IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Gauge cluster swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-19, 09:21 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
I found that a great feature as well so you don't have to keep diverting your eyes, although I believe it is there on the standard gauges too and doesn't require changing the cluster either. Not having ever used them though, not sure how much functionality is lost versus the F-Sport.
Correct, that side screen on the F Sport gauge cluster is located in between the analog tach and speedometer on the non F Sport versions, so it is always there. Very easily seen for nav directions, music, other vehicle info, etc.

My only complaint with the IS analog gauges was how badly they would wash out in the sun. I'm not sure if the F Sport gauges in the IS have the same issue.

Old 02-20-19, 09:58 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Correct, that side screen on the F Sport gauge cluster is located in between the analog tach and speedometer on the non F Sport versions, so it is always there. Very easily seen for nav directions, music, other vehicle info, etc.

My only complaint with the IS analog gauges was how badly they would wash out in the sun. I'm not sure if the F Sport gauges in the IS have the same issue.

The wash out is DEFINITELY not that bad. It washes out just a little, but definitely visible at all times.
Old 02-20-19, 03:20 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,510 Likes on 1,806 Posts

Sometimes the F Sport gauges wash out, but yeah it's bearable. I found that I had to turn up the daytime brightness of the gauges a bit to compensate, but haven't touched it lately.
Old 03-11-19, 03:38 PM
maijm2006
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonn
So I did swap a base is250 with a 350 fsport instrument cluster. Everything works, but I get the warning lights turn on every time. Check for vgrs and pcs. I don't know how to remove these error as my car doesn't come with those system.
Hi did you ever figure out the warning lights? I'm having the same issue with my Rx. Everything works but the check for pcs and lka keeps popping up.
Old 03-11-19, 05:37 PM
Sonn
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by maijm2006
Hi did you ever figure out the warning lights? I'm having the same issue with my Rx. Everything works but the check for pcs and lka keeps popping up.
I couldn't fix it. I just us either as is, kind of annoying seeing the warning lights on, and when u move the ring to view the gear ratio or range ect it will show for likes 10 secs and display the warning text, which is the only down side. I guess I can live with it unless someone wants buy it for their 350 haha.
Old 03-11-19, 05:58 PM
maijm2006
Driver School Candidate

I couldn't fix it. I just us either as is, kind of annoying seeing the warning lights on, and when u move the ring to view the gear ratio or range ect it will show for likes 10 secs and display the warning text, which is the only down side. I guess I can live with it unless someone wants buy it for their 350 haha.
Thanks for the response! That sucks though, I just bought the cluster with the same model year and such but I guess it didn't help. I had it installed for a short period of time but was hoping to use the map and stuff on it.
Old 04-02-19, 02:43 PM
Sonn
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey guys just wondering, will a is250 2014 f sport cluster work for 250 2015 model? I see that they have the same port.
Old 04-02-19, 02:47 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Hey guys just wondering, will a is250 2014 f sport cluster work for 250 2015 model? I see that they have the same port.
Check the part number for a 2014 250 F Sport cluster and a 2015 250 F Sport cluster. If the part numbers are the same, then yes, if they are not, then maybe yes.
The plugs may be identical, but in looking at the wiring diagram, there are wires in different locations from year to year, despite the connectors being the same.
You might get lucky by moving the wires around to the intended location on the 2015 harness, or maybe not.
Old 04-21-20, 10:06 AM
Jheinsen
Driver School Candidate

Default Is200t cluster swap errors

Just swapped out my is200t base model combination meter with an is200t F sport meter and I have errors regarding lane assist and pre collision.... anyone can reprogram and remove this to make it compatible? It also disabled my hazard lights and turn signals, the ticking sound doesn't stop. Any help?

Old 04-21-20, 02:52 PM
bgeims
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jheinsen
Just swapped out my is200t base model combination meter with an is200t F sport meter and I have errors regarding lane assist and pre collision.... anyone can reprogram and remove this to make it compatible? It also disabled my hazard lights and turn signals, the ticking sound doesn't stop. Any help?

Is your car and the car you pulled the gauge from the same model year? Does your car have navigation? Does the car you pulled it from have navigation? What connectors are on the rear of each gauge cluster?
Old 04-22-20, 04:20 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by Jheinsen
At this point I don't believe anyone can reprogram to correct the feature issues.
What year is your 200T?
Do you know what part number the F Sport cluster was?
The two pieces of information may help figure out what the compatibility issue is.
Old 04-22-20, 06:23 PM
LexusMSP
5th Gear

Originally Posted by bgeims
Hey dkotoric, I swapped an F-Sport gauge cluster into my 2015 Base IS and can confirm that reprogramming the new cluster to match the vehicle's mileage is required. You will need to disassemble the F-Sport cluster, de-solder the EEPROM chip from the main PCB, read the EEPROM, modify the HEX values to represent the correct mileage, program the EEPROM, solder the EEPROM to the main PCB, and reassemble the cluster. I'm debating whether or not to write a detailed tutorial on how to do it (depending on if people seem interested). I am also thinking about programming and selling F-Sport clusters with people's requested mileage.
Hi, Reprogramming is neccesary? I mean, If I swap the gauges (I have the Base model) all function works fine with the new F sports gauge?. I don't care for the milleage.

Thanks
Old 04-22-20, 06:36 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
Why is it prone to fail? I haven't seen one on the forums that has a problem with the motorized screen.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...black-out.html
Old 04-24-20, 12:16 PM
bgeims
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusMSP
Hi, Reprogramming is neccesary? I mean, If I swap the gauges (I have the Base model) all function works fine with the new F sports gauge?. I don't care for the milleage.

Thanks
If you swap your base model gauge for an F-sport gauge, all functions will work IF both gauges are from the same model year. I did the swap awhile ago and re-programmed my mileage.

You cannot simply sell a vehicle that has a discrepancy between the mileage indicated on the dashboard and the actual vehicle mileage. You either have to re-program the mileage to match or deal with paperwork and possible headaches down the road when you want to sell the vehicle. If you do not re-program to match, or take the proper steps when selling the vehicle to disclose the actual mileage, that would be a federal offense.

Additionally, the mileage on the odometer is recorded every time you get your car serviced. Having the correct mileage will aid in easier record keeping if your service center publishes this information online/in a database. Think of CarFax and Lexus Online Service History, those types of databases.

I did it for the peace of mind and because my Lexus Service Rep said they would honor my vehicles warranty only if my new odometer reading matched my actual mileage.

Old 08-03-20, 04:15 PM
Arafath974
Driver School Candidate

Default SWAP GSF 2016 Cluster in GS350 2015 AWD

Hey guys,
i wanted to know that isnit possible to Swap my Gs350 2015 AWD Instrument Cluster to a GSF 2016 Cluster?

Quick Reply: Gauge cluster swap