IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Disable TPMS - '07 IS250

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-19, 06:31 PM
kkevyn
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Disable TPMS - '07 IS250

After a few years of thankful read-only experience here, I will come out with a question (rollseyes). I found the following in the ES sub-thread, with the same intent, but the wiring is obviously different in specificity. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...o-disable.html - ES TPMS Disable - ClubLexus. An IS poster remarked that our instance seemed to have a lot more wires coming from an orange box, but right next to it... I think IS has a different connector. (see pics)

I found the wiring diagram http://d2g5ivbsp9kevj.cloudfront.net...3E/OVERALL.pdf - LEXUS IS 300 / 250 / 220d (EM0153E) Wiring Diagram, but can't find the TPMS connector within documentation.
  1. I thought I found it, correct (see photo attachment). But might be for the heater/blower.
  2. Where o' where?...and...
  3. Which wires... or guidance on the wiring diagram, in order to bypass it?
Disclosure : I am vehemently aware of the risk, yada yada yada. And... the odometer reset method, and check the spare, etc...got new rear tires and the tire shop is claiming it could be any of the 5, and would cost me (already made the Yelp! post).

Found the below, and assume it is under the passenger side (LHD) glove box:

What I "thought" might be it, has 8 wires going in, not 12... hmmm.

Last edited by kkevyn; 02-18-19 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-18-19, 10:38 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

If you're looking for the TPMS ECU, it's behind the head unit. It's a box on top that's either blue or black depending on the model year.
The following users liked this post:
bryceis250 (02-18-19)
Old 02-18-19, 11:45 PM
bryceis250
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

whats the head unit? could you post diagram or provide me words and parts i can search for to find a diagram. ? please lol
Old 02-18-19, 11:48 PM
bryceis250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kkevyn
After a few years of thankful read-only experience here, I will come out with a question (rollseyes). I found the following in the ES sub-thread, with the same intent, but the wiring is obviously different in specificity. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...o-disable.html - ES TPMS Disable - ClubLexus. An IS poster remarked that our instance seemed to have a lot more wires coming from an orange box, but right next to it... I think IS has a different connector. (see pics)

I found the wiring diagram http://d2g5ivbsp9kevj.cloudfront.net...3E/OVERALL.pdf - LEXUS IS 300 / 250 / 220d (EM0153E) Wiring Diagram, but can't find the TPMS connector within documentation.
  1. I thought I found it, correct (see photo attachment). But might be for the heater/blower.
  2. Where o' where?...and...
  3. Which wires... or guidance on the wiring diagram, in order to bypass it?
Disclosure : I am vehemently aware of the risk, yada yada yada. And... the odometer reset method, and check the spare, etc...got new rear tires and the tire shop is claiming it could be any of the 5, and would cost me (already made the Yelp! post).

Found the below, and assume it is under the passenger side (LHD) glove box:

What I "thought" might be it, has 8 wires going in, not 12... hmmm.
the link you posted is broken tell me forbidden?
Old 02-19-19, 07:49 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Originally Posted by bryceis250
whats the head unit? could you post diagram or provide me words and parts i can search for to find a diagram. ? please lol
The head unit is the stereo. If you look at the video below, you will see the guy taking it out. You can see the TPMS unit when he's touching the small black box at 4:55.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZCl...youtu.be&t=292
bryceis250 (02-19-19)
Old 02-19-19, 08:39 PM
bryceis250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nosurprise
The head unit is the stereo. If you look at the video below, you will see the guy taking it out. You can see the TPMS unit when he's touching the small black box at 4:55.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZCl...youtu.be&t=292
thank you thank you thank you. the actual stereo install video was great too. i was so stuck on getting the tesla tyle, when i can get a 2 DIN that looks great, plus you can buy aftermarket shims for the side which i didnt know! so double thanks.

could you go even further and tell me what i need to do with the wires to this stupid TPMS tax/moneygrab/useless/stupid system to bypass. my only concern is the big RED triangle with the exclamation point !and the dash text mde function. why did lexus do this to us, i mean isnt the little tms light good by itself! no, it throws up 2 other petulant notifications too!
Old 02-20-19, 05:43 AM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

On our SC's we found a very simple way to deactivate the TPMS, 2 wire connector that we unplug. I guess somebody sniffed it and made sure the next generation would be harder to disable, probably more of cost savings and focus on the need for TPMS, of course to avoid litigation. It is all about the lawyering. Only 2 sets of people make money in the world: Lawyers and the Insurance people.
bryceis250 (02-20-19)
Old 02-20-19, 12:00 PM
timmy0tool

Received 416 Likes on 371 Posts

TPMS is standard in all newer cars, just like traction control, airbags, seat belts, etc.
the 2IS does not have a TPMS sensor for the spare tire.

