Just install this Android Stereo and need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-20, 08:31 AM
Donor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC buttons

Originally Posted by Axeboy
Yup, i think you just havent plugged in the small cable on the loom into the back of the new Nav

Its just a small cable that you havent plugged in I think, its not from the car but from the new cable loom that comes with the nav

A pic with a circle around the area Im meaning:

I found that cable and I plugged it in and everything is working now

Thank you
Old 09-23-20, 01:41 PM
shells2412
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi!
Can you tell me where you got this US Can Bus Decoder?

Thanks,
Shelley
Old 11-30-20, 02:18 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone know the reset password for the device? My Wifi says connected but no internet. What's wierd is that the internet does work for Google Play and signing into account. Worst part is when I connect my phones wifi hotpot, I get a message that I gotta log in and I see this. I don't have the device rooted, which I thought I did. If I can root it I can probably fix this problem.

Old 11-30-20, 02:56 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

I may know why this is happening and it's probably due to a Google update. Resetting the device does nothing to fix this I'm told. The solution though may need root access.
Code:
Finally there is a solution for this problem. At least for rooted devices.
1. Device must be rooted
2. In the terminal emulator (app from Playstore) execute the commandsCode: Select all
Code:
su
settings put global captive_portal_server google.com
3. Reboot device 4. Connect wi-fi manually 5. Reboot device After reboot, it should connect automatically
Here's a better explanation why this happens.

"Each time your Android device connects to a Wi-Fi network, the system performs a Captive Portal Check. Android aims to ensure that your device has not only received an IP address from the access point, but can actually reach targets on the Internet. This is necessary, for example, for the detection of portal pages of WLAN hotspots (e.g. in hotels). Android sends a request to the address "connectivitycheck.gstatic.com" for verification. If the request is successful or is answered with HTTP Response Code 204, the Internet is accessible. With this request, the system transmits information about the IP address of the connection, the time of Internet access and which browser is currently used to Google.If you block this request to Google via AFWall+ or anywhere else in your network, a small cross will appear on the Wi-Fi icon in the Android menu bar. Depending on the Android version, a message will also appear that no Internet is available. However, privacy-conscious users in particular do not want to send a "ping" to Google every time they go online. There is now a solution that works on rooted and non-rooted devices."
Old 11-30-20, 08:48 PM
BabyGate
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Try 7890
If that doesn't work, then perhaps try update the android software. Make a copy of the MCU folder before you do the reset. I don't remember the exact location of the MCU folder since I lost my after i was trying out few different version of firmware. I think It is in the PRIVATE folder. That folder should have lots file named something like this: T8.3.*-63-38-C06101-180925.
Old 12-01-20, 09:59 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BabyGate
Try 7890
If that doesn't work, then perhaps try update the android software. Make a copy of the MCU folder before you do the reset. I don't remember the exact location of the MCU folder since I lost my after i was trying out few different version of firmware. I think It is in the PRIVATE folder. That folder should have lots file named something like this: T8.3.*-63-38-C06101-180925.
Already tried 7890 and that doesn't work. You know where I can get updates for the radio? I would think that could fix it. I'm sure by now there's multiple different variants of this stereo, which could make updating it dangerous. For now I need to find a way to root the device and try that command to see if it fixes it.
Old 12-01-20, 10:31 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

I can confirm Kingo Root doesn't work.

Old 12-01-20, 11:22 AM
BabyGate
Driver

I don’t think this unit can be rooted. Post a screenshot of your android and mcu version. If it is the same as mine, i can send you the firmware file, and you can try flash it.
Old 12-01-20, 12:10 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

I don’t think this unit can be rooted. Post a screenshot of your android and mcu version. If it is the same as mine, i can send you the firmware file, and you can try flash it.
Thanks, here's some photos from CPU-Z.

Last edited by Dukenukemx; 12-01-20 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-01-20, 12:18 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Just realized that CPU-Z doesn't show the MCU. So here's the MCU info.

Old 12-01-20, 01:53 PM
BabyGate
Driver

Originally Posted by Dukenukemx
Just realized that CPU-Z doesn't show the MCU. So here's the MCU info.
Ah. Mine is Android 8, while yours is 6.0. Sorry the firmware (V9.3.1) i have won’t work on your unit. Try google the exact system version you have and see if there is a copy out there.
Old 12-01-20, 02:29 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Ah. Mine is Android 8, while yours is 6.0. Sorry the firmware (V9.3.1) i have won’t work on your unit. Try google the exact system version you have and see if there is a copy out there.
Does the MCU match? Is the hardware the same? Because if it is then maybe using yours gets me Android 8 upgrade? I tried Google'ing V7.3.1_20170328.110219_TW2-Orig and 5.3.19-63-38-C08101-170607 which doesn't get me much info. I doubt there's a lot of people who have these radios and made a backup. The nearest thing I could find is from a Russian forum, as there seems to be a brief mention of the 7.3.1 portion of the firmware. Even if they did have a firmware backed up, there's no guarantee that the firmware will work my climate controls and OEM radio equipment. Your firmware may do that, assuming that the CPU and ram is the same. I wouldn't risk it if the hardware was different. I've been known to brick a few Android stereos when it comes to flashing firmwares.

Ultimately I just want the Wifi to work because some apps like YouTube refuse to use the internet connection, which for the most part seems to work. Worse thing that happens is I buy another one of these radios, and looking on Alibaba the price of these have come down significantly when I first did this. Probably has working OEM radio frequency as well. But I'd like to avoid spending money during these hard times. I may ask on XDA to see if anyone can help as well. I frequent on there a lot as well.
Old 12-01-20, 02:46 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Quick search on XDA shows that I'm not the only one with this problem. There are other threads with people asking about this as well, with no answer. One things for certain is that resetting or flashing the same firmware doesn't fix the problem, as other people have tried. There's a thread on the Pumpkin forum where people ran into this problem and their solution was that command I mentioned earlier on this thread. So yea, I need root.
Old 12-01-20, 08:33 PM
BabyGate
Driver

Both my MCU and hardware are different than yours. That sucks if root is needed to fix the problem. I remember seeing rooted version of the firmware for earlier android 6 or 7 on 4pda awhile back.
Old 12-02-20, 09:22 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

The simplist solution is to disable Captive Portal Detection with commands like.
Code:
settings put global captive_portal_detection_enabled 0
Which is done through terminal.

Code:
adb shell settings put global captive_portal_detection_enabled 0
Is if you hook up a laptop to the radio.

As for getting root on the device I may try the method that Russia website I link has. Hopefully it works. [/code]

"About getting a rue on the A6. Here's a 100% work manual:
(at least I always get it.

1. Install KingoRoot and SuperSU
2. Connect the Internet, launch KingoRoot, press the button: One Click Root.
3. As a result, after 90% of progress will see the message: ROOT FAILED - Error code: 0x1B3AB4. Also, the GI can restart (start again).
4. In the same window, press the button: Give it another shot
5. Then again press the button: One Click Root, again came to 90% and the same error, reboot the GI.
6. At this stage, a new SuperUser app has appeared, we're deleting it!
7. Start SuperSU, push New User, log out of the app, and go back in. Now you will be asked to update The Super SU binary. Push "continue" and press the "Normal" button. After a successful update, SuperSU will offer a reboot.

Ruth's got it!

Tried several times on different firmware, always steadily gets Ruth!

Asked a question here on TPMS: GI on Android 6.0.x, Platform Allwinner R16 Cortex A9 quad Core 1.6GHz - Discussion
Maybe someone here managed to make friends with this device with A6?"

Quick Reply: Just install this Android Stereo and need help