IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Disable TPMS - '07 IS250

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-19, 12:43 PM
bryceis250
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by xxmariolxx
Your not the first one. 13 years and noone came with a solution. My tire shop charges $40 per sensor programmed and installed. That's $160 for the next 10 years. TPS do come in handy the other day I got a flat I would've realized once my tired was past fixable if it wasn't for the sensor. Why not just pay the money and get it over with. I couldn't stand the check TPS system on the screen and the red exclamation mark
thats great, but way out of touch with what ive been quoted
Old 05-29-19, 06:28 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bryceis250
thats great, but way out of touch with what ive been quoted
Go to a good tire shop... If your in LA. Tires buy Mark is the spot to go in Canoga Park. I've always got the best deals there. You can get used tires for $15-25. New tires for cheaper then anywhere else. Tire patches are free. There always ready to help and have best prices. Stay super busy so I'm sure buying in bulk for them keeps their costs down alot
Old 05-30-19, 08:16 PM
bryceis250
Intermediate

when are you going to fiddle around with the wiring ? as you probably already know the box is right above the radio. i looking forward to it and have great hope in you ! lol
Old 08-09-19, 01:47 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 157 Likes on 92 Posts

Having sensor problems on my 2008 IS250, along with the dash TPMS lights. Went to America's Tire Co today and they scanned the sensors, said one didn't read, and quoted me $346 for aftermarket sensors with installation, that *may not full work.* The guy said something about the IS250 and a few other Toyota/Lexus models do not talk to the aftermarket brand they use at their shop. Have to use only Lexus sensors. This sounded fishy to me, and the price seems high to fix four sensors compared to what I am reading in these threads. I haven't gone to the Lexus dealership yet, but he said they will likely charge around double. Or he can do the same job with the Lexus sensors for $521 and garantee they will work. All this this sounds ridiculous to me to fix some tire sensors, so I walked out and told him I'd do more research.

Can someone here please tell me which sensors work and if I can use a shop like America's Tire or a major tire chain store rather than taking it to the Lexus dealership? What should the price run? Also want to be sure I am clear on if it is the sensors or batteries in the sensors that are going bad? I didnt' get a chance to clarify that with the guy, and I am not seeing much info in these threads on whether the batteries need replacing or the sensors themselves.

I want to get this taken care of asap, but don't want to waste my dollars. I am located in northern Los Angeles and have access to most big places.

Thank you for any info!
Old 08-10-19, 01:15 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Having sensor problems on my 2008 IS250, along with the dash TPMS lights. Went to America's Tire Co today and they scanned the sensors, said one didn't read, and quoted me $346 for aftermarket sensors with installation, that *may not full work.* The guy said something about the IS250 and a few other Toyota/Lexus models do not talk to the aftermarket brand they use at their shop. Have to use only Lexus sensors. This sounded fishy to me, and the price seems high to fix four sensors compared to what I am reading in these threads. I haven't gone to the Lexus dealership yet, but he said they will likely charge around double. Or he can do the same job with the Lexus sensors for $521 and garantee they will work. All this this sounds ridiculous to me to fix some tire sensors, so I walked out and told him I'd do more research.

Can someone here please tell me which sensors work and if I can use a shop like America's Tire or a major tire chain store rather than taking it to the Lexus dealership? What should the price run? Also want to be sure I am clear on if it is the sensors or batteries in the sensors that are going bad? I didnt' get a chance to clarify that with the guy, and I am not seeing much info in these threads on whether the batteries need replacing or the sensors themselves.

I want to get this taken care of asap, but don't want to waste my dollars. I am located in northern Los Angeles and have access to most big places.

Thank you for any info!
Just go to Amazon and buy the Pacifica brand sensors for your vehicle year. They are usually sold under the Denso name, but just verify they say Pacifica on them. They are in the mid $30 range a piece. Order them and find someone with Techstream to add them as your second set of tires. Then bring them in to the tire shop and ask for them to swap them out. Simple. Or pay them to program them, but you can order a jail broke Techstream for a fraction of what a shop will charge to program. Your choice.

Good luck.
Old 08-12-19, 11:11 AM
bryceis250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Keith13b
Just go to Amazon and buy the Pacifica brand sensors for your vehicle year. They are usually sold under the Denso name, but just verify they say Pacifica on them. They are in the mid $30 range a piece. Order them and find someone with Techstream to add them as your second set of tires. Then bring them in to the tire shop and ask for them to swap them out. Simple. Or pay them to program them, but you can order a jail broke Techstream for a fraction of what a shop will charge to program. Your choice.

Good luck.
forgive me, but...so techstream is the toyota computer software? you install on your computer, buy a OBDII to USBcord to plug it in? could you tell me where to buy this jailbroke techstream?

as far as the original thread, i concur with Keith.the TPMS are the same as everything else no different. you go to the stealershp ad they charge you 5 to 6 times what it will cost elsewhere. it is true ive read that some sensors nt work, like those cheap china knock offs. i think you havnt really searched hard enough because i started this thread and ive read up and down about these. .i still just want them shut the **** off completely. thers people so much smarter then me that cant figure it out thought. its such extreme bull**** they way it sabotages your whole instrument cluster. its wrong.
Old 08-12-19, 02:19 PM
Petet
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I agree it’s way to much of a warning. I just bought my daughter an 08 Altima. It’s only 1 small tire light.
Old 04-06-22, 06:48 PM
Clue07093
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms

I got the schematics. There is one for tpms and one for no tpms is250
Old 01-25-23, 07:49 PM
Qbdanger
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Clue07093
I got the schematics. There is one for tpms and one for no tpms is250
Please share it, do you solve it?
Old 02-24-24, 01:28 AM
Yungbanshe
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Zynthe
When all else fails, put electrical tape over the lights. Problem solved.
that’s what I always do