IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Just ordered my 2014 IS350 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-13, 09:37 AM
FusterCluk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, I did the exact same thing last month.
Old 10-21-13, 06:56 PM
ibminh
Driver School Candidate

Default Hey quick question

First Congrats on your order. I'm in the same situation. Do you have to deal for the price first?
I want a Black with red interior Fsport which they don't have on the lot. They currently only have Black with gray which I'm currently making the deal with them. I was wondering if I can seal the deal and then ask them to order the exact car only with Red interior? I'm not familiar on how it works. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-21-13, 07:01 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ibminh
First Congrats on your order. I'm in the same situation. Do you have to deal for the price first?
I want a Black with red interior Fsport which they don't have on the lot. They currently only have Black with gray which I'm currently making the deal with them. I was wondering if I can seal the deal and then ask them to order the exact car only with Red interior? I'm not familiar on how it works. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
They may be able to trade a car that match your spec with another dealer.
Old 10-22-13, 05:11 PM
KumaF
Driver

Originally Posted by FusterCluk
Congrats, I did the exact same thing last month.
Thank you. Congrats to you as well!
Old 10-22-13, 05:14 PM
KumaF
Driver

Originally Posted by ibminh
Chances are dealer will do an inventory search before finalizing the deal. If they happen to be able to get the car you want from another dealer, then you might get a better price. If the car would have to be ordered from Japan, there won't be as much discount. Usually they only give you the quote after knowing how exactly you want your car.
Old 10-23-13, 02:35 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KumaF
Chances are dealer will do an inventory search before finalizing the deal. If they happen to be able to get the car you want from another dealer, then you might get a better price. If the car would have to be ordered from Japan, there won't be as much discount. Usually they only give you the quote after knowing how exactly you want your car.
The dealer I originally went to wanted to charge me up to $800 to get a car from another dealer in my region with my first-choice color. The second dealer I visited didn't have my first-choice color either, but I found another IS 350 F-Sport on the lot with a color I could live with. I grabbed it.

In many years of car buying, this is the first time I encountered a dealer that would charge for picking up a nearby car. It's bad enough to get dinged by the dealer with sales tax, a "document fee" and regular shipping costs, but to add an additional transportation fee is almost a form of usury. I suspect this is what you have to put up with when you buy a car that's in short supply with high demand.

Hopefully, they'll treat you better in Ontario. Again, congrats. You'll love the car.
Old 10-23-13, 04:00 PM
JGard18
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and welcome to the club!

I think I may have preferred Gray with the red interior like you have, but I'm perfectly happy with the gray interior as well. And come next summer, I have a feeling I'll really be glad I went with the lightest color interior
Old 12-11-13, 01:32 PM
KumaF
Driver

Hi everyone. Just an update. My dealer called me today telling that the grey/red 350 F I ordered won't be here until mid to late January due to production delay. So I took his advice and we went to check out an atomic-silver/red 350 F that just came in. Good thing that I got a change to see atomic silver in person since pictures don't do it justice at all! Yeah, I am blown away by its raw metal-like effect and the fact that it kinda changes hue under different light conditions. The car will be ready for delivery on Friday; and I will post some pictures after I get my hands on it.
Old 12-11-13, 05:45 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KumaF
Hi everyone. Just an update. My dealer called me today telling that the grey/red 350 F I ordered won't be here until mid to late January due to production delay. So I took his advice and we went to check out an atomic-silver/red 350 F that just came in. Good thing that I got a change to see atomic silver in person since pictures don't do it justice at all! Yeah, I am blown away by its raw metal-like effect and the fact that it kinda changes hue under different light conditions. The car will be ready for delivery on Friday; and I will post some pictures after I get my hands on it.
You will be very happy with this color choice. If atomic silver,red were an F Sport possibility in the US that combo would have been my first choice.
Old 12-11-13, 06:05 PM
KumaF
Driver

Originally Posted by CtSFox
You will be very happy with this color choice. If atomic silver,red were an F Sport possibility in the US that combo would have been my first choice.
Yes indeed. Congrats on getting your car! Nebula grey on red is still really sexy though.