IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Seat & Driving Position MEMORY

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-17, 08:55 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Question Seat & Driving Position MEMORY

Hi, I just recently got a CPO 2015 IS350 F-Sport with RWD.

Could you plz post how to set the Memory Settings for the Seat & Driving Position (I think my GS300 also does some more stuff)?

If this car DOES NOT have Memory Buttons//Settings for the Seat & Driving Position HOW MUCH WAS I RIPPED OFF???

There are WAY TOO MANY EXCLUSIONS ALREADY::
  • NO Power Telescopic Steering Wheel Adjustment
  • NO Power Folding Side View Mirrors
  • The Navigation System DOES NOT Understand INTERSECTIONS?!?
  • No THIS, No THAT, NO etc, etc, etc.
I THINK I can still get my money back within the ? day refund period!!

THANKS!!
Old 06-26-17, 09:07 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by LaZeR
Hi, I just recently got a CPO 2015 IS350 F-Sport with RWD.

Could you plz post how to set the Memory Settings for the Seat & Driving Position (I think my GS300 also does some more stuff)?

If this car DOES NOT have Memory Buttons//Settings for the Seat & Driving Position HOW MUCH WAS I RIPPED OFF???

There are WAY TOO MANY EXCLUSIONS ALREADY::
  • NO Power Telescopic Steering Wheel Adjustment
  • NO Power Folding Side View Mirrors
  • The Navigation System DOES NOT Understand INTERSECTIONS?!?
  • No THIS, No THAT, NO etc, etc, etc.
I THINK I can still get my money back within the ? day refund period!!

THANKS!!
You should have done some research. The F-Sport does not come with memory seats. Telescoping steering wheel is an option (you have to get VGRS). You give up a lot to get the F-Sport package vs the luxury package. Only benefit is the gauges and the AVS. If you don't value those things, you should return it.
The following users liked this post:
LaZeR (06-26-17)
Old 06-26-17, 09:28 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Originally Posted by EZZ
You should have done some research. The F-Sport does not come with memory seats. Telescoping steering wheel is an option (you have to get VGRS). You give up a lot to get the F-Sport package vs the luxury package. Only benefit is the gauges and the AVS. If you don't value those things, you should return it.
Well I like the power, how fast it picks up from zero, the different driving modes, (EDIT: 18" staggered tires/wheels), and isn't it only the F-Sport package that includes a red leather interior, if that's what ya want? THANKS!!

PS >>> I did do SOME research in terms of BMW 3-series, Audi, Benz C Class, etc, but mostly only wrt # gears, performance, reliability, etc. Also, they delivered it to me around 50 miles away.

PSS >>> WHY the heck did Lexus LEAVE THIS STANDARD ***** OUT??

Last edited by LaZeR; 06-26-17 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-26-17, 10:30 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Well I like the power, how fast it picks up from zero, the different driving modes, (EDIT: 18" staggered tires/wheels), and isn't it only the F-Sport package that includes a red leather interior, if that's what ya want? THANKS!!

PS >>> I did do SOME research in terms of BMW 3-series, Audi, Benz C Class, etc, but mostly only wrt # gears, performance, reliability, etc. Also, they delivered it to me around 50 miles away.

PSS >>> WHY the heck did Lexus LEAVE THIS STANDARD ***** OUT??
Relax man... take a deep breath lol. You also did purchase the most reliable vehicle out of all the others you listed. Luxury package includes memory seats. Like the other person said clearly, you give up things here and there when you pick the F-Sport option (but its for the best, in my opinion). I believe the Canadian version has power folding mirrors, not the US.

They left some options for the Lux package only and some for the F-Sport only so they can sell both versions of the vehicle. Not sure why you didn't check for all these features prior to purchase if it was that important to you to the point where you would consider returning the vehicle...

I understand some of those options you listed are convenient, but hey if the vehicle doesn't include it and you REALLY want them, maybe its best for you to return it if you can. If you hop into a BMW, Audi, Mercedes, just be prepared for those costly maintenance bills if things start to go wrong (if its out of warranty of course).

