IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help! Aggressive fitment guru's acquire within

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-12, 06:46 PM
B16A2NR
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rears only need to be rolled and are a lot less problematic than the front. I suggest against pulling as the bumper edge is perfectly vertical and as soon as you pull it goes from a the fender looking like this / to the bumper looking like this I.

Fronts take a lot more work to go low. Follow the bumper tab relocation posts. With an aggressive offset you will rub across the entire top edge of the splash guard including the little metal fender tabs that have plastic screws connecting to the splash guard. Push those metal tabs flush like rolling your fenders, heat gun and push in your fender liner where its rubbing. There is a metal bracket inside the fender/front bumper area. I bent this area back with heavy duty plyers and a hammer. Be careful though because the more you bend this, the more your bumper pushes out and it will no longer have perfectly flush panels. Its all very self explanatory after you go low. Be sure to try driving with passengers after you feel it doesn't rub and make sure you still can.
Old 03-10-12, 02:06 PM
Dimitri
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by B16A2NR
Rears only need to be rolled and are a lot less problematic than the front. I suggest against pulling as the bumper edge is perfectly vertical and as soon as you pull it goes from a the fender looking like this / to the bumper looking like this I.

Fronts take a lot more work to go low. Follow the bumper tab relocation posts. With an aggressive offset you will rub across the entire top edge of the splash guard including the little metal fender tabs that have plastic screws connecting to the splash guard. Push those metal tabs flush like rolling your fenders, heat gun and push in your fender liner where its rubbing. There is a metal bracket inside the fender/front bumper area. I bent this area back with heavy duty plyers and a hammer. Be careful though because the more you bend this, the more your bumper pushes out and it will no longer have perfectly flush panels. Its all very self explanatory after you go low. Be sure to try driving with passengers after you feel it doesn't rub and make sure you still can.
Yo, I pm'd you!
Old 03-28-12, 01:16 PM
DIJohn46
Driver School Candidate

Hey D! Did you happen to take more pics of the process of getting your fronts to fit? I'm going to be going through the same thing sometime soon but a little more aggressive
Old 03-28-12, 03:12 PM
LamTheSham
Pole Position

Bumper tab mod is the most annoying thing in the world. You can't go low with that thing. I'm two finger gaps from fender to rim in the fronts, and one finger gap from fender to rim in the rear. Almost full turning radius, and almost no rubbing - albeit the big dips. My bumper tab just broke off. I'm just gonna get the PasswordJDM Quick Release Fasteners for my front bumper. Easiest fix and decent when it comes to visuals.
Old 03-29-12, 04:04 AM
steezy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shave the tab or hammer it up. Take a L bracket, mount it on to the bumper deep inside and drill a screw through the metal its like a new bumper tab but far away from our tires. DONE!