IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Help! 2017 IS Swipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-17, 06:46 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Depending on the quality of the "fix" you're willing to pay for. Like many said here already, the best for your money fix will be to find a used white door, and swap out what ever required between the damaged door. BUT, since your car is white (one of the worst colors to match), the white may not match well with the rest of the car. If you're lucky, it'll be very small difference and can only tell under certain angles and lighting. If you really want a 100% repair, you'll need to bring it into a body shop to get the replaced door blended to match the rest of your car (down side is that door will no longer be factory paint, which will impact resale value). One thing I like to tell people to do with repainting small incidents like this is to take pics of before/after incident, so you can show them that the repair wasn't due to an accident with another car, but rather something you hit yourself, and the pictures will also show that you have nothing to hide, and where exactly was the damage before repairs. Most private sales will still allow you go get a good resale without being hassled too much for the "not factory paint"
Old 09-05-17, 10:53 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,571 Posts

This is why it's not worth it to go high ded. I go 250/250 for mine .. thats a hard decision. try to get newest door possible or the mismatch will stick out like sore thumb
Old 09-06-17, 05:00 AM
GibbsLexus
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

That's rough buddy FYI. There are VIN # on every component of Toyotas so keep that in mind when purchasing a new door. For that minor of an accident, Ill "consider" MAACO Body & Paint and offer cash. Whatever u do, like others stated, do not report to insurance.
Old 09-06-17, 10:34 PM
TinoPing
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got a couple quotes, $2,400-3,200 range, depending if a new door is needed. Both were leaning for a new door as the dent was deep enough to twist (so they say) the inner vertical frame that runs below the side mirror, and hesitant (only my perception) to fix the door as is as the dent runs deep over the shoulder line crease. Probably hard to perfect it. The lower quote was for a door skin replacement which sounds like a horror story per Sansuke. Most of you guys suggest I do it w/o insurance claim and I'll go with that suggestion. Lexus3GIST hit the jackpot with that link to the Lexus dealer in Manchester. Hats up to you! OEM new door shell $577 delivered to WA. Good reviews from buyers in CA and TX, most saying delivered is still cheaper than their local dealers. So keep that link handy everyone for OEM Anything you need. You'll have to provide your VIN and that's their way to make sure your part will fit. Btw- from that same link, I found out 2014-2017 is the same door so those years are interchangeable. I'll keep you posted. Thanks a million to everyone who took the time to reply with their good feedback. This is why this forum is special. Its members ��
Old 09-06-17, 11:27 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by TinoPing
Lexus3GIST hit the jackpot with that link to the Lexus dealer in Manchester. Hats up to you! OEM new door shell $577 delivered to WA. Good reviews from buyers in CA and TX, most saying delivered is still cheaper than their local dealers. So keep that link handy everyone for OEM Anything you need. You'll have to provide your VIN and that's their way to make sure your part will fit. Btw- from that same link, I found out 2014-2017 is the same door so those years are interchangeable. I'll keep you posted. Thanks a million to everyone who took the time to reply with their good feedback. This is why this forum is special. Its members ��
For that price, You may want take into consideration to make sure it is color matched for OEM new from Lexus dealer. Most likely it is not and needs to be color matched.
Typically larger OEM car panels new from car manufacturer come unpainted and in primer only. You'll have to factory in cost to paint and to get a color match.