GL
Old 06-27-17, 12:02 AM
LaZeR
Advanced

Originally Posted by minhael
I really don't understand how Lexus create their package it's so mess up... They should fire the person. You will find things in other package that are not in F sport 3. I would have expected F sport would pretty much cover everything. Also, they have fog lights for non F sports but none for F sports....they are a mess with packaging.....
Let's organize a HUGE BOYCOTT & RALLY against Lexus until they come up with REASONABLE Options for different packages, for committed, dedicated, and long term customers.
Old 06-27-17, 12:40 AM
LaZeR
Advanced

Originally Posted by premier3IS
... the F-Sport option (but its for the best, in my opinion). ...
Thanks @ premier3IS ~ just to confirm, are you pretty much saying that "in your opinion the F-Sport combination//package is the best". If "YES", what all factors//features//reasons form the basis of your opinion ~ some of the stuff I listed above?

THANKS AGAIN!!

Last edited by LaZeR; 06-27-17 at 02:19 AM.
Old 06-27-17, 10:55 AM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Thanks @ premier3IS ~ just to confirm, are you pretty much saying that "in your opinion the F-Sport combination//package is the best". If "YES", what all factors//features//reasons form the basis of your opinion ~ some of the stuff I listed above?

THANKS AGAIN!!
1.) If you want to complain write Lexus Corp your concerns and see if they will address them. There's plenty of people here who are passionate about these cars, and you talking about a "huge boycott" over packages wont get you anywhere.
2.) I prefer the F-Sport grill, LFA style gauges, Upgraded seats in the F-Sport , black headliner, and a few other things over the base model. My opinion, the F-Sport is a better value (to me) and worth spending a bit more (once again, to me. maybe not for you).

If you're not happy with the vehicle, just return it. Don't be stuck with a car you don't like, especially if its your daily driver. Next time make sure to do more research and make a list of the things you need in your car prior to purchasing it.
Old 06-27-17, 12:41 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

1.) If you want to complain write Lexus Corp your concerns and see if they will address them. There's plenty of people here who are passionate about these cars, and you talking about a "huge boycott" over packages wont get you anywhere. 2.) I prefer the F-Sport grill, LFA style gauges, Upgraded seats in the F-Sport , black headliner, and a few other things over the base model. My opinion, the F-Sport is a better value (to me) and worth spending a bit more (once again, to me. maybe not for you). If you're not happy with the vehicle, just return it. Don't be stuck with a car you don't like, especially if its your daily driver. Next time make sure to do more research and make a list of the things you need in your car prior to purchasing it.
OK - now it's your turn to take a deep breath! 1) I just inquired about a SIMPLE question about why you think "the F-Sport is the best" - I didn't request a frickin lecture.

2) "boycott" is just a snide JOKE based on the quote from the other guy, however I notice you did not at all comment on anything stated in his post. Many "passionate" Lexus owners ALSO feel that IS optioning and packages are messed up, based primarily on Marketing, designed & intended to affect customers, and this is a major point that you seem to ignore, let slide, and defend Lexus at all costs.

3) I never said anywhere that I "don't like the car". You seem to confuse "not liking a car" with "Standard Options that could easily be applied and included on ALL models similar to ALL models of the ES or GS". For example, Seat Position Memory could easily be implemented regardless of specific car features or technologies. Another example, Power Folding Side View Mirrors, don't have to be limited to a luxury package, or could easily be a paid option. Another example, Power Telescopic Steering Wheel Adjustment might be a legitimate reason for Lexus to exclude, or include, based on steering technology, which makes sense.

Last edited by LaZeR; 06-27-17 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-27-17, 01:48 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did mention about missing those standard features couple times on this forum 2 years ago. Lexus keeps doing this never change. I don't know why, but I don't care because I don't buy this car. It's not worth the price $49K. The best way for you right now is to return the car. Don't get frustrate later on.
Old 06-27-17, 02:49 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

OK - now it's your turn to take a deep breath! 1) I just inquired about a SIMPLE question about why you think "the F-Sport is the best" - I didn't request a frickin lecture. You asked, I gave you an answer. Doesn't look like a lecture to me. Also, you should lay off the Caps Lock from your posts so maybe people can take you more serious and not think your 12 yrs old.

