IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Just ordered my 2014 IS350 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-13, 02:36 PM
KumaF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Just ordered my 2014 IS350 F Sport

I went to my local dealer today to check out the new IS. Honestly I wan't expecting to actually buy a car, but I knew I have to have this thing after a spirited test drive on hwy and some curvy streets. This car is way sharper than the BMW 335i xdrive I tested recently, the steering responds is very crisp, the brake is really strong and the engagement point is high on the top, and the engine sounds a lot more raw at higher rpm if slightly rough which I happen to like. The cabin feel way more focused that the BMW, and the instrument panel is way cooler. So I'm here. Placed an order on a Nebula Grey IS350 AWD F Sport Premium on red interior. Unfortunately the dealer don't have such a build in stock, so they are ordering one from Japan for a January delivery. Now the waiting starts, but I know it will be worth the wait.

Last edited by KumaF; 10-18-13 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-18-13, 02:40 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Congratulations and welcome to the club!!
Old 10-18-13, 02:41 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KumaF
I went to my local dealer today to check out the new IS today. Honestly I wan't expecting to actually buy a car, but I knew I have to have this thing after a spirited test drive on hwy and some curvy streets. This car is way sharper than the BMW 335i xdrive I tested recently, the steering responds is very crisp, the brake is really strong and the engagement point is high on the top, and the engine sounds a lot more raw at higher rpm if slightly rough which I happen to like. The cabin feel way more focused that the BMW, and the instrument panel is way cooler. So I'm here. Placed an order on a Nebula Grey IS350 AWD F Sport Premium on red interior. Unfortunately the dealer don't have such a build in stock, so they are ordering on from Japan for a January delivery. Now the waiting starts, but I know it will be worth the wait.
Congratz! We have few people who have ordered and are waiting for their IS to come in. How did your dealer confirm January delivery? Based on most information here when you special order really wait time could be any where from 2 - 5 months and no one is sure which end you would get.
Old 10-18-13, 02:41 PM
anhzie
Pole Position

nice and enjoy the wait ^^
Old 10-18-13, 02:44 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to my local dealer today to check out the new IS today. Honestly I wan't expecting to actually buy a car, but I knew I have to have this thing after a spirited test drive on hwy and some curvy streets. This car is way sharper than the BMW 335i xdrive I tested recently, the steering responds is very crisp, the brake is really strong and the engagement point is high on the top, and the engine sounds a lot more raw at higher rpm if slightly rough which I happen to like. The cabin feel way more focused that the BMW, and the instrument panel is way cooler. So I'm here. Placed an order on a Nebula Grey IS350 AWD F Sport Premium on red interior. Unfortunately the dealer don't have such a build in stock, so they are ordering on from Japan for a January delivery. Now the waiting starts, but I know it will be worth the wait.
Congrats! We have a lot in common. I, too, ordered Neb/Red IS350 AWD F Sport and chose this over the 335i xdrive. Mine was ordered in August, being built this coming Monday and due in port in the Northeast US about a month after that.
Old 10-18-13, 02:50 PM
dci4life
Pole Position

I haven't quite fallen for the new body style. The Tail lights bug me. I love the front end but the taillights are not attractive. Good luck and jealous of your new cars. Im just looking to upgrade to a 2011-2013 IS350 body style from my 06 IS250 (slow)
Old 10-18-13, 02:51 PM
KumaF
Driver

Originally Posted by alexlude
Congratulations and welcome to the club!!
Originally Posted by SonyHome
Congratz! We have few people who have ordered and are waiting for their IS to come in. How did your dealer confirm January delivery? Based on most information here when you special order really wait time could be any where from 2 - 5 months and no one is sure which end you would get.
Originally Posted by anhzie
nice and enjoy the wait ^^
Originally Posted by CtSFox
Congrats! We have a lot in common. I, too, ordered Neb/Red IS350 AWD F Sport and chose this over the 335i xdrive. Mine was ordered in August, being built this coming Monday and due in port in the Northeast US about a month after that.
Thank you guys. I didnt know how my dealer was able to confirm a January delivery, I guess they might already have such an allocation in line and they are just waiting for it to be built. I will double check with them, but anyway the car I have right now is still serving me well.

