IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Compilation of problems on your IS350

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-14, 06:25 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hermes
My biggest problem is I love my car too damn much. I don't want to get out, ever.
that's funny because i love my car sooooo damn much that i can't wait to take it out! i'll even volunteer to go to the store and buy my wife some tampons just so i can drive the 3IS.

Originally Posted by jennypenny
For "Auto-volume", which car offers auto-volume? just make it a habit of lowering the volume everytime you park your car. which is my habit

If you unlock your car, and didnt open any doors, it will lock itself. a car shouldnt lock itself when you leave the car. dont think many cars do. Imagine, you leaving your car to pump gas and it locks. god dangit right?
like others mentioned auto volumn feature is just a complete oversight on lexus' part. i came from an rsx, and come on even that pos had the feature.

computer, sensor, key fob, three things which would have made this happen if lexus wasn't so idiotic about the build.. small little details like this should have been focused on. you have all the components now just enter a programming code "if no sensor detected, in x seconds, lock door." boom baby done.
Old 08-11-14, 03:13 PM
nova123
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
if kids or people are in the car when it auto locks and can’t get out the manufacturer is liable if something terrible happens, if you lock the vehicle and this happens, you are liable – because YOU locked the vehicle.
Fair point, but I am sure my old jetta from 06 had a sensor inside the car that it wouldn't auto lock if someone was inside but if I walked away without locking it would lock itself

I don't think it's a big deal though, like come on guys, the folding mirror are a dead giveaway!

Maybe still in the honey moon period but I always look back at the car at least once when walking away =\
Old 08-12-14, 01:55 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
The lack of an auto lock “feature” is most likely a liability issue – surprised some autos do this as some posters have stated – if kids or people are in the car when it auto locks and can’t get out the manufacturer is liable if something terrible happens, if you lock the vehicle and this happens, you are liable – because YOU locked the vehicle. You may have heard of babies, young kids or elderly folks dying or getting hurt in vehicles left out in the heat or cold. It’s a shame but often times the litigious tendencies of the few trump the logical wants and needs of the masses.
wait a sec. as any locked car you can open the door from inside the car as you usually do but you cannot open from outside. Very basic and simple mechanism can do that. I don't see this as a litigation issue whatsoever.
Old 08-12-14, 03:28 PM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by salvadorik
wait a sec. as any locked car you can open the door from inside the car as you usually do but you cannot open from outside. Very basic and simple mechanism can do that. I don't see this as a litigation issue whatsoever.
Not as easy if you're a baby or a pet.
Old 12-07-15, 08:07 AM
darkarmy
Rookie

Hi Rconmymind,

Did you ever find out what was causing the white noise, that shhhhhhh noise? I have the exact same problem on my 2016 IS and can't figure it out.

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Anyone notice a "white noise" in the cabin of the vert? Like a shhhhh noise. I didn't want to make a new thread over it. Sitting there on a crisp cold morning I noticed it today. I pressed the fan to off. Didn't help. Hit the radio and made sure that was off too. Still there. I covered the vents thinking the engine noise is coming through there but that doesn't help. Acoustically in the entire cabin and omni directional. Also if you lean forward onto the steering wheel you'll definitely hear a higher pitch. It's certainly on my hit list to eliminate.
Thanks for reading.
Old 12-07-15, 08:13 AM
LeapFrog
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by darkarmy
Hi Rconmymind,

Did you ever find out what was causing the white noise, that shhhhhhh noise?
Ventilated / heated seats?
Old 12-07-15, 11:51 AM
ra123
Driver School Candidate

I am getting 11.6mpg in my first 2 weeks of owning the 2016 is350awd f sport. Is that normal? (I've only driven city so far)

I haven't been too aggressive with car except a few times.
Old 12-07-15, 02:24 PM
darkarmy
Rookie

I found out what my noise from the vents was, turns out its the fan when ONLY set to window and feet area. I changed it to other settings and the swoosh noise was gone. Not sure what is causing it. gotta bring it back to the dealership when I have some time.
Old 12-07-15, 02:52 PM
goldengame
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ra123
I am getting 11.6mpg in my first 2 weeks of owning the 2016 is350awd f sport. Is that normal? (I've only driven city so far)

I haven't been too aggressive with car except a few times.
I don't think that's normal. I average about 23 mpg. In the city I'm getting 20 mpg on average. If I drive it harder I get around 17 mpg.
Old 12-07-15, 03:36 PM
hellrazer4
Driver School Candidate

Default Remote start

Originally Posted by wasGMguy
First i have to say, this 2014 is 350 AWD, is the most fun vehicle I have ever driven. My only complaits are:
- No remote start. This is unexeptable. How could Lexus not pick up on this? Hopefully an aftermarket remote start will show up eventually.
- There is a lot of road noise. It probably is due to the low profile tires. My Cadillac CTS was just as noisy.
- The navigation is not worth the extra money. I find it very low grade compared to most. Better off just buying a cheap Garmin and sticking it to you windshield.

Other than that, this car is awesome. Drives and handles great. It will be interesting to see how it handles a Canadian winter.
When I got my 2015 IS350 F Sport they said the vehicle doesn't have remote start. My Co worker has a 2014 GS350 F Sport and his key fob came with remote start details which I tried on my 3IS and it works. You have to lock vehicle 3 times and hold the lock bottom the last time or a 4th time. After a couple seconds the car flashes the hazards 5 to 10 times and the vehicle starts. When you touch door or open trunk to car it will shut off. My assumption is that because the vehicle has rear seats that fold down to access the back seat, the vehicle shuts off as a safety feature to eliminate possibility of someone else driving off in your car. The remote start does work with key fob.
Old 12-07-15, 05:16 PM
darkarmy
Rookie

Originally Posted by goldengame
I don't think that's normal. I average about 23 mpg. In the city I'm getting 20 mpg on average. If I drive it harder I get around 17 mpg.
When I first got my car I was getting 12 litre per 100km but after about 1500 km or after my first month inspection I am getting 15 litres per 100km. Not sure what happened.
Old 12-07-15, 07:39 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hupperware
Most cars that don't have stops on the volume **** featured this. My 2010 Camaro had it. My 2005 350 Z had it. It's a great feature, and a legitimate complaint.

Um, no... the car detects the key. It knows when it's inside. My fiance's Jetta will lock the door in 30 seconds if it doesn't detect the key.

We have the technology for this stuff... it just seems to be an oversight.
I wouldn't want my car locking itself at all. I live where you don't have to lock cars and it would actually be annoying if it did this.. they could however make it an option in the settings to satisfy both of us
Old 12-07-15, 09:26 PM
Lex350F
Driver School Candidate

'15 Fsport Awd here.

- Heated seats don't work as well
- Windshield seems to be of very low quality, easily cracks. I've talked to some other local owners and they all have experienced the same issue.
- slight vibration on idle.
Old 12-08-15, 07:30 PM
ra123
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by darkarmy
When I first got my car I was getting 12 litre per 100km but after about 1500 km or after my first month inspection I am getting 15 litres per 100km. Not sure what happened.
That's weird. You are saying your car is consuming more gas as it gets older? Which mode do you drive the car in?
Old 12-08-15, 07:32 PM
darkarmy
Rookie

Originally Posted by ra123
That's weird. You are saying your car is consuming more gas as it gets older? Which mode do you drive the car in?
I drive it in normal mode most of the time and will put it in sport once in a while for short distances.

I just remembered it also started when I put on my Winters, so maybe the winter tires is causing me to lose 50km's.

Quick Reply: Compilation of problems on your IS350