IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Taillight and Rear Reflectors Tint Opinions and Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-17, 01:52 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Ok...so here we are at page 3 of the continuous onslaught on this thread and OP.

It's obvious some of you here have a strong opinion about taillight tinting. From reading the entire thread, your opinions are valuable and hold merit....hell, I even agree with some of them.
And I'm sure when you posted your opinion about this topic the first time, the OP read each...as clearly indicated by his response.
However...and pay attention here...re-posting that same opinion 5, 6, 7 times again, isn't going to drive the message home anymore than your first post, and frankly your just being annoying and ignorant now.
And if you believe the OP woke up one morning and said to himself "hey, let me tint my taillights so I can go out and kill someone"...then you're a bigger retard than you we all think you are already.

If I was the OP, and this was the response that I get by asking for some simple assistance with something, I'd probably never post another thread for fear of responses like the ones here.
Is that really what you want the CL forum to be...a place where someone can't ask a simple question without being attacked?!

And if you're worried about the taillights of the car in front of you...you know what...you can change lanes. Wow...problem solved!
And to touch on what IS200TFOWL said, if I had the choice to tear a strip off only one person, and it was either someone with tinted lights, or someone who never uses turn signals, it wouldn't be the guy with the tinted lights!!

Frankly, you owe the OP an apology (and you know who you are)...not because you have a strong and valid opinion about this topic, but because you went way overboard.
And if threads like this are causing you so much stress and aggravation, maybe you should take a little break from the forum...maybe permanently.

To the OP...I can't even begin to apologize for some of the people on here. I hope this doesn't deter you from posting in the future.
I'd like to think CL is an inclusive forum that supports it's members...clearly that didn't happen on this thread.
And, as per your last pics of the taillights, they look perfectly fine and fabulous. And the tint shop was correct, it's impossible to wrap nicely around the turn signal humps.
Maybe its Asperger's
The following users liked this post:
Sasnuke (09-12-17)