IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

pulse, rattle noise under car

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-15, 04:52 PM
aleborjas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulse, rattle noise under car

my car sometimes well now most of the times has a rattle sound under the right side of the car you can hear it on the car windows closed and rattle goes along with engine rpms, i took the car to a muffler shop to see if the exhaust whas touching to the body of the car everithing looks perfect then with the car on lifted i've got under the car to see where that annoying noise is from and under the heat shield of the exhaust there are lines look like brake lines and two thicker lines that goes to the right side of the fuel tank well those line are the ones that makes the noise the lines shakes or rattle and transmit the noise to inside of the car i was thinking to separate lines off the body but the lines has brakets bolted to the body of the car why those lines rattle what are they for? this is driving me crazy because the drive ability off the car sucks becuase you feel if like the engine has no motor mount or the exhaust is touching the floor and the sounds goes with the engine rpm's

sorry for some of my bad spelling

thank you
Old 07-29-15, 07:21 PM
soloist3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance it's pinging that you are hearing? Tends to sound like a metallic rattle at 6400hz (if you are familiar with acoustics). What gas do you use (octane rating)?
Old 07-29-15, 08:39 PM
aleborjas
Driver School Candidate

no, is not pinging even on iddle with a/c off sounds even more and if you seat on the right side you feel something is rattleling on the floor
Old 08-01-15, 06:14 PM
aleborjas
Driver School Candidate

i was checking the car today and the pulse comes from the mechanic fuel pump that is on the RH valve cover and makes rattle the complete line altheway to the back to the fuel tank it does some strong pulses that not normal
Old 08-03-15, 11:15 AM
soloist3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a tough one without audio to hear what you are hearing. Stethoscopes or long handled screwdrivers can be used to listen even more closely.