CtSFox, it seems like we have very similar tastes when it comes to cars lol. I am really glad that I didn't pull the trigger on the BMW that day.
Old 10-18-13, 02:51 PM
titoman110
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and enjoy your new ride
Old 10-18-13, 04:10 PM
KumaF
Driver

Originally Posted by dci4life
I haven't quite fallen for the new body style. The Tail lights bug me. I love the front end but the taillights are not attractive. Good luck and jealous of your new cars. Im just looking to upgrade to a 2011-2013 IS350 body style from my 06 IS250 (slow)
Originally Posted by titoman110
Congrats and enjoy your new ride
Thank you. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 10-19-13, 02:44 AM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Thank you. I'm really looking forward to it.
Kuma, congrats. When it arrives, you'll love it. I bought a Nebula Gray/Red 350 F Sport RWD last week, which the dealer had on his lot. Like you, I cross-shopped BMW (a 328i with an M suspension) priced within $200 of the F Sport. The Bimmer was a nice car, but the steering was horrible, and the BMW 4-banger was outclassed by the Lexus V6.

My only regrets: lack of memory setting on the driver's seat (an incomprehensible omission on a car in this class), and the car's front grille, which looks like it was designed by Stevie Wonder. These nits are inconsequential, as the car drives great.

Be sure to post your impressions when the car arrives.
Old 10-19-13, 05:30 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
Kuma, congrats. When it arrives, you'll love it. I bought a Nebula Gray/Red 350 F Sport RWD last week, which the dealer had on his lot. Like you, I cross-shopped BMW (a 328i with an M suspension) priced within $200 of the F Sport. The Bimmer was a nice car, but the steering was horrible, and the BMW 4-banger was outclassed by the Lexus V6.

My only regrets: lack of memory setting on the driver's seat (an incomprehensible omission on a car in this class), and the car's front grille, which looks like it was designed by Stevie Wonder. These nits are inconsequential, as the car drives great.

Be sure to post your impressions when the car arrives.
I owned BMW's for 20 years. I loved my 2002 330xi (E46) which I just sold. The new generation BMW 3 series (f30) just does not provide anywhere near the driving experience of that car. Surprisingly, the IS350 F Sport comes close.

I got all the options on that almost twelve year old BMW, including seating with position memory, rain sensing wipers, etc. Maybe its just me, but the main thing I appreciated daily all those years was the pleasure of driving such a nimble, responsive vehicle. This is what I will remember this car for, not for the optional incidentals. I suspect the same will be true for all of us who chose the F Sport for the superior driving experience.

Last edited by CtSFox; 10-19-13 at 05:35 AM. Reason: typos
Old 10-19-13, 11:14 AM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CtSFox
I owned BMW's for 20 years. I loved my 2002 330xi (E46) which I just sold. The new generation BMW 3 series (f30) just does not provide anywhere near the driving experience of that car. Surprisingly, the IS350 F Sport comes close.

I got all the options on that almost twelve year old BMW, including seating with position memory, rain sensing wipers, etc. Maybe its just me, but the main thing I appreciated daily all those years was the pleasure of driving such a nimble, responsive vehicle. This is what I will remember this car for, not for the optional incidentals. I suspect the same will be true for all of us who chose the F Sport for the superior driving experience.
I drove E36 Bimmers for more than decade, my last being a '98 M3, which I'd still be driving but for maintenance. I spent nearly a full day in a '14 (F30) 328i before buying the Lexus, and I can confirm that BMW has lost its mojo, particularly with respect to its steering, which is dreadful. The IS 350 F Sport has better overall balance, and its steering is great for a car with EPS. The F30 is now in its third model year and BMW has done nothing to correct the problem. Just as well--I love my Lexus.
Old 10-19-13, 03:54 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the club
Old 10-19-13, 05:37 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LexusNN? Newport News?
Old 10-20-13, 06:13 PM
KumaF