IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

RAZO Shift Knob Installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-15, 09:00 PM
anamynous
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RAZO Shift **** Installation

Hey guys. Has anyone installed the RAZO RA65A Shift **** in their 3IS? I saw it installed in a Seibon IS (Article and image below) and so I ordered it, but I can't see how the boot cover would attach to this shift **** because unlike the stock shift ****, there isn't a place the clips can go into. Any thoughts guys?

http://seiboncarbon.com/blog/2013/11...is350-f-sport/
Old 10-27-15, 09:08 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by anamynous
Hey guys. Has anyone installed the RAZO RA65A Shift **** in their 3IS? I saw it installed in a Seibon IS (Article and image below) and so I ordered it, but I can't see how the boot cover would attach to this shift **** because unlike the stock shift ****, there isn't a place the clips can go into. Any thoughts guys?

http://seiboncarbon.com/blog/2013/11...is350-f-sport/
Well clearly from the picture, the boot is not attached to the shift ****...I guess you just need to leave it as it is...
Old 10-27-15, 09:09 PM
anamynous
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gpxluke
Well clearly from the picture, the boot is not attached to the shift ****...I guess you just need to leave it as it is...
I hope that is not the case, because it won't even let you shift if the boot cover slides down......
Old 10-27-15, 10:02 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by anamynous
I hope that is not the case, because it won't even let you shift if the boot cover slides down......
Lol why not ? U can still shift i tried it.
Old 10-28-15, 09:45 AM
anamynous
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gpxluke
Lol why not ? U can still shift i tried it.
It works if the boot stays up (even if unattached), but mine keeps sliding down, and once it goes down to a certain point, it won't let me move the shifter.
Old 10-28-15, 11:00 AM
Stevent
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U can probably prop up the clip by using rubber bands and/or zip ties. U would have to remove th center console to do it.
Old 10-28-15, 05:08 PM
anamynous
Pole Position

So it seems there isn't a way to get the existing clip to clip on. I just saw that this guy who has it had to use a razor and cut the clip off. Either that or I'm going to look into getting an aftermarket boot cover.

Another update for anyone curious about getting this shift ****, I drove around today with the boot cover just hanging there, but because the boot cover is lower than it should be (the clip is caught on the bottom of the ****) I can't shift manually. You can still shift with the paddle shifters though.
Old 10-28-15, 05:56 PM
desu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to get an aftermarket **** sometime in the future as well. Good to know that we'll probably need a boot cover alternative to fix the problem.
Old 10-28-15, 06:02 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

The razo shift *** has three way adjustable height. You insert spacers inside the ****. Use the heighest to clear to manual mode. As for the shift boot, i went aftermarket and its was a chore to fit as well and takes modification.
Old 10-28-15, 06:09 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Old 10-28-15, 07:54 PM
glo6035
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed same razo ****, the stock clip I cut away at with a razor until it was thin, and then wrapped the top of it in cf vinyl.
Old 10-29-15, 10:00 AM
anamynous
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sexis350
The razo shift *** has three way adjustable height. You insert spacers inside the ****. Use the heighest to clear to manual mode. As for the shift boot, i went aftermarket and its was a chore to fit as well and takes modification.
Yea I already put in the spacer to put it at maximum height. Do you remember where you got your aftermarket boot? All the ones I've been able to find is that carbon fiber material or suede. I like the leather one you have.

Originally Posted by glo6035
Installed same razo ****, the stock clip I cut away at with a razor until it was thin, and then wrapped the top of it in cf vinyl.
Cool thanks. Yea cutting it would be my last resort, but I may have to do that if I can't find a suitable aftermarket boot cover.
Old 11-09-15, 12:19 AM
anamynous
Pole Position

So just wanted to give an update. I ordered an aftermarket boot cover from ebay. Then I took the center console apart to get to the boot and realized that the stock clip is zip tied to the stock boot. So I flipped the boot cover inside out and cut off the zip tie, did the same for the aftermarket boot to take out the circular opening at the top, and then just swapped them and re-zip tied it on to the stock boot. So I ended up not having to replace the actual boot. Came out awesome. Love the shift ****.

Old 11-09-15, 12:28 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks pretty freaking awesome!

Glad you figured it out!
Old 11-09-15, 08:56 PM
jkhang714
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Thats looks dope.

Do you think this **** is too much? One in pix is too long, but they come in a shorter size as well

Quick Reply: RAZO Shift Knob Installation