IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DEPO Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-18, 01:26 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
That's definitely a good price. Hope they price match it. The coco777 seller. Many people from CL 2gs bought the DEPO LEDs. I was one of them going 5 years strong today. They are not even sealed. Maybe he can give the 2IS a deal with this new headlights.
Got coco7...to cancel, they are really a company called Autodynamic from El Monte, CA. They were real nice about it when I called. I asked if they would rather just price match the $80 saving but said they couldn't, so I just took the refund.

Ordered from the other guy and saved the $80, which is KT Campus out of Walnut, CA.

Here's his stock photos of the headlights...I checked with Autodynamic and they said that this version doesn't have the hole/cap for the DRL board like the OEM DRL H/Ls.

Should have them late next Friday or followng Monday and probably post my photos when I get a chance.

One thing I noticed on the stock photos is that the lens on these appears to be the 2011 version without the "eyelashed" above the projector area.

Old 01-18-18, 01:32 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 766 Likes on 669 Posts

Originally Posted by sinister2c
Got coco7...to cancel, they are really a company called Autodynamic from El Monte, CA. They were real nice about it when I called. I asked if they would rather just price match the $80 saving but said they couldn't, so I just took the refund.

Ordered from the other guy and saved the $80, which is KT Campus out of Walnut, CA.

Here's his stock photos of the headlights...I checked with Autodynamic and they said that this version doesn't have the hole/cap for the DRL board like the OEM DRL H/Ls.

Should have them late next Friday or followng Monday and probably post my photos when I get a chance.

One thing I noticed on the stock photos is that the lens on these appears to be the 2011 version without the "eyelashed" above the projector area.

Yeah I'll wait on your review on these. I saw an 11+ today with OEM ones . They did look sweet on a black car. My car has halogens anyways.
Old 01-19-18, 01:58 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Awaiting a full review. I'm tired of hitting my headlights with sand paper every 3 months!
Old 01-24-18, 07:26 PM
jaybrohn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sinister2c
Awesome! I'm pretty excited to hear your feedback on them once you get them in. I've been considering buying myself a pair especially if I can keep the auto leveling feature.
Old 01-24-18, 09:18 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Originally Posted by jaybrohn
Awesome! I'm pretty excited to hear your feedback on them once you get them in. I've been considering buying myself a pair especially if I can keep the auto leveling feature.
got these a day early. Did an unboxing video and will post to YouTube when I get a chance.

I'm very happy with the quality for the money so far...only opened one. Didn't take any pix yet.
Old 01-25-18, 09:04 AM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Nice looking! Looking at these on eBay, they also have a switchback LED turn signals integrated into the DRL strip too right? The ones that light up sequentially
Old 01-25-18, 04:40 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Originally Posted by Aspect
Nice looking! Looking at these on eBay, they also have a switchback LED turn signals integrated into the DRL strip too right? The ones that light up sequentially
nope these are OE replacement type. Basically aftermarket crash parts for 2011+ but with halogen projectors. 2011 only came HID in the LED DRL from factory. Looks like DEPO saw a market for these vs the standard 2006-2010 type halogens.
Old 01-29-18, 04:50 AM
Justinx21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone give me some input on how reliable these headlights are and if they would fit my 2010 is250 with factory projectors?
Old 01-29-18, 02:15 PM
ProxyLexi
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still waiting for sinister2c to post his video and review.
Old 01-30-18, 09:09 AM
sinister2c
Racer

I was on vacation since last week and was trying to upload the video from my iPhone to YouTube. I kept getting errors but haven't had time to try again from computer. I will try again later.

Side note, I noticed the seller has been steadily increasing his price from what I paid. I saw last week it was $415, now its $425. Must be getting more sales.

www.ebay.com/itm/True-OE-Style-JDM-Black-LED-DRL-Projector-Headlight

Also, while shopping around for these H/Ls. I found the HID OE replacement versions by Depo. These are designed as the aftermarket crash replacements. They don't come with ballasts/auto level motors though. You will have transplant your OEM ones into them.

www.ebay.com/itm/HID-Headlights-Headlamps-NEW-Pair-Set-for-2011-11-Lexus-IS250-IS350

Last edited by sinister2c; 03-29-21 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-30-18, 12:37 PM
ProxyLexi
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it possible for you to install these lights with the current halogen projector, and let us know how the current projector performs. I want to install these headlights with my current xenondepot hid conversion kit but am not sure how the projector is going to perform.
Old 01-30-18, 12:59 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Originally Posted by ProxyLexi
Is it possible for you to install these lights with the current halogen projector, and let us know how the current projector performs. I want to install these headlights with my current xenondepot hid conversion kit but am not sure how the projector is going to perform.
Probably not since I never intended to use the halogen projector. Those are going in the trash once I get started with the project.
From some of the ebay photos, the output is garbage compared to a proper HID/LED projector retrofit. I assume its similar output and projector to what they use on aftermarket 2006-2010 lights for the halogen 2IS.
Old 01-31-18, 07:12 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Originally Posted by ProxyLexi
I was looking at the H/L last night and I will probably do some testing and review of the DRL on the bench to make sure everything works right and looks good. I will do an output review of the H11 halogen on a wall and then use one of my Xenon Depot H11B bulbs and a Morimoto ballast to see review the output on a wall.

Stay tuned...probably won't happen til late next week since I have a few business trips between now and then plus 3 young kids. Projects go slow in my house.
The following users liked this post:
ProxyLexi (01-31-18)
Old 02-01-18, 11:16 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Finally got it to post to YouTube.
The following 3 users liked this post by sinister2c:
bbaugher47 (02-02-18), MikeFig82 (02-02-18), primavera (12-11-19)
Old 02-02-18, 03:03 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Great video . They definitely appear to be a high quality unit. They look nicely put together and the fact they include Phillips brand bulbs is pretty neat too . Just shows their attention to detail. Good work!

Quick Reply: DEPO Headlights