CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Looking to buy a new IS350 F Sport!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-11, 07:56 PM
isdouble
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a new IS350 F Sport!

Hi guys, I'm in the market of buying a new car very soon and chose IS350 with F Sport + Navi to be my next car. I emailed couple dealerships near by to get some quote and they pretty much offered it as MSRP. I responded by saying I thought you guys would be more competitive than that since there are many dealerships through out Southern Cali and they all pretty much used the tsunami hitting Japan and cars are limited at the moment card. If anyone know any Sale Rep that won't play any games and offer it at invoice or less, that would be great! I'm not in a hurry as I'll be buying the car near end of June but would like to know a couple of dealerships that are willing to work it out with me. Thanks guys!
Old 05-02-11, 12:50 AM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get it from glendale, and asked for peter kong, give him a call hes pretty legit person. well at least for me.

and if you do say kevin said hi! if he doesnt remb me tell him the one that bought the smokey is350 f sport :P i also introduced another member to him and he bought it couple days later !
Old 05-02-11, 09:02 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Its true most dealers are dealing close to or at MSRP because the inventory of cars are low nationwide. To be honest, this is not a buyers market right now. The laws of supply and demand do exist and this is a perfect example. Right now the demand is high and supply is low. Unless you can ride the wave out until later or after this summer, you're going to have a difficult time to get a killer deal, even here in Southern California.
Old 05-02-11, 09:38 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you hit up Longo Lexus? Probably where you'll get the best deal on a new Lexus.
Old 05-02-11, 10:03 AM
isdouble
Rookie

Yup I emailed multiple dealers again if they can provide me the best price near the invoice and Longo was the only one that emailed me back saying Thanks. Bye. Only 1 dealership has provided me $400+ invoice so far. I haven't heard from Glendale so I'll give it a shot later. I still have a month or two so I guess I can wait until supply goes up a bit. I hate car shopping !
Old 05-02-11, 11:56 AM
isdouble
Rookie

BTW which site is more accurate in terms of invoice price? Truecar or Edmund?
Old 05-02-11, 07:20 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by langjaykev
Get it from glendale, and asked for peter kong, give him a call hes pretty legit person. well at least for me.

and if you do say kevin said hi! if he doesnt remb me tell him the one that bought the smokey is350 f sport :P i also introduced another member to him and he bought it couple days later !
yeah, Peter gave me a decent price for my 2011 IS250 but i wish he was a little greedy that day and talked me into an IS350, lol.
Old 05-03-11, 04:48 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
yeah, Peter gave me a decent price for my 2011 IS250 but i wish he was a little greedy that day and talked me into an IS350, lol.
haha he isnt pushy enough to do that!. did you give the 350 a test drive before purchasing your 250?
Old 05-03-11, 08:11 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

May I suggest to look at a slightly used IS-F and apply the saving toward a 5 or 7 yr ext. warranty
Old 05-03-11, 08:38 PM
isdouble
Rookie

I did think about a used IS-F but I'm one of those people that are paranoid on used vehicles. Since I don't know what the previous owner did to the car, I'll be constantly worrying about something breaking down so.. I rather buy a new vehicle to have some peaceful mind.
Old 05-04-11, 12:27 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by isdouble
BTW which site is more accurate in terms of invoice price? Truecar or Edmund?
Actually Carsdirect.com gives pricing that is much more real world than any of the ones you mentioned above.

Originally Posted by avgj0F
May I suggest to look at a slightly used IS-F and apply the saving toward a 5 or 7 yr ext. warranty
I did think about a used IS-F but I'm one of those people that are paranoid on used vehicles. Since I don't know what the previous owner did to the car, I'll be constantly worrying about something breaking down so.. I rather buy a new vehicle to have some peaceful mind.
the problem with buying a used ISF, especially a CPO is inventory. Finding a certified pre-owned ISF from any Lexus dealer is tough considering it was limited production and the retail price of a used F is going up due to the low supply, high demand situation.
Old 05-04-11, 12:28 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Yup I emailed multiple dealers again if they can provide me the best price near the invoice and Longo was the only one that emailed me back saying Thanks. Bye. Only 1 dealership has provided me $400+ invoice so far. I haven't heard from Glendale so I'll give it a shot later. I still have a month or two so I guess I can wait until supply goes up a bit. I hate car shopping !
$400 over invoice...but the million dollar question is, do they actually have the car in stock? Chances are, it's not in their inventory or they are still waiting for one.
Old 05-04-11, 01:12 AM
isdouble
Rookie

Hmm the out of 6 dealerships I emailed, only 1 didn't have it on stock. Glendale actually said they have couple and get some monthly and same goes for the one that quoted me has it as well. It's Southern CA, there's dealerships left and right lol
Old 05-04-11, 09:02 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

I always see several at Longo. I do know for a fact they have them because I saw one IS350 in Starfire parked behind a Ultrasonic..unsure if that was 350 or 250 from my visit last weekend. Longo is the largest in the Western USA so its natural they will have the inventory. They sell 500+ cars on average a month where the next closest is barely at 250 cars a month and that usually is a fight between Cerritos, Santa Monica and Glendale for all of California.
Old 05-04-11, 11:18 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

just buy a 350 and up grade to Fsport goodies, u will save bunch of $$$$, but if u want to get Fsport then test drive the F u might change your mind

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a new IS350 F Sport!