IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

how to raise headlight

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-14, 07:17 AM
khizr23
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default how to raise headlight

im trying to raise the headlight since i lowerd my car but how do i raise the light what screw or bolt
Attached Thumbnails how to raise headlight-a.jpg   how to raise headlight-b.jpg  
Old 03-04-14, 09:45 AM
8jml8
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That yellowish whitte hex nut is the bolt you will be turning. I just did mine this weekend. It raise it very little at a time so be ready to have a soar arm when your done. I used a fixed hex wrench. Don't try and use. Flathead screwdriver. Also faced the car against the garage door and leveled them. PM me if you have any other questions.
Old 03-05-14, 06:01 AM
khizr23
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile How i raise the

how do i raise the driver side headlight it looks hard to get to how did u get to that if u have any pictures or explain to me what u did thanks alot
Old 03-05-14, 12:46 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

use a flat head screwdriver, just turn the **** by the teeth about 10-15 times. Just make sure you have a point of reference (wall) so you see where it was and where the new adjustment is. The ultimate test is driving on the street. Make sure there is still a visible cutoff, just further out, otherwise you'll be blinding people on the road if it's pointed too high up.
Old 03-05-14, 01:23 PM
anhzie
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had Baggs and wonder if i raise it up at driving level and when i air up does it auto adjust?
Old 03-05-14, 01:45 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by anhzie
i had Baggs and wonder if i raise it up at driving level and when i air up does it auto adjust?
Only the HID headlights auto level. Seeing that you have an F Sport, you should have the LED headlights which do not have an auto leveling function. The LED headlights are standard on F Sports, and optional on the non F Sports.
Old 03-05-14, 03:52 PM
8jml8
Driver

i used the fixed hex nut wrench for the drivers side. i just snapped out the windshield washer long tube, and they you have a better angle to work, not the best angle, but it works. just dont break off the clip that holds the windshield washer tube off, or i will never stayt and the fluid will fly out of the resovoir.
Old 03-20-14, 08:56 AM
bruteshot2
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 8jml8
i used the fixed hex nut wrench for the drivers side. i just snapped out the windshield washer long tube, and they you have a better angle to work, not the best angle, but it works. just dont break off the clip that holds the windshield washer tube off, or i will never stayt and the fluid will fly out of the resovoir.
Do you think a ratcheting wrench would work just fine? What's the "diameter" of the hex nut, just so I can get a set that could work on it?

Thanks!
Old 03-20-14, 10:34 AM
anhzie
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDR76
Only the HID headlights auto level. Seeing that you have an F Sport, you should have the LED headlights which do not have an auto leveling function. The LED headlights are standard on F Sports, and optional on the non F Sports.
really? because im on BAGG and when i go up and down i saw the headlight moving up and down too..i wanna raise it up on my driving height because the car is low.
Old 03-20-14, 10:53 AM
SilentWish
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry for the stupid question
but how do you get to those gears in the photo?
any pic of how to get to it?

on the 2IS, i only needed a philips screw driver to insert at the top of the gear and turn, and it would work like a clock gear and adjust the headlights

can the same be done here?
Old 03-20-14, 12:13 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by anhzie
really? because im on BAGG and when i go up and down i saw the headlight moving up and down too..i wanna raise it up on my driving height because the car is low.
Yes. I have the auto leveling HIDs in my RX, and the LEDs in my IS. When you start up the RX, the headlights very visibly go up and down before settling on the correct location. My IS does not do that.

This can also be found on the Lexus site. In the features/safety page, you have these two headlight options:

High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling and LED daytime running lights

or

Twin projector LED headlamps
Old 03-20-14, 02:06 PM
anhzie
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JDR76
Yes. I have the auto leveling HIDs in my RX, and the LEDs in my IS. When you start up the RX, the headlights very visibly go up and down before settling on the correct location. My IS does not do that.

This can also be found on the Lexus site. In the features/safety page, you have these two headlight options:

High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling and LED daytime running lights

or

Twin projector LED headlamps
hmm i see but i dont know why when i air my car up or down the headlight light will visibly go up and move down too, that why i wonder if i move it up does it will auto or not
Old 03-21-14, 12:19 PM
EShao350
Driver School Candidate

It's a 8mm just use a long ratchet wrench.
Old 03-23-14, 07:54 PM
amoney805
Pole Position

What tool is everyone using? A straight socket wrench won't fit.
Old 04-16-14, 09:50 PM
Christian3
Driver School Candidate

I just did it with 1 flat head screw driver. Out if 5 I had I had to try out 3 before getting the right fit. It has to be a thin screw driver so it fits in between the plastic gap before the teeth. I just put the flat head in between the teeth and twisted right (tighty) to face up. It's only one click every turn so you have to do it repeatedly about 10-15 times to see at least an inch of higher height on the wall.

Quick Reply: how to raise headlight