IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

#Help! IS350 or G37

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-12, 01:14 AM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The g doesn't have cooled seats, doesn't have memory steering wheel that retracts when u turn car off, & the trim has been known to peel/scratch off. I'd still choose a g COUPE over my soccer mom 4 door. The reason i didn't was because i needed 4 doors for business/family visiting in town.

The g has high def nav screen with far better graphics on the10+ MY. Also has on board hard drive and sounds light years ahead better then any is350.

The drive is slightly harsher but i prefer that. Turns more heads (COUPE) then the is line does.
Old 02-14-12, 07:09 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by raptor22
^ agree, only if it's the G coupe.
G sedan looks so much worse than coupe IMO
Old 02-14-12, 10:22 AM
Lexus@17
Lexus Test Driver

Wow i didnt expect such great feedback from you guys! Definitely gave me some food for thoughts.
I'm sorry to forgot mention that it will be a g37s coupe and its fully loaded.
It have vented seats and seat memories and everything with navi.
I work at a dealership and there a used one in our lot so im considering doing a trade in.
I'm still debating just because the car is silver and im trying to run away from it lol.

I also consider about the A4. But i have no kind of experience with audi cars.
Old 02-14-12, 10:56 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus@17
Wow i didnt expect such great feedback from you guys! Definitely gave me some food for thoughts.
I work at a dealership and there a used one in our lot so im considering doing a trade in.
I'm still debating just because the car is silver and im trying to run away from it lol.

The liquid platinum (Silver) is a rare color on the G Coupes, not many around.. I would consider that over other colors unless its red or blue, but thats just me.
Old 02-14-12, 10:57 AM
JETLEX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are the seats actually heated & COOLED like the Lexus, or are you just talking about the perforated leather?
Old 02-14-12, 11:44 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

stay away. fixes for out-of-warranty electrical and transmission/transfer case gremlins (two of the more probable issues for the A4) are costly.
Old 02-14-12, 05:21 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by istarzan
^ When browsing used g37s, I noticed that almost all of them had paint on the plastic part of the steering wheel peeling. Gives you an example of infinti interiors.
Yup good case in point of how the G's interior sucks. The plastic around my radio/ cruise control buttons on the steering wheel is peeling... kinda almost like how you would peel off plastidip... screams cheap to me, but fortunately ppl are banking off of Infiniti's interior flaw and using carbon fiber to cover it up and selling at a gO_Od price

And in regards to the other poster mentioning the leg room in the back seats. My 7yr old princess is always kicking my seats but I cant get mad at her cause the leg room just sucks

Thankfully we got the IS to the lug the kids around in style
Old 02-14-12, 07:22 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

IS350 for sure. it's faster than the G37 even with less hp, Infiniti/Nissan tend to overrating their power figures. IS is more refinded than the G37 inside and out. unless you absolutely have to have a coupe i'd go wiht a F-Sport packaged IS350 over anything in its class right now.
Old 02-15-12, 01:08 AM
isdouble
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would've actually chosen G37s Coupe over my IS350 F Sport IF Infiniti kept their design the same. The minor changes they made from 2011 kept me away from it. Sports bumper from 2010 and older became the regular bumper and introduced a new sports bumper which looked.. awkward. Same for the new rims. Love the old 19 inch sports rim not so much on the new sports rim. I was debating if I should just buy the G37 without the sports package but I would lose too much including the brakes so I decided to go with the IS350 F Sport. Never thought much of the IS350 until they brought out the F Sport line which caught my attention. Now I'm loving it!

Last edited by isdouble; 02-15-12 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-15-12, 05:33 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

let me add to my last post.

i was mistaken i could of sworn the gs are faster than the IS. we have a g, and its fast....

i would probably take the IS (2013) version over the current g, but lets see what infiniti has in store...new g 2013 should be out this year along with new altima...
Old 02-15-12, 05:48 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by T4Fun
let me add to my last post.

i was mistaken i could of sworn the gs are faster than the IS. we have a g, and its fast....

i would probably take the IS (2013) version over the current g, but lets see what infiniti has in store...new g 2013 should be out this year along with new altima...
The G is faster than the 350. Only if it is on a roll.

The IS350 will beat a G37 all day from 0 though.
Old 02-15-12, 07:30 PM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by smokyis350
The G is faster than the 350. Only if it is on a roll.

The IS350 will beat a G37 all day from 0 though.

Lexus still sucks though
Old 02-15-12, 07:35 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by heartmyis
lexus still sucks though
+10000000000000000
Old 02-16-12, 08:36 PM
wslwang
Driver School Candidate

I did have G37 in mind when I bought my car last year. I was making decision between 350c or G37 vert. These were my concerns:

1. G37 have *** kicking 0-60 but I don't do that all the time. People may say G is faster which is truth. But it really doesn't matter which one is faster on highway. It;s not the question about which car runs faster , it's the question how much gut you have and how much risk you willing to take. Eventually Honda Civic can kick my 350c's *** but I don't care. If I really want speed, I would get Camero.

2. My driving style is more like cursing. I don't do sharp turns. I believe G will handle better sharp turns since the suspension is stiff. Lexus 350c handling is good enough for me.

3. I would say too many people have G already even some high school kids with rich parents. I feel Lexus is more suitable for my age.

I wish you go with your feeling and pick up the car you really want for years. G is not a bad car in my opinion. But understanding your driving style will help you make right decision. You don't want to drive a car and regret years later saying "I should have bought XXXXXX"

I love my 350c from day one and I still love it

WW
Old 02-16-12, 08:54 PM
Lexus@17
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wslwang
I did have G37 in mind when I bought my car last year. I was making decision between 350c or G37 vert. These were my concerns:

1. G37 have *** kicking 0-60 but I don't do that all the time. People may say G is faster which is truth. But it really doesn't matter which one is faster on highway. It;s not the question about which car runs faster , it's the question how much gut you have and how much risk you willing to take. Eventually Honda Civic can kick my 350c's *** but I don't care. If I really want speed, I would get Camero.

2. My driving style is more like cursing. I don't do sharp turns. I believe G will handle better sharp turns since the suspension is stiff. Lexus 350c handling is good enough for me.

3. I would say too many people have G already even some high school kids with rich parents. I feel Lexus is more suitable for my age.

I wish you go with your feeling and pick up the car you really want for years. G is not a bad car in my opinion. But understanding your driving style will help you make right decision. You don't want to drive a car and regret years later saying "I should have bought XXXXXX"

I love my 350c from day one and I still love it

WW
thanks man that definitely was helpful as long with everyone feedbacks. but i think im just going to keep my lexus just for show and just get a ek si and play with that car as a toy car lol.

Quick Reply: #Help! IS350 or G37