Operation of Electrical Items Restricted. 3IS

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-14, 09:09 AM
pjc16
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Operation of Electrical Items Restricted. 3IS

Hey guys,

About 30 min ago when i went out to my garage to try to start up my 3IS it wouldn't let me.

The normal message displayed on the dash "Depress brake pedal and push engine switch to start" but after that then it pop up with "Operation of Electrical Items Restricted" and my vehicle would not start. Everything on the inside seems to be working fine nav,sat,backup camera etc. It just will not start.

I connect with Safety Connect & Lexus Roadside & the guy said they have never heard of this one before...

Their in the process of sending out Roadside now. (The closest Lexus dealership is over a hour away)... He noted it could be a possible bad battery??

Have any of y'all ever had this message before, and what was the outcome!
Attached Thumbnails Operation of Electrical Items Restricted. 3IS-img_0033.jpg   Operation of Electrical Items Restricted. 3IS-img_0030.jpg   Operation of Electrical Items Restricted. 3IS-img_0036.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Nicruz23 (12-10-23)
Old 03-01-14, 09:13 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Hmm, never saw this in any Lexus I've owned. I suspect it's a Smart Access code that might be mismatched between your keyfob and the car and the car is just locking itself down like if when your account locks if you mistype your username/password logging in online.

Did you try another key fob? How about removing the fob's battery, wait a few minutes, then re-insert it and try?
Old 03-01-14, 11:18 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you check the manual while you were waiting? Hope you are doing fine. At least it happened in your own garage and not some shopping mall. Never seen such thing in any Lexus vehicles I have owned so far. Please keep us posted.
Old 07-27-16, 04:12 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by pjc16
Have any of y'all ever had this message before, and what was the outcome!
Yes, in fact it happened to me last night, in my garage
But I guess it was all my fault - I was sitting in my 2016 IS 350 (engine off) last night listening to some audio book through
Bluetooth, probably over 2 hrs. I simply depleted the battery, had to jump start today, everything is fine so far.
When the message popped up I knew I was in trouble - the NAV screen shut off, etc. I probably should have turned off the screen,
who knows how much Amps it consumes.

(I know it is an old thread but I thought it was important to chime in).

Last edited by Olasek; 07-27-16 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-01-17, 05:51 AM
jlozan2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Olasek
Yes, in fact it happened to me last night, in my garage
But I guess it was all my fault - I was sitting in my 2016 IS 350 (engine off) last night listening to some audio book through
Bluetooth, probably over 2 hrs. I simply depleted the battery, had to jump start today, everything is fine so far.
When the message popped up I knew I was in trouble - the NAV screen shut off, etc. I probably should have turned off the screen,
who knows how much Amps it consumes.

(I know it is an old thread but I thought it was important to chime in).

Hey Guys. I just had this happen this morning. Lexus said its just a battery issue and it needs to be jumped. Is that what it ended up being??
Old 05-01-17, 12:33 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jlozan2
Hey Guys. I just had this happen this morning. Lexus said its just a battery issue and it needs to be jumped. Is that what it ended up being??
Yes, jump the battery and you should be OK, it never happened to me again. But I knew it was my fault to begin with, your situation might be different.
Old 05-01-17, 12:42 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,208 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Note when you run your battery down like that, you drastically reduce its life and ability to re-charge again. Never EVER run your battery down. From what I recall, running your battery down deteriorates the plates that separate the cells causing it to short

Run accessories with the engine off 5 min MAX. And even that's pushing it. Our cars have tiny Daihatsu style batteries. None of the TANKS BMW or Mercedes has for batteries. Dunno why Toyota puts tiny economy car corolla batteries in their premium cars.

If you want to run with BMW, we need similar tanks.

Old 05-01-17, 03:50 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Note when you run your battery down like that, you drastically reduce its life and ability to re-charge again. Never EVER run your battery down. From what I recall, running your battery down deteriorates the plates that separate the cells causing it to short

Run accessories with the engine off 5 min MAX. And even that's pushing it. Our cars have tiny Daihatsu style batteries. None of the TANKS BMW or Mercedes has for batteries. Dunno why Toyota puts tiny economy car corolla batteries in their premium cars.

If you want to run with BMW, we need similar tanks.
I'm amazed that no matter the thread topic E46CT always manages to mention BMW. I wonder if there is someone on the Club BMW forum that keeps talking about Lexus....hmmmm....ponder that one for a minute.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sasnuke:
specONE (05-02-17), waffa95 (11-12-22)
Old 11-12-22, 01:44 PM
FredRobert
6th Gear

Default Need help electrical equipment restricted code

I have the same issue. Last night I was waiting for my daughter at her job and I listened to the radio with my car off. Her job is literally 2 minutes away. I parked my car and this morning I had this error in my dashboard and the car wouldn't start.
I changed the battery for a new one after trying to jump start it without any success.
even with a new battery the car would start. So I checked in my openers book and I did the sequence to re initialize. Didn't work. Checked the fuse, clean my pole and everything. Someone told me to fully charge my new battery because the push start button needed more power to start the engine.

Now when I try to start my car the fan go on and keep going like if my engine was to hot to even start.

I know it's probably a little something. I need your advice. I bought it 2 months ago and going to the dealership is not a option for me.
Old 11-14-22, 06:53 AM
FredRobert
6th Gear

Just to keep the tread up-to-date with my issues.
with a scanner I had the code U0100 and the problem is a lost communication with ecm/pcm.
the dealer need to re program the powertrain control module.
Old 12-10-23, 02:06 PM
Nicruz23
1st Gear

I actually just had this happen to me today. It happened after washing and detailing my vehicle. Had my brother jump start the battery and it managed to turn on but the check engine line and “Trac Off” error message is lit up. Will be taking it this week to Lexus for a diagnostic check.