Mark Levinson System...WOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-11, 09:04 AM
Highburny
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mark Levinson System...WOW!!

Hi all,

Ive had my car for three weeks now and loving it. I came from An Alfa Romeo and i have to say the Lexus is miles better. I was just wondering if the Mark Levinson was an option in the US? Being in the UK, it is availible for an extra cost.

As you do when you get a new car, you want to find out all the little extras and how they work. I have to say, being a Sound Engineer, i was hunting for a car with the ML system in it. It hasn't disappointed, the system is amazing, the speaker range, tone and volume are second to none. So glad i hung out for the right car!

My 2 year old daughter loves Toy Story 3 on 5.1 surround sound in the car also! Im off for another play around in it!

Last edited by Highburny; 04-19-11 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-19-11, 09:53 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the Mark Levinson is an option for the US as well. It's an additional cost.

I have the base model of IS without the ML Package, and the sound system is awesome for stock. It's the best stock stereo system that I have heard so far. The base hits pretty hard and the sound is so much clearer. My wife's Acura stock stereo sucks. It even sounds better than my bro's Kenwood aftermarket system on his Subaru.
Old 04-19-11, 10:02 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ML for 250/350 is not standard, therefore it will have to be special build car for it to have it for US. The exception is, if you get an IS-F, then it will come with it.
Old 04-19-11, 10:09 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Not all IS F's have Mark Levinson, in fact I was just sitting in a 2011 yesterday with nav and no Mark Levinson. Previous years may have been different, but for 2011 you can get without nav, with nav, and with nav and Mark Levinson.

Jeff
Old 04-19-11, 10:17 AM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

I'm jealous of all the people with the ML system I should have done more research when I bought my car rofl. I would have included it in a heartbeat.
Old 04-19-11, 10:46 AM
Madsci625
Driver

In case you didn't see it in the FaQ, you can disable the nanny system on the DVD player so you can have movies playing while you drive. It's simple and takes less than an hour to complete.
Old 04-19-11, 10:52 AM
Highburny
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Madsci625
In case you didn't see it in the FaQ, you can disable the nanny system on the DVD player so you can have movies playing while you drive. It's simple and takes less than an hour to complete.
Ah excellent, i was wondering if that could be turned off! I was also going to try and find out if you can add screens to the back of the front head restraints for the children,,,,,I'll do anything to keep them quiet!! lol
Old 04-19-11, 11:08 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Not all IS F's have Mark Levinson, in fact I was just sitting in a 2011 yesterday with nav and no Mark Levinson. Previous years may have been different, but for 2011 you can get without nav, with nav, and with nav and Mark Levinson.

Jeff
Sorry Jeff, I was referring to the US, not Canada.

Now that you mentioned it, I'm not so sure on US, but as far but most likely I am certain ML comes standard for the IS-F for US. Kurtz?!?!?

Last edited by Sango; 04-19-11 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-19-11, 11:09 AM
Madsci625
Driver

Originally Posted by Highburny
Ah excellent, i was wondering if that could be turned off! I was also going to try and find out if you can add screens to the back of the front head restraints for the children,,,,,I'll do anything to keep them quiet!! lol
Here is the link to the DIY https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...en-moving.html

It's not difficult if you've ever done any car stereo work. Most dangerous part is the potential of scratching your interior so lay down plenty of towels to protect it! It also helps if you have a friend to hold the Nav unit while you work but it isn't needed by any means.
Old 04-19-11, 11:49 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango

Now that you mentioned it, I'm not so sure on US, but as far but most likely I am certain ML comes standard for the IS-F for US. Kurtz?!?!?
I checked the USA information before I posted, it is not standard.

http://www.lexus.com/models/ISF/features/pricing.html

Jeff
Old 04-19-11, 11:54 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango

Nope... ML has never been standard on any IS in the US...always optional... all base models, including the F come with the same base 13-speaker system in the ISx50.

Interestingly on the 2011 F at least it doesn't look like you can get it WITHOUT nav...

http://www.lexus.com/models/ISF/features/pricing.html

Ditto for the ISx50.

On prior years you could order ML without nav (which is what I have)
Old 04-19-11, 06:02 PM
RasAlgethi
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, I'm in the market for an IS350 what's the easiest way to visually tell if a car has the ML system?
Old 04-19-11, 06:19 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RasAlgethi
Hey guys, I'm in the market for an IS350 what's the easiest way to visually tell if a car has the ML system?
It'll say 'Mark Levinson' on the head unit near where the CDs go.
Old 04-19-11, 06:20 PM
aggs4life
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RasAlgethi
just look at the bottom of the audio console. It should say Mark Levinson there if it has it.

I would like to have the ML as well, but the stock audio system is really quite a gem itself. Easily the best audio system I have ever had in a car!
Old 04-19-11, 06:21 PM
RasAlgethi
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Mark Levinson System...WOW!!