IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Free Service with CPO

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-17, 09:53 PM
TnGS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Free Service with CPO

If the can needs something other than what is required at the service interval is it covered under the 4 free service visits? I ask because after 4000 miles my 2014 GS350 F Sport needs brake work.
Old 05-28-17, 10:47 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by TnGS350
If the can needs something other than what is required at the service interval is it covered under the 4 free service visits? I ask because after 4000 miles my 2014 GS350 F Sport needs brake work.
brake is never covered
Old 05-30-17, 10:43 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
brake is never covered
Not exactly true.

OP, I bought my car in December it was CPO drove it 8k miles about and the rotors were clearly warped. On my next service I mentioned this to the tech and explained I know rotors aren't usually covered but being a CPO and the Lexus claim that all parts are 70% or better when I purchased it wouldn't make sense that I warped the rotors this badly to feel vibration.

He said cool no problem your with Lexus now we will take a look. They replaced both front rotors free of charge.
Old 05-30-17, 10:52 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ciggy
Not exactly true.

OP, I bought my car in December it was CPO drove it 8k miles about and the rotors were clearly warped. On my next service I mentioned this to the tech and explained I know rotors aren't usually covered but being a CPO and the Lexus claim that all parts are 70% or better when I purchased it wouldn't make sense that I warped the rotors this badly to feel vibration.

He said cool no problem your with Lexus now we will take a look. They replaced both front rotors free of charge.
most likely the dealer made enough trunk money on you and can afford to cover your rotors just to get you to do more business in the future.
Old 05-30-17, 07:50 PM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

most likely the dealer made enough trunk money on you and can afford to cover your rotors just to get you to do more business in the future.
Wow you really know the ins and outs of my deal?

Actually it was probably due to the issues I had after purchasing the car and them wanting to keep me happy. But it sounds like you know all about that so I don't need to explain.

Just letting this guy know if you ask about it at the dealer it's possible they can help cover the costs due to it being a recent CPO purchase .
Old 05-30-17, 08:52 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Wow you really know the ins and outs of my deal?

Actually it was probably due to the issues I had after purchasing the car and them wanting to keep me happy. But it sounds like you know all about that so I don't need to explain.

Just letting this guy know if you ask about it at the dealer it's possible they can help cover the costs due to it being a recent CPO purchase .
its one thing to help someone out and guide them the right direction, but giving them false hope based on your "goodwill" experience is something else.

Fine, why don't you post up your numbers and lets see how much the dealer made on you
Old 05-31-17, 04:57 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

its one thing to help someone out and guide them the right direction, but giving them false hope based on your "goodwill" experience is something else.

Fine, why don't you post up your numbers and lets see how much the dealer made on you
Maybe you should go back and look at my posts from when I first picked up the car. I dont need to explain it to you but they needed to replace the entire tachometer and give me a large cash refund as the odometer was frozen when I purchased the vehicle. Lexus got involved and covered the costs of the $5,000 repair and the dealerships gave me a decent cash refund back on the car. Tell me more about how much they made...

ON TOPIC:
It's not false hope. I explained that it's not usually covered and it also cant hurt to ask.
Old 05-31-17, 09:57 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Maybe you should go back and look at my posts from when I first picked up the car. I dont need to explain it to you but they needed to replace the entire tachometer and give me a large cash refund as the odometer was frozen when I purchased the vehicle. Lexus got involved and covered the costs of the $5,000 repair and the dealerships gave me a decent cash refund back on the car. Tell me more about how much they made...

ON TOPIC:
It's not false hope. I explained that it's not usually covered and it also cant hurt to ask.
anything elseon your mind?

its the internet, buddy. Hahaaha