IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermarket Infotainment Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-21, 01:28 PM
Brikk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Infotainment Trouble

Putting up a thread since I am having trouble getting my climate control to work after installing an Android head unit. It looks like the buttons for the CC are illiminated, and made sure it was wired correctly, but I can't get any actuation on the fan speed, temp, or mode of HVAC operation... if anyone has any input, I need all the help I can get.

Old 12-11-21, 12:21 PM
Drpower
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are controlled by the canbus. There should be settings on the "car info" app that allows you to control them at least on my head unit.
Old 12-16-21, 12:10 PM
Hamalainen
Driver School Candidate

I bought the same unit exactly and i got the buttons work after changing the car protocol settings. However, I didn't find the is selection from list and just chose gx lexus interface. I was wondering is it possible to add more car options to the headunit, because its probably just a file to add to specific folder (I think...)
Also I have to double check that all the wires are correct.

One info that i found from online is that you need to have specific can bus interface box depending is your car usa europe or jdm model. There was some differences between those boxes.

Android installed.
Old 12-21-21, 08:47 PM
supraman6
Rookie

did you get it working? Also which unit did you buy and from where. I see this unit on Amazon with prime this is the one I would like to get.
Old 12-21-21, 09:04 PM
Hamalainen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by supraman6
did you get it working? Also which unit did you buy and from where. I see this unit on Amazon with prime this is the one I would like to get.
Mine is working good. There was one connector pin bent and I found a proper prtocol from the settings and now climate control is working fine.
Ordered from aliexpress. Model that I got is 3gb+32gb memory and 4G version.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0fzViy

Steering wheel buttons working, oem reverse camera working and even it shows info, which door is open.
There was no proper install instruction with it, but I managed to dial it in.
Old 12-22-21, 07:59 AM
supraman6
Rookie

Thanks for the quick reply. Thanks for the link, i might do the one with the IPS screen. Also it's nice to know it works with the factory backup cam. I would be replacing the factory nav so I can have things like bluetooth audio and updated maps, but I imagine most people are replacing non-nav versions.
Old 12-26-21, 12:30 PM
lsdave
Driver School Candidate

Do you have the Mark Levinson OEM as well perhaps? My factory NAV climate control is dying. Its doesn't work most of the time. but the radio can still be turned on and adjust volume from the lower unit. Id like to try and replace it with one of these units.
Old 12-29-21, 12:38 PM
rdepaz
Driver School Candidate

Not thread jack...but I have the same unit. Everything works fine except the buttons do not light up. Neither do the radio buttons. Triple checked the wiring and it all seems good. Any recommendations on what to check next?
Old 12-29-21, 08:31 PM
rickjames8
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OP - what system did your car have originally? Nav or Non-nav? I was considering the same unit, but some of the ads explicitly mention it will not work on 2010+ models that had the factory nav.

Some of the ads include this image, and some do not. If you bought it from a seller who didn't mention this and you had Nav, it might not work.