IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Transmission Wire IS250 Replacement? P2714 Solenoid Stuck Off

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-17, 08:13 PM
jehmin
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Transmission Wire IS250 Replacement? P2714 Solenoid Stuck Off

I have the dreaded P2714 Transmission in safety mode only goes upto 3rd gear.
Some people have said to replace SLU and TCC solenoid (SL2 in the schematics)
Iv already changed them. Checked my SLT line pressure and it seems normal as does N to D transition time.
Resistance of the solenoids out of the valve body is about where literature readings should be minus the new solenoids purchased ( original from partsouq)
However the resistance from the ECU to solenoids seems about 1 ohm higher for most of the solenoids minus one solenoid. Im guessing either something is causeing the resistance of the wire to increase or possibly become fault.
Iv heard something about it sitting above the AC line and it haveing problems but not sure if it does anything as the transmission wire is inside the transmission. valve.
ALso ECU wire to--> transmission wire--> solenoids they all have a slight variance in readings and the variance changes between the solenoids.
Transmission wire to solenoids are about 0.3 ohms off

Anyways has anyone changed these wires with success?
Old 05-18-17, 10:38 PM
jehmin
Driver

I can honestly say changeing the transmission wire may not do anything.
New transmission wire gives no resistance change to solenoids readings. Did a drain and fill while i was at it. Still no luck.
Taking readings from the transmission wire from under the car is quite difficult. I wouldnt even attempt it. Might aswell drop the pan.
I also had no luck getting readings from transmission wire pin 1 + 9. its E2 and oil . to check the wire. Multi meter didnt pick up anything and its difficult trying to make contacts with the pins while laying under the car and looking at a mirror to see what you are doing.
Old 05-19-17, 06:46 AM
flynryan
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Not positive but I think thats 1 of the codes our tranny was showing when ours was not shifting past 3rd and then started slipping, I replaced the tranny in my friends driveway.
Old 05-19-17, 10:38 PM
jehmin
Driver

Originally Posted by flynryan
Not positive but I think thats 1 of the codes our tranny was showing when ours was not shifting past 3rd and then started slipping, I replaced the tranny in my friends driveway.
Where did you get the tranny? Was it a refurb or take off and what year did yours come from?
Did you do a calibration update or anything
How long has it lasted without the 3rd gear issue?
Old 05-20-17, 08:05 AM
flynryan
Rookie

Bought a used tranny from a salvage yard in Riverside, Ca for $450 including the core. They said it had 100k miles on it. Took old tranny out and new one in w/o doing anything else. Runs great now like it should
Old 05-22-17, 01:30 AM
shlomie11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Solution

Hi

i dont see why you have replaced the slu/tcc solenoids.

https://www.autocodes.com/p2714_lexus.html

P2714 is a problem in the SLT solenoid. I had the same problem. Eventually i opened the pan, replaced the SLT solenoid+atf filter+atf fluid+pan gasket.
Now the car works fine about 5,000 km.

anyway, i bought the solenoid wiring also after the solenoid replacement. In case the p2714 appears again, i will replace the wiring.

See my thread here with all my history:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/843136-check-engine-light-check-vsc-appear-is250-08-a.html
Old 05-22-17, 07:10 AM
flynryan
Rookie

The previous owner that I bought the car from replaced all the solenoids to and spent $1200 doing it. Im sure the garage he took it to told him this would fix the problem but it didnt. I had to put a new tranny in.
Old 05-22-17, 07:53 AM
shlomie11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The previous owner that I bought the car from replaced all the solenoids to and spent $1200 doing it. Im sure the garage he took it to told him this would fix the problem but it didnt. I had to put a new tranny in.
what was your problems/symptoms?
Old 05-22-17, 08:02 AM
flynryan
Rookie

I forget exactly what the codes were but it would not shift out of 3rd gear so when I did scan it said the trans was slipping. Resetting the battery worked for a couple of days but then it would not shift past 3rd again. Put new/used trans in it and it was back to where it should have been.
Old 06-04-18, 03:04 PM
adrusuel
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forget exactly what the codes were but it would not shift out of 3rd gear so when I did scan it said the trans was slipping. Resetting the battery worked for a couple of days but then it would not shift past 3rd again. Put new/used trans in it and it was back to where it should have been.
I experienced the shuddering between 20mph and 40mph, and sometimes at 50 mph. I've had it for several months now, and just recently; it started to get progressively worse. I had the VSC light and traction light on for several months as well. I've had the problem for approx. 25,000 miles, and I'm at 208,500 now. I took it to a Tranny shop, and the owner quoted $2800 to rebuild it. I waited about a week, and decided to pour SeaFoam in (at the advice of a couple of auto parts store employees at different locations) on a full tank of fuel, and a full bottle during an oil change. SeaFoam directions state 1 oz. per quart of oil. I made the mistake of pouring the whole bottle in the crankcase. But with much smiling and happiness; my warning lights, shuddering, and engine startup screech are gone.

Last edited by adrusuel; 06-04-18 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-04-18, 03:22 PM
adrusuel
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've experienced the shuddering between 20mph and 40mph, and sometimes at 50 mph; have had it for several months now, and just recently; it started to get progressively worse. I had the VSC and traction light on for several months as well. I've had the problem for approx. 25,000 miles, and I'm at 208,500 now. My main maintenance/repair shop, and a few other shops all showed me the P2757 code. Some showed the P2714 and P0751 codes too. I took it to a Tranny shop, and the owner quoted $2800 to rebuild it. I waited about a week, and decided to pour SeaFoam in (at the advice of a couple of auto parts store employees at different locations) on a full tank of fuel, and a full bottle during an oil change. SeaFoam directions state 1 oz. per quart of oil. I made the mistake of pouring the whole bottle in the crankcase. But with much smiling and happiness; my warning lights, shuddering, and engine startup screech are gone.