Remove NAV screen coating

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-17, 12:29 PM
merkin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remove NAV screen coating

First post here.
Makeup removing wipes can remove all the coating in 15 minutes.
Now need to fix the condensating driver side headlight and interior plastic scratches...

Coming from Audi and BMW, the IS is a good compromise between driving and reliability.
Old 10-16-17, 01:23 PM
MrJamison
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Before everyone starts to try this, make sure you're out of warranty. If you're still within warranty, Lexus will replace the screen cover within the 4yr/50k mile warranty.
Old 10-16-17, 02:00 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 504 Likes on 250 Posts

This can be covered under Warranty, There is TSB (technical service Bulletin) about this issue
Also the condensation in headlamp as well, there is TSB about it.
Search the forums about these two, its been talked about many times.

if vehicle is still within warranty, I'd bring it to dealership to see if they can take car of both of those for you.
Old 10-16-17, 02:02 PM
MrJamison
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by specONE
This can be covered under Warranty, There is TSB (technical service Bulletin) about this issue
Also the condensation in headlamp as well, there is TSB about it.
Search the forums about these two, its been talked about many times.

if vehicle is still within warranty, I'd bring it to dealership to see if they can take car of both of those for you.
Keep in mind that a TSB doesn't mean that it's covered. Vehicle still has to be within 4yr/50k miles range.
Old 10-16-17, 06:36 PM
merkin
Driver School Candidate

I bought it with 54k so I'll be doing my own work. Nothing new coming from VW/Audi ownership.
Old 10-26-17, 12:33 PM
xsrhaym
Driver School Candidate

For those who are no longer under warranty: I was getting some PDR done and the collision center wiped off some of the coating on my display. Being the lucky person that I am, the warranty of my car ran out while it was at the collision center. Called my Lexus dealer and they said it'll cost about $314 to fix. So we contacted the collision center and they said there was nothing they could do but they recommended talking to our Lexus dealer about the Goodwill Warranty Program. A week later, took my car in for a state inspection and I mentioned my NAV screen coating was coming off and that I was no longer under warranty. I asked my service advisor about the Goodwill Program, he explained it to me, and so I asked if we could do that. He agreed and they filed a claim to Lexus. While I was waiting, he came up and notified me that the claim was approved and they'd fix it free of charge. Took less than 45 minutes.
Old 08-15-18, 09:07 AM
atr39
Driver School Candidate

When I purchase my IS350 it had a scratch right in the middle so I took it to the dealership and they charged me $180 CAD to get the screen replaced. I think that's a reasonable price to avoid the hassle of looking at small marks on the screen every time I drive (I'm very detail oriented haha).
Old 08-15-18, 10:26 AM
Gsr3is
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I have been reading a lot of NAV screen coating being wiped off. Have you all looked at putting aftermarket screen protector with anti-reflective coating? That might be a better approach rather going through the dealership if its out of warranty.