IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Compilation of problems on your IS350

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-15, 02:03 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Vitik16,
Do you have a picture of it? Not sure where the sway bar bushings are....
Old 12-16-15, 04:17 PM
Atticus44
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitik16
Hi Everyone,

I just dealt with the weird rattles / noise from the rear side of the vehicle for the last 45 days with Lexus. I am from Canada, specifically Alberta and dealt with Lexus South Pointe.

After 45 days of going back and forth and them telling me this was normal, the issue has finally been resolved.

The sway bar bushings needed to be lubricated as they dry out. The rattling noise has completely dissapeared and was due to this.

Please let me know if this fixes your problems for anyone dealing with this!
What did this noise sound like Vitik, did it occur going over bumps? I ask because I've been recently hearing this clicking sound coming from under the steering column I think, sounds almost like an electrical/relay clicking when I go over bumps or uneven road, is this the sound you hear? I thought it was the servo motor but it doesn't seem to make noise when I change the airflow option. Still haven't figured out what the sound is and it's mainly during the morning drive and happens randomly so I can't really take it in to the dealer and re-create the sound, they would just say they don't hear anything and be done with it haha. I hope it goes away!! Anyone else have this metal type sound? (sounds like 2 coins hitting eachother). Thanks!!
Old 12-19-15, 03:58 PM
Spamboi
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hupperware
Driver's seat sits too far back from the door edge when the seat is all the way back. This has caused me to catch my pants on the weather stripping many times, causing the weather stripping to tear.

Weather - It never lists the city I'm in, rather a city 10 miles or more away.

Lack of Auto-volume - If "Don't Stop Believing" comes on the radio on my way home and I crank it up... the volume remains the same on startup, blowing my ears out.

Seat heaters - Terrible. They don't get warm enough.

Auto-lock - Sometimes I forget to push the handle on the outside of the car. My sister's Prius locks after 5 minutes of the key being away... why not the Lex.

Lack of auto-start with nav - How is this a thing. I live in Phoenix, where I would love to fire up my car's AC early. How is this only an issue with nav models?

Lack of a digital clock - Love the analog, but doesn't give you "glanceablity". The instrument panel is a video board, couldn't find room for the time?

Voice recognition - I've been pushed nearly to the point of violence from the on-board voice recog.
AUTO-LOCK - You can set it to auto-lock in the settings of your car.
Old 12-21-15, 07:17 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

it only auto locks if you unlock the door and not open the door for a set amount of time. It doesn't auto lock if you open the door or when you are getting out of the vehicle.
Old 12-21-15, 10:26 PM
cFoo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost 2 years now. I've learned to live with most except:

1. Every winter I curse at being able to only store 1 set of TPMS sensors on an AWD model no less. My old commuter Honda Fit could store 2 sets! Yes, I went out and bought Quickset. It didn't have to end this way. It's a Lexus!

2. Cup holders. It still pisses me off every time I have to use it.

3. Navigation unit is completely useless. Entering address is like pulling teeth. Once you get your address in, roll the dice that it won't go blank on you while you're driving. I've pretty much given up *****ing to the dealer and is sticking to my iPhone for nav. Pretty sad for a Lexus.
Old 12-22-15, 05:04 AM
tC2IS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No real issues, just minor complaints after 1 year + 2 months of ownership:

1) cupholder placement just like everyone else
2) total and complete lack of space to store anything in the front of the car besides my sunglasses and obnoxiously sized owners manual set
3) i have that rattle from the drivers side door buttons that everyone else has