IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Seat bottom cushion issues in Non F-Sport

Old 07-23-13, 09:48 AM
AlexTheMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat bottom cushion issues in Non F-Sport

Hi everyone. I picked up my IS350 non F-Sport a week ago. The car has been great so far. However, I am trying to see if I have an issue with the seat cushion. The Nuluxe bottom cushion in the non F-sport has 2 stitch lines splitting the seat cushion into three segments. My problem is that I feel that the middle segment is a bit too stiff. You cannot feel it by just pushing on it by hand, but while sitting, it feels slightly uncomfortable. Nothing is poking but it just feels like too much support!!

Adjusting seat height and position helps a bit but does not eliminate the way I feel about the seat. I was at the dealer service department today for something different and they had a look at the seat but of course they did not think that there is anything wrong with the seat. They recommended against taking it apart and I kind of agree with that

I understand how hard it is for a car company to build seats comfortable for everyone. I am 5’ 9”, 170 lbs. Most probably, by time the seat cushion or material will stretch and get softer or I will just get used to it.

How do you guys feel regarding the seats on the non F-sport? Mainly the seat bottom, not the back.
Old 07-23-13, 02:06 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
Hi everyone. I picked up my IS350 non F-Sport a week ago. The car has been great so far. However, I am trying to see if I have an issue with the seat cushion. The Nuluxe bottom cushion in the non F-sport has 2 stitch lines splitting the seat cushion into three segments. My problem is that I feel that the middle segment is a bit too stiff. You cannot feel it by just pushing on it by hand, but while sitting, it feels slightly uncomfortable. Nothing is poking but it just feels like too much support!!

Adjusting seat height and position helps a bit but does not eliminate the way I feel about the seat. I was at the dealer service department today for something different and they had a look at the seat but of course they did not think that there is anything wrong with the seat. They recommended against taking it apart and I kind of agree with that

I understand how hard it is for a car company to build seats comfortable for everyone. I am 5’ 9”, 170 lbs. Most probably, by time the seat cushion or material will stretch and get softer or I will just get used to it.

How do you guys feel regarding the seats on the non F-sport? Mainly the seat bottom, not the back.
I'm about your size and had no difficulty when I sat in the 3IS non-F-Sport at the dealer. Now in all fairness, that was only a couple minutes. A suggestion - Have you tried another 3IS at the dealer to compare that way you'll know if it's by design or just yours...

Good luck
Old 07-23-13, 02:33 PM
AlexTheMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I'm about your size and had no difficulty when I sat in the 3IS non-F-Sport at the dealer. Now in all fairness, that was only a couple minutes. A suggestion - Have you tried another 3IS at the dealer to compare that way you'll know if it's by design or just yours...

Good luck
I plan on doing that at the dealer. To be frank, I had no issues with the seat for the frist day. I have not noticed anything weird until I sat in the car for longer periods.
Old 07-23-13, 03:06 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
I plan on doing that at the dealer. To be frank, I had no issues with the seat for the frist day. I have not noticed anything weird until I sat in the car for longer periods.
Next time you go in for servicing or to have them troubleshoot this, instead of waiting in the lounge area, grab a paper and sit in the driver's seat of the showroom IS .
Old 07-24-13, 12:35 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The perforated leather seat on my last IS was like that. It was comfortable when you first sit in it, but after 20 minutes it gets very hard and uncomfortable. The F-sport seat doesn't have this problem.