IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-13, 02:10 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Just called local dealer and they have no knowledge of this update. Kind of blows. I wish I can get a copy of the USB or Lexus release it over the air update.
Old 10-03-13, 03:18 PM
561Lexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Just called local dealer and they have no knowledge of this update. Kind of blows. I wish I can get a copy of the USB or Lexus release it over the air update.
I gave you the TSIB #.... just give it to them.
Old 10-03-13, 03:24 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dojoman
Called my dealer, transferred to 4 different people, receptionist, parts, service, scheduler and all have no idea what I'm talking about.
Took about 45 mins to go through all of them and explain it 4 times.
I'll just wait until someone confirms it here in Santa Clara.

Lexus Service and Parts
300 Martin
Santa Clara, CA
Old 10-03-13, 03:28 PM
561Lexus
Driver

Originally Posted by waxy
Called my dealer, transferred to 4 different people, receptionist, parts, service, scheduler and all have no idea what I'm talking about.
Took about 45 mins to go through all of them and explain it 4 times.
I'll just wait until someone confirms it here in Santa Clara.

Lexus Service and Parts
300 Martin
Santa Clara, CA
Give me your e-mail. I will send you a copy of the TSIB and you can bring it to them. That is standard issued by Lexus they will know what it means
Old 10-03-13, 03:49 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by 561Lexus
I gave you the TSIB #.... just give it to them.
Could you pm me the tsib PDF ?
Old 10-03-13, 03:56 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
How long does the upgrade take? I have to make crappy appointment for anything.I'm assuming the upgrade is free, they really should be issuing a recall.
TSB work is free as long as your Warranty is active. Recalls are only issued for concerns dealing with safety.
Old 10-03-13, 07:42 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone in Canada who has this very same update performed?
Old 10-04-13, 08:43 AM
waxy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 561Lexus
Give me your e-mail. I will send you a copy of the TSIB and you can bring it to them. That is standard issued by Lexus they will know what it means
PM'd you about it, greatly appreciated!
Old 10-04-13, 10:58 AM
WhiteISWay
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks to the OP for posting this. I got mine today. Took an hour

My main concerns were the cursor moving slow and the radio taking about 2 seconds to switch channels. (all other cars I been in, almost instant).

After the update, the cursor (in 3 screen mode) moves smoother, but still skips when highlighting different "screens".

The radio change speed has improved slightly, but still not near instant.

Hopefully they will keep rolling out updates in the future. I would say its not worth it fix until your next service.

Version went from V10A8000 to V10A8400
Old 10-04-13, 11:54 AM
Jlesz
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
Anyone in Canada who has this very same update performed?
i took my car in today and mentioned the update, they hadn't heard about it until they searched the system. They said they ordered it and will let me know when it arrives.
Old 10-04-13, 10:28 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

I've had my car since I picked it up Sept 11. Checked today and it already has this latest version.

Don't know what the old version was like, but the response to controls is still slow/laggy. I only had one problem and that it froze when retrieving my email from my phone over bluetooth to show on the screen. I've since disabled this since I just get too many emails when I drive anyway.
Old 10-05-13, 05:36 PM
GaryHE
Driver School Candidate

My dealer got the Firmware update on Sept 30, and I had it installed in my 2014 IS 350 AWD a few days later. The biggest issue I was seeing was with the iPod interface. I have a rather extensive music library on my iPod (about 30 GB of music). Every time the car was shut off, the Nav/Audo system would "forget" my library list and it would take about 15 minutes to download the library list. While it was downloading, the voice activated music search did not function. It also did some other peculiar things, such as shutting off the audio system randomly, and occasionally, after restarting the vehicle, the audio playback speed from iPod source was about half of what it should be. The system would also lock up my iPod fairly often, and it would require a reset of the iPod. Happily, the update took care of all of these issues, and all seems to be working well. The system remembers my music library and the voice recognition for song searches is available immediately after start up.
Old 10-05-13, 05:44 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryHE
My dealer got the Firmware update on Sept 30, and I had it installed in my 2014 IS 350 AWD a few days later. The biggest issue I was seeing was with the iPod interface. I have a rather extensive music library on my iPod (about 30 GB of music). Every time the car was shut off, the Nav/Audo system would "forget" my library list and it would take about 15 minutes to download the library list. While it was downloading, the voice activated music search did not function. It also did some other peculiar things, such as shutting off the audio system randomly, and occasionally, after restarting the vehicle, the audio playback speed from iPod source was about half of what it should be. The system would also lock up my iPod fairly often, and it would require a reset of the iPod. Happily, the update took care of all of these issues, and all seems to be working well. The system remembers my music library and the voice recognition for song searches is available immediately after start up.
Great to hear that the update fixed what was of concern to you. Just curious, did you notice less sluggisness in the system in general after the update?
Old 10-05-13, 06:46 PM
GaryHE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Great to hear that the update fixed what was of concern to you. Just curious, did you notice less sluggisness in the system in general after the update?
Outside of the audio system issues, I really hadn't noticed the system being excessively slow or sluggish prior to the update. It is a bit slower to transition from screen to screen than the Acura I had previously, but not so slow to be bothersome. To give you a point of reference, the Acura transitioned from screen to screen almost instantly. As quick as you could push the buttons, it was there. With the Lexus, it might take a second, on rare occasions, maybe a bit longer. It isn't so slow that I feel I'm waiting on the system. Can't say I've seen any changes/improvements to this as a result of the update.

I did see some sluggishness with the audio system, I noticed some issues if I tried to skip through iPod audio tracks rapidly using the steering wheel controls. If I tried to skip songs shortly after the start of a new track, it would quite often display a message "audio information acquired", but not change tracks. Hitting the button a second time would then skip to the next track. I did not see any change to this aspect after the firmware update. If I let the song play a few seconds before skipping tracks, it works fine. It would be nice if this was a bit more responsive, but since the voice activated search now works as it should, this is less of an issue for me.
Old 10-06-13, 10:12 AM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

My version is v10a8400. So I assume this is the most updated one?

If so, how responsive is your mouse button guys?

Navigating seems very slow and outdated technology.

Anyone feeling the same?

Quick Reply: NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved