IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

LFA style gauge or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-13, 09:42 PM
Appleman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
It's for real, and from what i've heard around the show during the debut, it will only be available on IS 350 F SPORT and the standard analog for IS 250 F SPORT on US-spec models.

Woah, really?!? That's the first we've heard of this, is it not? All the press release info seems to suggest F Sport models gets the digital tach. They don't specify just the 350. When they talk about the 8-speed transmission, the AVS system and the VGRS system they specifically note this is on 350 models only.
Old 01-29-13, 12:11 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Appleman
Woah, really?!? That's the first we've heard of this, is it not? All the press release info seems to suggest F Sport models gets the digital tach. They don't specify just the 350. When they talk about the 8-speed transmission, the AVS system and the VGRS system they specifically note this is on 350 models only.
This is what I heard from the Lexus reps regarding the US spec models in Detroit. Of course this may change by time of production, but this is pretty reliable info direct from the source.
Old 01-29-13, 08:04 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

what's with the 'ECO' globe indicator?
so you buy the most expensive and fastest IS and you have to be reminded about your carbon footprint?
Old 01-29-13, 08:57 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

so you buy the most expensive and fastest IS and you have to be reminded about your carbon footprint?
Yeah i'm gonna assume the bars below the globe light up like the current ECO indicator in these cars. The harder you push down on the throttle, less bars light up. More eye candy. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Old 01-30-13, 04:22 AM
sveinongen
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I heard from the Lexus reps regarding the US spec models in Detroit. Of course this may change by time of production, but this is pretty reliable info direct from the source.
From Lexus Europe:

" the IS 300h F SPORT and IS 250 F SPORT models feature exclusive 18-inch alloys, F SPORT grille and LED fog lights. Inside, you’re greeted by amazing LFA-style instruments."

Looks like LFA gauge will be on all F-sport models

http://www.lexus.eu/lexus-today/the-...tmex#/Features
Old 01-30-13, 04:24 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by sveinongen
From Lexus Europe:

" the IS 300h F SPORT and IS 250 F SPORT models feature exclusive 18-inch alloys, F SPORT grille and LED fog lights. Inside, you’re greeted by amazing LFA-style instruments."

Looks like LFA gauge will be on all F-sport models

http://www.lexus.eu/lexus-today/the-...tmex#/Features
This applies to Europe only, not the USA.
Old 01-30-13, 11:36 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This applies to Europe only, not the USA.
Why does the US Market always seem to get the shaft ? European F sports also get the ventilated seats, does Lexus not realize how much of the US gets extremely hot weather.

Unless I am able to finally find a job I will be back in a 250 F sport when my lease is up and this news just stinks!
Old 01-30-13, 11:57 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Take heart.

At the rate the Japanese Yen is depreciating, Lexus may be able to pack in additional features before the car arrives in the market and still keep the car at an affordable price point for this segment.
Old 02-07-13, 09:42 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

A 550hp CLS or E63 AMG has an "Eco" setting. Many new cars sold today offer an "ECO" setting.In the CLS 63 for example ,the ECO setting retards the throttle response and the car turns on/off at stop lights. The 420hp Inifniit M has an Eco setting.....tons of others...

So its not just the IS.
Old 02-07-13, 10:09 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by wednesday
Why does the US Market always seem to get the shaft ? European F sports also get the ventilated seats, does Lexus not realize how much of the US gets extremely hot weather.

Unless I am able to finally find a job I will be back in a 250 F sport when my lease is up and this news just stinks!
Yeah I feel you. The JPY to USD factor is not in our favor yet. I'm not sure if the European F SPORT gets ventilated seats. The pre production F SPORT I sat in had heated seats only.

Old 02-07-13, 10:33 AM
LexFather

Yeah I feel you. The JPY to USD factor is not in our favor yet. I'm not sure if the European F SPORT gets ventilated seats. The pre production F SPORT I sat in had heated seats only.

Wait I hope you are not telling me we don't get ventilated seats in the F-sport. That would be an issue.
Old 02-08-13, 02:17 AM
BornDriver
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should put LFA style gauge in every new IS.
And, it seems people at Lexus US headquarter have low taste.
Old 02-08-13, 06:41 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

There is a picture floating around somewhere of the Euro spec F sport and it has the ventilated seats. I can only hope Lexus is reading these boards and listening, I sorely miss the ventilated seats I had in my non F sport IS and I want at least to be able add the LFA gauges as an option.
Old 02-08-13, 10:39 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Lexus put up an official video of the gauges here

http://pressroom.toyota.com/video_di...video_id=22937
Very weak for an official video. Shows way too little. What I really want to know is if the tach needle leaves a rev mark after shifting and lift-offs, and if the background color changes according to different shift points, like in the real LFA. The official demo video of the LFA's gauges is way cooler and much more sensational.

Last edited by ydooby; 02-08-13 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-08-13, 11:10 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
Very weak for an official video. Shows way too little. What I really want to know is if the tach needle leaves a rev mark after shifting and lift-offs, and if the background color changes according to different shift points, like in the real LFA. The official demo video of the LFA's gauges is way cooler and much more sensational.
Well that's 400k car and real reason LFA requires TFT screen is because the mechanical needle is not fast enough to show the RPM of LFA engine. I don't think 3IS is that fast.

Quick Reply: LFA style gauge or not?