IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Front bumper Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-16, 04:44 AM
LexVu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front bumper Removal?

Does anyone have anything on removing the front bumper? Planning on wrapping my car soon.
Old 04-22-16, 05:32 AM
KYLESTONES
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1, I'm sure I could figure it out but would like a better idea of what to look for before getting started
Old 04-22-16, 09:18 AM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

this is for the 2nd gen but it should give you an idea of where the bolts are to remove
Old 04-27-16, 10:35 PM
popyo
Driver School Candidate

Will need to remove mine soon too to fix a dent...

Have you guys tried it? Any difference from the 2nd gen?
I took a quick look, seems like 3rd gen has more screws to remove?

Thanks!
Old 04-27-16, 11:08 PM
nslac
Rookie

I took my front bumper off about 2 weeks when I had to replace my front grille on my 2015 F-Sport. I couldn't find any info on 3IS so decided to give it a go.

Considering I have never removed a front bumper on my own, it took me less then 20-25mins.

I would recommend having a mate around to lend a hand if possible. Removal of the bar can be done by 1 person will you will require at least 2 persons during installation.

Here is set of quick instructions:

1. Jack up the end of the vehicle and put it on stands
2. Open the bonnet and remove the front plastic shroud by removing the clips.
3. Next to each headlight is a bonnet bump stop, remove that including screws (you can easily see this as the plastic bumper is attached the steel structure).
4. Now get underneath the vehicle and remove all the plastic clips (remove only, don't need to take anything else off)
5. On the drivers side wheel arch, there are 3 clips which needs to be removed. Just need a flat head and gently pull it out. To unclip, push/slide the clip inwards.
6. Gently pull the plastic wheel arch shroud away which will expose 1 hidden bolt, remove this bolt.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 on the passenger side
8. From the drivers side wheel arch, grab the edge of the bumper and gently pull it outwards. You can apply bit of pressure and you will hear few hidden clips unclip. This clips are located along the fender and around the headlights.
9. Repeat step 8 on the passenger side
10. DO NOT pull the bar completely off at this stage as you will need to disconnect the DRL light plugs. Unplug the plug carefully
11. If you have headlight washers installed, you will need to disconnect the hose from the bumper bar and temporary plug it up while the bar is removed.

Also take note the bar is front heavy due to all the **** installed behind it so throw a rug underneath it and towards the front just in case it flips forward.

Hopefully this makes sense. Let me up if you require more info.

Last edited by nslac; 04-27-16 at 11:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AdamIS300h (01-17-20)
Old 04-28-16, 06:26 AM
andysvette
Driver

Originally Posted by nslac
I took my front bumper off about 2 weeks when I had to replace my front grille on my 2015 F-Sport. I couldn't find any info on 3IS so decided to give it a go.

Considering I have never removed a front bumper on my own, it took me less then 20-25mins.

I would recommend having a mate around to lend a hand if possible. Removal of the bar can be done by 1 person will you will require at least 2 persons during installation.

3. Next to each headlight is a bonnet bump stop, remove that including screws (you can easily see this as the plastic bumper is attached the steel structure).
4. Now get underneath the vehicle and remove all the plastic clips (remove only, don't need to take anything else off)
5. On the drivers side wheel arch, there are 3 clips which needs to be removed. Just need a flat head and gently pull it out. To unclip, push/slide the clip inwards.
6. Gently pull the plastic wheel arch shroud away which will expose 1 hidden bolt, remove this bolt.
8. From the drivers side wheel arch, grab the edge of the bumper and gently pull it outwards. You can apply bit of pressure and you will hear few hidden clips unclip. This clips are located along the fender and around the headlights.
10. DO NOT pull the bar completely off at this stage as you will need to disconnect the DRL light plugs. Unplug the plug carefully
11. If you have headlight washers installed, you will need to disconnect the hose from the bumper bar and temporary plug it up while the bar is removed.

Also take note the bar is front heavy due to all the **** installed behind it so throw a rug underneath it and towards the front just in case it flips forward.

Hey thanks for the write up. My wife managed to hit a section of re-tread
Attached Thumbnails Front bumper Removal?-img_1957.jpg  
Old 04-28-16, 03:06 PM
nslac
Rookie

Ouch! Lucky it only got the grile.

I had to replace the bottom half on the front grille because I got a Grimmspeed number plate relocation kit.

In Australia the front number plate also has a plastic number plate holder. Only when I took the holder off I realised there were actual cut outs in the grille for the holder to clip in. Just because of that I had to go through this entire bumper removal and grille replacement process.
Old 01-17-20, 09:40 AM
AdamIS300h
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nslac

Hello nslac,
probably you know, if it would be possible to remove the headlight washer bar, "going into" from the fender (without removing the whole front bumper)???
or maybe it is possible to take it out from the bumper (from outside)??
could you please help me in this problem, because in 2 weeks my car is going to get wrapped and the guys told me that they could do it more beautiful, if they got the bars out of the bumper (but they don't know how does it come out)

thank you