02-12-20), Nguyenerr (03-22-20), whoismiked (02-12-20)
Old 02-20-19, 01:11 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

I've got what I believe to be a pretty full-load F-Sport, but there are very few "vehicle customization" options, and in fact even fewer since I upgraded the software to the latest version. A couple tweaks under climate but nothing on the seats. I turned off the headlight auto-off delay as the shortest duration is 30 seconds and tried the headlight sensitivity as it sometimes changes when going under bridges but haven't found a good setting yet. It's fairly neutered overall, imo. Also don't have the "Lexus APP Suite" on the home screen. I got the dealer to do the "all down", although you have to hold the button down the entire time or else they stop and you have to start over.

What I wonder is how many other "Easter eggs" like the flasher programming there are outside of the infotainment system, as there must be more. My dealer didn't even know about it, said it was "greyed out" in the settings.
Old 02-20-19, 02:12 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
I turned off the headlight auto-off delay as the shortest duration is 30 seconds and tried the headlight sensitivity as it sometimes changes when going under bridges but haven't found a good setting yet.

I wonder is how many other "Easter eggs" like the flasher programming there are outside of the infotainment system, as there must be more. My dealer didn't even know about it, said it was "greyed out" in the settings.
I have my headlight sensitivity set to 1 notch above lowest setting. I know you're new to the car so be weary that the interior dash lights may switch when going under a bridge but headlights may not. They're seperate.

And yeah me too, that's what really sparked this thread. What personalized settings can we not find options for. Like those "Easter eggs" with some seemingly random sequence of controls.

I will ask the dealer when I'm there.
Old 08-20-19, 09:04 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Added another from the recent post on entering the hidden back menu through the nav system.
Old 08-20-19, 10:20 AM
taktiks
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If you happen to have a bluetooth OBDII reader, all the features can be set using the Carista app in their "free trial" period. I had one for various other cars, so I programmed the windows down feature myself.

There really aren't that many things to change on this car, but it was interesting to see what could be customized. BMWs have a laundry list of things to turn on/off.
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (02-12-20)
Old 08-21-19, 08:58 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Originally Posted by taktiks
If you happen to have a bluetooth OBDII reader, all the features can be set using the Carista app in their "free trial" period. I had one for various other cars, so I programmed the windows down feature myself.

There really aren't that many things to change on this car, but it was interesting to see what could be customized. BMWs have a laundry list of things to turn on/off.
I'll try Carista. I don't think it has those option in the OBD Fusion app I have.
Old 02-12-20, 01:27 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Holy crap I'm happy! Thank you so much @HOMER350 , @taktiks , and @darkfire !!! I love you guys!

I just changed so many cool settings I've been wanting to change for forever, knew they were possible with techstream, but I don't go to the dealer unless i really need to.

Thanks to homer for linking me to this thread and the pdf's!
Thanks so much to Taktkis for recommending the carista app, it worked flawlessly for me to access the "dealer only" settings!
Thanks so much to Darkfire for posting that video of how to change the lane change blinks!

Carista!

Last edited by whoismiked; 02-12-20 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-12-20, 08:19 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Ha that's awesome. Idea with the thread was to get the programmable features in one place. Dealers had no idea about the turn signals but I'm gonna ask another to have their techs make a list for me, if they can.

Glad it was helpful!

I actually forgot about the Carista app. Just downloaded going to try it out tomorrow. Did you have to download any Lexus specific data? I paid for something like that on my other app to be able to access more info but doesnt have option to customize.
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (02-13-20)
Old 02-13-20, 05:12 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by HOMER350
Ha that's awesome. Idea with the thread was to get the programmable features in one place. Dealers had no idea about the turn signals but I'm gonna ask another to have their techs make a list for me, if they can.

Glad it was helpful!

I actually forgot about the Carista app. Just downloaded going to try it out tomorrow. Did you have to download any Lexus specific data? I paid for something like that on my other app to be able to access more info but doesnt have option to customize.
Indeed, it's nice to have information like this compiled into one thread, so thanks for trying to gather stuff in one spot.

After hooking it up, it did have to use cellular data or wifi to download some things, took like 1 minute.Then I was able to change all the hidden settings I needed to for free because they offer a 7 day free trial. After 7 days have passed it's $39.99 a year. You can cancel the subscription immediately and never be charged a dime and still use the app and all it's features for the 7 day period. Paying for the app will only give you a years worth of subscription, it wouldn't unlock any extra hidden features, well as least as far as hidden settings for our car because it had every setting that techstream has. So if you are looking to get all the settings how you want them, set it and forget it, the free trial is perfect for that.

Last edited by whoismiked; 02-13-20 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-13-20, 10:12 AM
bgross88
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for this thread. I just ordered the Carista for my iphone as I want to change the Windows/Sunroof, Seat Belt and a few other things. Scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Will report back how I make out.

Thanks again!!
Old 02-13-20, 12:08 PM
HOMER350
Racer

I just ordered the Carista OBDII ELM327 scanner too. My wifi scanner didnt work with the app, although it was advertised to be able too. Oh well it was too cheap and was having issues with it anyways.

Gonna be here tomorrow so I'll be playing with it as well finally!
Old 02-14-20, 03:21 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Alright so got my new bluetooth OBDII scanner. Got the Carista branded one, $30.

Got a 1 month free membership since it was their brand of scanner. After playing with this I'll see if I should keep the service.

It does not have the same options as Techstream, but it has a lot. I'll compare more closely the Lexus options and Carista options. For example did not have option to slide or tilt moonroof when opening, so it does the slide.

I changed...
  • Open windows/ moonroof with key fob
  • Open/close windows with mechanical key
  • Turned off beeping noise for driver or passenger seat belt warning. (I dont suggest. But I never forget I just sometimes hop in to move my car to a different parking spot or something)
  • Lowered volume of the beep when locking/unlocking car. (Dont need the app to do this)
  • Turned off beeping warning the headlights are still on. Happens if you leave headlights in ON position, but they still go off automatically or however you have them set. Rarely need but it will be nice.
  • Reset seat heater to manual rather than automatic. This should prevent the seat heater from lowering temp automatically which is really annoying when you need it.

Last edited by HOMER350; 02-14-20 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-15-20, 05:49 AM
bgross88
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I got mine as well and made the following changes...
  • Open windows/ moonroof with key fob
  • Open/close windows with mechanical key
  • Turned off beeping noise for driver or passenger seat belt warning.
  • Trunk opens with 2 quick hits on key fob--instead of 1 long press
For me, it did exactly what I needed and was inexpensive. I ran the diagnostic feature just for the heck of it...it took a while to complete(between 5-10 mins), but I have an older iPhone so that might have been why.