Blackvue Camera Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-14, 02:42 PM
skrules
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackvue Camera Installation

Guys,

I am trying to get Blackvue cameras (Front and Rear) installed on my 3IS along with Powermagic pro. I got the camera, but I would like see if I can get it installed professionally. Are there any good places in Bay area where I can get it done?
I cant find anything substantial from Yelp. I went to a place nearby and it felt like the guy has never seen a dash cam before. He said he would have to pull the Audio head unit out to connect it to the accessory wire. I took off, since I didn't want the head unit to be pulled out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-14-14, 09:17 PM
RaysurX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skrules
Guys,

I am trying to get Blackvue cameras (Front and Rear) installed on my 3IS along with Powermagic pro. I got the camera, but I would like see if I can get it installed professionally. Are there any good places in Bay area where I can get it done?
I cant find anything substantial from Yelp. I went to a place nearby and it felt like the guy has never seen a dash cam before. He said he would have to pull the Audio head unit out to connect it to the accessory wire. I took off, since I didn't want the head unit to be pulled out.

There is a DIY install thread on this board with pics. If you still prefer to have a professional do it, find an installer and have them look at the thread to give you a quote. This will help them determine the difficulty for a lower price for you and save them time tinkering around. The install isn't really that hard and wiring with POWER MAGIC pro is easy once you find the fuse box. You are basically tucking wires and not cutting or splicing any wires to tap into the fuse box.
Old 03-15-14, 12:32 AM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I put a finevue on my car with a frd of mine. It's not that hard to do but I only did the front didn't do the rear...
Old 03-15-14, 10:50 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skrules
Guys,

if you look for my DIY this really is pretty easy to do, it shouldn't take more then 45 minutes to do on your own.
Old 03-19-14, 04:01 PM
skrules
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does look pretty simple. But since I have never done something like this, I was afraid to take it on. Good idea with printing the DIY tutorial and giving it to some pro. I will try that out.