IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

4th gen IS what would you like.?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-17, 05:51 PM
robert2423
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 4th gen IS what would you like.?

I know we just came out with a new car but its more of a 3.5 update than a 4. When do you guys think we will see the next IS? Not until 2020?
Last year i found myself thinking i can wait until Lexus makes a new IS with a V6 Twin turbo. Assuming its coming. What are your thoughts on things would you like to see?
I find my self looking at other options as i like to switch my cars alot, but really wanna stick with a Lexus.
Old 04-25-17, 08:21 PM
3ISRC
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts

I can't say it enough, TURBO V6. Better yet IS-F.
Old 04-25-17, 09:28 PM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

it needs the V6 TT, PLEASE
Old 04-26-17, 04:12 AM
Lveyolfe
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Give us the power of the Dodge SRT Demon in the body of a IS
The following users liked this post:
Mike200T (04-26-17)
Old 04-26-17, 05:19 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

I want it to be lighter than the 3IS. Also memory seats for the F-Sport please. I'm not gonna say CarPlay because I know that's asking too much. Haha.
Old 04-26-17, 05:22 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

the ability to combine both the features of the luxury package and the features of the f-sport package.
Old 04-26-17, 08:08 AM
BluPhirePB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) IS-F
2) More powerful 350 (be it NA or force induced)
3) Maintain Roja Red F-sport interior colour
4) Keep 350 RWD available in Canada
5) Maintain LFA inspired F-sport gauges
6) Updated GPS graphics
7) Updated/entirely new infotainment control ****/touch pad
8) Entirely new V6 - current one has been in use since the 2IS 350
Old 04-26-17, 09:22 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,510 Likes on 1,806 Posts

Originally Posted by BluPhirePB
8) Entirely new V6 - current one has been in use since the 2IS 350
I think the new Camry is supposed to have a revised 3.5L V6 - perhaps it'll come over as an option? I am seeing different reports in different places as to whether the V6 is being updated, but I know for sure the I4 is being updated to use the D4S system similar to what is in the current IS's V6.

Also, yes, an IS-F please. I could see it having a tuned version of the TT V6 from the LS 500. An updated transmission - preferably the 10-speed from the LC, would be great for this model as well.
Old 04-26-17, 12:37 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

The 4th Gen IS will be based off the new GL-A platform that the LC500 is using so the driving dynamics should greatly improve over the current generation.

Here is my preferred 4th Gen IS F-Sport list of things to improve over the current generation:

1) Track Mode- In addition to the Sport and Sport+ modes, add one additional mode (Track) with even firmer dampening than what's currently on Sport+. I personally feel the Sport+ suspension setting is still a compromised set-up with lots of noticeable body roll around the track.

2) F-Sport Executive Package- In an effort to keep prices below $50k, Lexus alienated many potential buyers by forcing them to choose exclusive key features found only on the Luxury or F-Sport package. Outside the US market, buyers have the option of selecting different F-sport trims which include many of the items currently only found on the Luxury package for USDM models.

3) Torsen LSD as optional or standard F-sport equipment- To further add credential to the F-sport branding, a Torsen LSD needs to be available as standard F-Sport equipment or at the very least as an option. Currently, the 2017 RC F-Sport has a Torsen LSD available as an add-on item for $300.00.

4) Wider tires- Current RC F-Sport utilizes a 235mm front / 265mm rear tire set-up using Michelin Pilot Super Sports. It would be great to see the 4IS F-Sport incorporate a similar tire configuration (by this time, it would likely be the Michelin PS4S tires).

5) New V6TT or heavily revised 2GR- Not more needs to be said about this. Lexus needs to play catch-up to what Infiniti now offers for its Q50 and Q60 engine line-up. If Lexus continues to stretch the lifespan of the 2GR-FSE, the engine should receive an overhaul similar to the 2UR V8 engine to safely increase the compression ratio, increased redline, etc. for additional HP.

Last edited by redspencer; 04-27-17 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Changed global platform acronym from TNGA to GL-A
Old 04-26-17, 01:56 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

better placement for the cup holders.
higher definition nav screen + better software
Old 04-26-17, 03:09 PM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Enough engine to get it into the 4-5 second 0-60 range, like 4.5 seconds. Also needs a DCT.
Old 04-26-17, 04:03 PM
MatrixPC
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't really care, unless they bring over the IS Hybrid or put a manual trans on the Turbo IS.
My current IS is a bought so it will be hand down to my son/daughter as his/her first car (they have to do rock/paper/scissor and the winner get to pick the IS or the Camry).
I'll get a Supra for myself or the IS Hybrid/Manual
Mrs wants the GS.

Last edited by MatrixPC; 04-26-17 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-26-17, 06:58 PM
JayC708
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TT V6 and lighter curb weight would make it a more serious competitor to the 340 m sport. Memory seats, tilting mirrors, fog lights with f sport. Updated joystick, bigger nav. bbk for rear wheels would be nice.
Old 04-26-17, 07:20 PM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They need to lean it out some. It's a heavy car and it's body to wheel proportions make it a little funky looking. Looks to have a fat butt. Really needs a much more sporty side profile.
Old 04-26-17, 09:09 PM
SilvrBulet
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
The 4th Gen IS will be based off the new TNGA platform that the LC500 is using so the driving dynamics should greatly improve over the current generation.

Here is my preferred 4th Gen IS F-Sport list of things to improve over the current generation:

1) Track Mode- In addition to the Sport and Sport+ modes, add one additional mode (Track) with even firmer dampening than what's currently on Sport+. I personally feel the Sport+ suspension setting is still a compromised set-up with lots of noticeable body roll around the track.

2) F-Sport Executive Package- In an effort to keep prices below $50k, Lexus alienated many potential buyers by forcing them to choose exclusive key features found only on the Luxury or F-Sport package. Outside the US market, buyers have the option of selecting different F-sport trims which include many of the items currently only found on the Luxury package for USDM models.

3) Torsen LSD as optional or standard F-sport equipment- To further add credential to the F-sport branding, a Torsen LSD needs to be available as standard F-Sport equipment or at the very least as an option. Currently, the 2017 RC F-Sport has a Torsen LSD available as an add-on item for $300.00.

4) Wider tires- Current RC F-Sport utilizes a 235mm front / 265mm rear tire set-up using Michelin Pilot Super Sports. It would be great to see the 4IS F-Sport incorporate a similar tire configuration (by this time, it would likely be the Michelin PS4S tires).

5) New V6TT or heavily revised 2GR- Not more needs to be said about this. Lexus needs to play catch-up to what Infiniti now offers for its Q50 and Q60 engine line-up. If Lexus continues to stretch the lifespan of the 2GR-FSE, the engine should receive an overhaul similar to the 2UR V8 engine to safely increase the compression ratio, increased redline, etc. for additional HP.
All this. Said it so well. Also WHY ARE THERE NO SUNGLASS HOLDERS?! Bring those back! FFS

Quick Reply: 4th gen IS what would you like.?