2) "boycott" is just a snide JOKE based on the quote from the other guy, however I notice you did not at all comment on anything stated in his post. Don't even see his post, maybe he deleted it, go look yourself. Many "passionate" Lexus owners ALSO feel that IS optioning and packages are messed up, based primarily on Marketing, designed & intended to affect customers, and this is a major point that you seem to ignore, let slide, and defend Lexus at all costs. If you look at my previous posts, you'll see I mentioned they do it to sell both versions of the vehicle, whats so hard to understand?

3) I never said anywhere that I "don't like the car". You definitely made it sound like you don't, talking about returning it and what not and saying you feel ripped off. You seem to confuse "not liking a car" with "Standard Options that could easily be applied and included on ALL models similar to ALL models of the ES or GS". For example, Seat Position Memory could easily be implemented regardless of specific car features or technologies. Another example, Power Folding Side View Mirrors, don't have to be limited to a luxury package, or could easily be a paid option. Another example, Power Telescopic Steering Wheel Adjustment might be a legitimate reason for Lexus to exclude, or include, based on steering technology, which makes sense. Ask Lexus Corp and let us know what they say, would love to hear the response and I'm sure many others would too.
^^^

If you decide to keep the vehicle, hope you enjoy it and see you on the forums.
Old 06-27-17, 03:21 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

you bought a USED car and you are *****ing about it not having options.. WOW..

here's a thought: GO ORDER A NEW CAR WITH THE OPTIONS YOU WANT.
Old 06-27-17, 03:27 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Ask Lexus Corp and let us know what they say, would love to hear the response and I'm sure many others would too.
You seem to quite often resort to the same moot & irrelevant points. Are you aware this habit might be a psychological fallacy? Obviously, since marketing, policy, strategy, etc, etc, initiates at Lexus Corporation, then obviously Lexus Corp will defend said marketing, policy, and strategy. LOL You defend it by merely being a fan. Then again, if you think they'd even seriously respond to such an inquiry, you might be 12 years old. Lexus head office barely intervenes when (so called "Premier") dealerships are at fault regarding customer arrangements, relationships, or transactions.

Also, you should lay off the Caps Lock from your posts so maybe people can take you more serious and not think your 12 yrs old.
Also, you should lay off so much bold type so maybe people can take you more seriousLY and not think you'RE 12 yrs old. And, while you're at it, you might like to brush up on learning some correct grammar & punctuation.
Old 06-27-17, 03:36 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mjeds
you bought a USED car and you are *****ing about it not having options.. WOW..

here's a thought: GO ORDER A NEW CAR WITH THE OPTIONS YOU WANT.
Lol. Couldn't have said this better myself.
Old 06-27-17, 03:49 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

You seem to quite often resort to the same moot & irrelevant points. Are you aware this habit might be a psychological fallacy? Obviously, since marketing, policy, strategy, etc, etc, initiates at Lexus Corporation, then obviously Lexus Corp will defend said marketing, policy, and strategy. LOL You defend it by merely being a fan. Then again, if you think they'd even seriously respond to such an inquiry, you might be 12 years old. Guess you don't understand polite sarcasm lol. Lexus head office barely intervenes when (so called "Premier") dealerships are at fault regarding customer arrangements, relationships, or transactions.

Also, you should lay off so much bold type so maybe people can take you more seriousLY and not think you'RE 12 yrs old. And, while you're at it, you might like to brush up on learning some correct grammar & punctuation. The bold is so you can read my comments easier since I wrote in the post you published, sadly you didn't realize that. Good job on catching the grammar, you must feel accomplished.
Not sure if you're trolling, but you seems quite upset that you bought a car you regret now. Have fun boycotting Lexus, let us know how that goes.
Old 06-27-17, 04:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Ok folks, let's not let this spill into future threads please