IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

"Third time is a charm" -- great 3IS article/review

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-13, 02:48 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glashub
Wow! I think you took it personally. Sorry about that.
couldn't come up with anything else I see lol

You're a sour and petty human being for even posting bs like that.

No not at all. I'm just calling out someone for trolling and acting like a fool

Sorry buddy but by dishing insults obviously shows YOU were the one who took things personal, and instead of coming up with a comprehensive answer you come up with that previous BS.

Last edited by Vroomin350; 09-27-13 at 06:26 AM.
Old 09-26-13, 02:58 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

To be fair...I would describe you 2IS guys's posts in this thread as trolling.
Old 09-26-13, 03:37 PM
ToeMas8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
[I] How does it feel to be driving a car that depreciated significantly when the 2014 came out and just about every reviewer states it's a dramatic improvement over the 2IS? Don't take that personal either to be honest. I have had zilch problems with my 3IS. I would've felt screwed if I bought a 2IS though. But don't take that personal either. I guarantee you that no BMW, Audi, Mercedes owner is looking at your 2IS with envy. But darn you could take that personal and I don't mean it that way so don't take it personal okay?
Such petty comments directed towards creating arguments...

- How does it feel to be driving a car that depreciated significantly when 2014 came out? Please show me these statistics, and common sense would already conclude that their would be some decline... it is a new model... right? I have a 2011 2IS... I've seen no significant decrease in my cars re-sale value per KBB, just saying as an FYI. Also... unfortunately, your new 3IS instantly depreciated once it was driven off the lot. So tell us how you feel... should be the same; it sucks but it's reality. Stop being ridiculous

- Would of felt screwed if you bought a 2IS? Sure that makes sense, when there is a new model available it makes sense to buy what ever is new if that is what you like but I don't think owning a 2IS makes someone inferior or a poor decision maker... lol.

- Your guarantee that no other drivers are looking at the 2IS... is yet another petty comment reflecting anger, and trying to initiate arguments. I've literally had C63 owners and 335i owners tell me how great the body of my 2IS looks and how sick the SFP paint is... further noting the disappointment on Lexus discontinuing SFP. My 2IS, as simple as can be, yet still turns heads but maybe because I keep mine freakishly clean And Vroomins car is absolutely gorgeous. His is not a head turner... that is right... it's a boxer & panty dropper

Nonetheless, I made the decision to buy a brand new 2011 IS fpsort knowing a redesign was coming out and I have no regrets. I am also on board with Vroomin who states he doesn't prefer to buy 1st gen redesigns as small hiccups and kinks get worked out in the 2nd round of production. But I wouldn't worry TSB's and recalls will be provided as needed Lexus is good about that.

Comments towards the 2IS being a females car and the 3IS being so much more masculine made me laugh... I don't think a redesign is gonna drastically swing those percentages. The overall average age of owners might change due to it's aggressive nature but I do not think it will create a swing in gender. In fact the ratio of women drivers in the 3IS in my neck of the woods is 8 out of the 10 I've seen were all females, don't be bitter tho. Not much different from the 2IS... to no surprise.

Back to whats important; I do think the overall styling is dead sexy even the interior... that front end is so aggressive & dope. The gauges in the Fsport are soooooo sick too!

Congrats to all the new 3IS owners tho... especially the 3IS Fsport owners, they have a sexy beast! Can't wait to see what some will do mod-wise... Waiting to see a 3IS on some air with Work Meisters
Old 09-26-13, 05:20 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
ok guys (glashub, is350awd, etc.) - enough with the personal comments, stereotyping generalizations, etc. let's stick to the cars and o.p. topic.

if you have an issue with that, pm me or another moderator. thanks.
Vroomin350, Glashub, please exit this thread. Moderator made a polite request... let's not continue this issue in future threads.