I'm in the same boat (sorta) as I'm trying to program 3IS sensors to my 2IS with many headaches (I don't have techstream).
speaking of, have you looked into techstream to see if there is a setting in there that can ultimately disable it via ECU commands?
Old 02-20-19, 05:04 PM
nosurprise
Racer

thank you thank you thank you. the actual stereo install video was great too. i was so stuck on getting the tesla tyle, when i can get a 2 DIN that looks great, plus you can buy aftermarket shims for the side which i didnt know! so double thanks.

could you go even further and tell me what i need to do with the wires to this stupid TPMS tax/moneygrab/useless/stupid system to bypass. my only concern is the big RED triangle with the exclamation point !and the dash text mde function. why did lexus do this to us, i mean isnt the little tms light good by itself! no, it throws up 2 other petulant notifications too!
No problem. I don't know how it can be disabled. The TPMS actually let me know my tire was losing air a few times. I guess you an safely disable it if you check your car's tire pressures regularly.
Old 02-20-19, 08:15 PM
bryceis250
Intermediate

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
TPMS is standard in all newer cars, just like traction control, airbags, seat belts, etc.
the 2IS does not have a TPMS sensor for the spare tire.

I'm in the same boat (sorta) as I'm trying to program 3IS sensors to my 2IS with many headaches (I don't have techstream).
speaking of, have you looked into techstream to see if there is a setting in there that can ultimately disable it via ECU commands?
i have not, as i dont know what your talking about. but im going to google it right now, thank you ! i know of one command for the seat belt ringer, ive always been curious what other codes are out there to enable and disable.
Old 02-20-19, 10:41 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I went through this issue when I bought mines. Decided it was easier just to pay the $150 and replace the 3 dead ones. Haven't had an issue since. I realized if no one figured it out in all these years that I wasn't gonna be the one to either lol
Old 02-21-19, 04:47 AM
Zynthe
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

When all else fails, put electrical tape over the lights. Problem solved.
bryceis250 (02-24-19)
Old 02-23-19, 09:33 AM
kkevyn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Zynthe
When all else fails, put electrical tape over the lights. Problem solved.
Love it. or perhaps a Sharpie pen?
bryceis250 (02-24-19)
Old 02-23-19, 09:35 AM
kkevyn
Driver School Candidate

the link you posted is broken tell me forbidden?
My bad, that was a unique URL for the PDF. The wiring diagram is here (as well as others....guessing ppl know about here on the Forum [or better sites for diagrams]).
http://cardiagn.com/overall-electric...ram-is250-ewd/
/k

Last edited by kkevyn; 02-23-19 at 02:42 PM.
bryceis250 (02-24-19)
Old 03-01-19, 05:31 PM
kkevyn
Driver School Candidate

Found the TPMS Receiver .... and yes is easy to get to, as it is behind the stereo/air console (held by 4 easy bolts). Thank you #nosurpise

Still unable to find a wiring diagram for my '07 IS250, so I took out the voltmeter, and held the contacts to various combinations, hoping I would see a ~5V current or something when I turned the car on (not the engine)...no luck, besides I still have to guess the Indicator wire, or faith to rec'v the voltage.

P.S. curious as to the two thick gray wires (as every thread I've seen in here, other Lexus/Toyota discussion, don't have that. Awfully, thick for such a pretty based low amp circuitry. Onward .

Receiver and model here, for reference:

Last edited by kkevyn; 03-01-19 at 05:42 PM.
bryceis250 (03-03-19)

Quick Reply: Disable TPMS - '07 IS250