IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Info on the sound system in a 2is??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-18, 11:52 AM
Jrreid
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on the sound system in a 2is??

So i’m looking to upgrade my audio system and im curious to know the specs on the factory setup. I am very pleased with the sound and all its just ive got a couple speakers that are starting to sound distorted at high volume. So i dont want to underpower my new system, but instead make sure i am upgrading. If anyone knows the specs or how to find out what my system is, ie. MK or not id greatly appreciate it!!
I drive an 07 IS250 AWD with navigation.
I know i have two speakers and a tweeter on each door with a sub in the back. The amp has no label on it though. And ive tried a couple vin decoders but no info is available.
Thanks guys!
Old 05-27-18, 12:07 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Easiest way to determine what you have is look at the cd player portion of the headunit. Mark Levinson will be stamped right under the cd slot if you have it, and since you're asking, you most likely do not have it.

It's not a bad sound system for what it is. I still wish I would of sprung for the ML/a car with the Luxury package, but eh, that was years ago.
Old 05-27-18, 12:33 PM
Jrreid
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Zmon
Easiest way to determine what you have is look at the cd player portion of the headunit. Mark Levinson will be stamped right under the cd slot if you have it, and since you're asking, you most likely do not have it.

It's not a bad sound system for what it is. I still wish I would of sprung for the ML/a car with the Luxury package, but eh, that was years ago.
Right on. Its definetly a good sounding setup and i want to do it right on the upgrade
Old 05-28-18, 04:38 AM
ballz50401
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's some info for the ML system.

What upgrades do you have planned? I just installed a 12in IDQ subwoofer powered by JL Audio RD500/1 amp. Currently working on sound dampening and thinking about upgrading my midbass drivers in the future.
Old 05-28-18, 01:35 PM
Jrreid
5th Gear

Originally Posted by ballz50401

Here's some info for the ML system.

What upgrades do you have planned? I just installed a 12in IDQ subwoofer powered by JL Audio RD500/1 amp. Currently working on sound dampening and thinking about upgrading my midbass drivers in the future.
This is perfect thanks alot!
Im also looking to upgrade the mids and highs adding a 4 channel amp. Now i just have to peice together a nice setup. I was thinking some Jl audio component speakers with crossovers installed. Probably going to shoot for around 120 watts going to each door.
Im also interested in sound dampning the trunk area in the future. The rattling has never bothered me since theres lots of insulation back there but why not make it better with smoother bass!!
BTW. I guess i do i have the ML audio. Unless the standard has same speaker qty. Good to know the specs though, sounds great for those number!!

Last edited by Jrreid; 05-28-18 at 01:40 PM.