IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone order from Sewell?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-12, 11:45 AM
Fjaw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

yup. I'm still going to order from them but I didn't realize my two different orders came in the same box until just now. Just emailed them again and I hope they're respond this time.
Old 02-10-12, 11:49 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I live in florida got my shift **** in about 3 days....good price too
Old 02-10-12, 11:55 AM
audiUp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ordered from them in the past and all was fine.
Old 02-10-12, 12:53 PM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ssis300
One more thing..... Sewell hangs their hat on their customer service. Exhibit A: Carl Sewell's book "Customers for Life" talks about making impressions and retaining customers. I got a free copy with the purchase of my car from them. If something is wrong, definitely speak up and they will take care of you.
I would never buy anything from Sewell.

My first time. Order the floor mats. They took the money. 2 days later I get an email saying they are out of that color. And they will ship when they come in.

Everybody makes a mistake. I will give them a break.

Second time They take the money. No response, no parts. After a month or so. I ask for my money back. I get an email saying they no longer stock the parts. Get my money back.

Well, that’s enough.

I order something off eBay. Come to find out it Sewell. Great. Maybe they wont hose this order up.

Wrong.

After numerous emails. With no responses. Phones and messages left. No return calls. A old school letter written to the manager. No response. I get ready to call Paypal to cancel. Gave Lexus customer service a call.

Got my parts in 3 days.
Old 02-10-12, 01:18 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobo_dog
I ordered some parts last week and I saw they took the money from the bank, but I haven't received a tracking number and they haven't replied to my email... Do they have a direct line number? Anyone that's ordered from them, do they usually take awhile to ship?
Hey 'lobo_dog' - Sewell here. Regarding your questions, you'll always see an immediate debit to your account when you use PayPal. By PayPal's very nature they'll immediately remove the funds from your account to forward to us.

As for the delay and lack of tracking number, this is due to one (just one) of the parts in your order will be coming from Japan. Within your account, you should be able to see the detail to each of the parts filled and ready for shipping.

Take a look and then should you have any questions, please contact me direclty.

Darrel
Old 02-10-12, 01:19 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by MC5Wes
I would never buy anything from Sewell.
What's your name MC5Wes?

Darrel
Old 02-10-12, 01:20 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by iceey
yup. I'm still going to order from them but I didn't realize my two different orders came in the same box until just now. Just emailed them again and I hope they're respond this time.
iceey - just responded to your emails and by our records you had two different tracking numbers assigned to each of your orders. I can only wonder if this is why an immediate response was not sent for the credit of shipping. I'm sorry if there was some confusion.

Darrel
Old 02-10-12, 01:47 PM
Fjaw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Darrel. It's not a big deal since it was my fault originally anyways. Thanks for the respond.

Originally Posted by Sewell
iceey - just responded to your emails and by our records you had two different tracking numbers assigned to each of your orders. I can only wonder if this is why an immediate response was not sent for the credit of shipping. I'm sorry if there was some confusion.

Darrel
Old 02-10-12, 04:30 PM
Aprazur
Rookie

I've tried several times today to reach someone at Sewell about problems I'm having ordering some strut mounts and no one as bothered to return my emails.

Yet....Darrel from Sewell has the time to get on his computer an communicate with several of you here today. I just called Sewell and spoke with Steve in the parts dept. According to Steve, Darrel is the only one authorized by management to offer our CL discount. He said Darrel has left for the day as it is now after 6pm in Texas. He said that he will contact Darrel via his cell phone and at the very least Steve (if not Darrel) will call me at home tonight. We will see....

I will report back to y'all,

Jerry
Old 02-10-12, 05:25 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

Old 02-10-12, 05:33 PM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

Sewell is good, I would say just give it couple more days. Sometimes they are slower to respond email, if that's the case give them a call
Old 02-10-12, 06:17 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had good experience with Sewell
Old 02-21-12, 05:58 PM
kramerlex
Driver School Candidate

do they ship to toronto, Canada? and if they do, is it still worth ordering from them after having to pay for shipping?
i got my 60k miles maintence coming up this year on my 2007 lexus is250 so just wondering if it's better for me to buy the parts thru sewell and take them to the dealer to install.
Old 02-21-12, 07:19 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

I love Sewell. They sell to us for about 40% less than what the local Lexus dealer charges. I have placed four or five orders, and all but one came quickly. The one that didn't really take that long anyway...... I just wish they had performance parts like L-Tuned does....
Old 02-21-12, 08:29 PM
MGLane
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CCJ22
For every single piece... Yeap. It sucked
I feel your pain. I've only had to do one door's worth so far. My fingers are crossed.

Quick Reply: Anyone order from Sewell?