IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

NAVI issues! touch screen not working!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-18, 06:30 AM
go blue 99
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this issue on my 2007 IS250. The screen wouldn’t respond to any touches. I took it to a local mechanic who fixed it for $195. His name is Darryl, so I’m guessing it’s the same guy who is mentioned in this thread (small world!).
Old 03-31-18, 08:53 AM
ISport350
Driver School Candidate

Can anyone send me updated contact info for our friend charging $195 for the fix? I am having the same unresponsive screen issue. I bought the car in Atlanta 2 years ago and it was registered there as well so there may be something to the excessive heat. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-23-18, 06:27 PM
LISAF3R
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Angry

Originally Posted by Lexusnme
Is there anything done during routine maintenance at the dealership that could cause the nav system to fail, are they operating it to reset the maintenance schedule, etc.
it was working fine before I brought my car in, then when I returned to pick up my car the screen was frozen. The dealership is trying to claim it was broken before they ever touched the car, but this is not true.
Any suggestions what might have happened...
This EXACT thing happened to me Saturday 7/21/18 and I'm pissed! I had a oil change done and a transmission drain and refill. I get into my car and the screen comes on, but it wont register my touch at all! I called when I realized it and left a voicemail Saturday so that it was on record that I called. My service guy asked the mechanic today and he said that there is nothing they could have done to have caused it. I call bull****. They were checking my CEL codes too. it was throwing a p2757 code. Step 1 to eliminate it was new transmission fluid. I'm pretty sure they enter when a oil change was done in my maintenance screen. I KNOW they messed it up.

What was the outcome of yours? Sorry to bump this post 4 yeas later, But it came up in my research
Old 07-24-18, 03:52 PM
todd4566
Pit Crew

^^^ I don't have the answer to your question, but I just changed my screen out and it wasn't hard at all (bought the whole new screen on ebay under $300). Your digitizer must have gone out... I don't know that you could press on the screen hard enough to ever cause that, but age and heat certainly can. I came out from dinner on a hot evening a few weeks ago and boom!... no touch being registered. Hopefully you get the dealer to resolve it but they seem to only offer replacing the entire head unit (which is a few thousand dollars from what I hear) so expected extreme resistance. Good luck.
Old 07-27-18, 03:09 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

To answer your question.
The touchscreen failling has nothing to do with your dealer. It's well known issue and could fail anytime without any warning. I have been working on those unit long enough to address every single problem with them. Basically, it's a big FAULT design from TOSHIBA. The cost to fix it is around $150 on most area or you could DIY for way cheap. Just watch out for cheap china part. Buying the whole used screen is like crossing your finger cause you wont have any idea when it gonna be out again. Good shop or services will warranty you at least 1 or 2 year
Old 08-22-18, 12:04 PM
jnnyvegas9
Driver School Candidate

hello im a returned newbie.. anyone know guy that can fix black screen in las vegas? from reading thread pretty sure I need need circuit board or whole screen component. my screen black a/c stuck on its last setting luckily like 2.. would really love to get this fixed tried to contact dave in cali but havent connected and if someone can do in vegas all the better.. thx guys for any suggestions or referrals.
Old 08-27-18, 04:12 AM
LISAF3R
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jnnyvegas9
hello im a returned newbie.. anyone know guy that can fix black screen in las vegas? from reading thread pretty sure I need need circuit board or whole screen component. my screen black a/c stuck on its last setting luckily like 2.. would really love to get this fixed tried to contact dave in cali but havent connected and if someone can do in vegas all the better.. thx guys for any suggestions or referrals.
I was just texting with Dave the other day. I'm pretty sure you can ship your unit to him if you dont want to make the drive to Anaheim. He lives 5 minutes from Disneyland. I can PM you his cell number if you'd like. Other than that, you can see his great reviews on Yelp. My speedometer needle went out too. He's gonna fix that for me too. https://m.yelp.com/biz/navigation-services-garden-grove
Old 08-29-18, 11:18 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my screen is out as well and i have a new digitizer but since i mostly only watch videos on the screen, i'm going to hold off on fixing it. maybe i just give it to the next owner and they can do whatever. i don't use the nav and the a/c hard button are just fine so i guess....
Old 08-30-18, 10:43 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebeast
Just watch out for cheap china part.
How do you know what's a "cheap china part" and what isn't? Price isn't a good measure - you can unknowingly pay a lot for cr_p!
Old 02-09-20, 05:35 PM
pcwenzel
8th Gear

Hi,

I have a similar problem on the touch screen in my 2008 GX470. The navigation stopped working, however the rear camera works, and I can use the climate controls. Touch screen works for changing climate. Sometimes there's a delay when I press the screen.

However, the touch screen seems to reboot itself periodically (Lexus shows up on the screen), and the bluetooth drops frequently (maybe because of the rebooting).

Anyone have a similar issue? Any suggestions on how to diagnose or fix the problem?

Thanks!
Old 07-18-20, 09:59 AM
JohnBrown7
Driver School Candidate

Default 2009 lexus is250 display/ac not working

Hi Guys. ( 2009 Lexus IS250)
I need your expertise and knowledge about my display.
I wipe my display with dashboard cleaner and after one day my display acted weird. display Showing and after that stop displaying. after 10 days display start work for a minute and stop again.
not noting showing again.
I have change all fuses and remove battery cable for a day and install again. noting changed.
I need your help.
Thanks
Old 11-02-21, 02:32 PM
janyevans
Driver School Candidate

Default Touch Screen Issue

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
This is a common issue with these cars. Lexus really needs to put out a bulletin and have RECALL done. It sucks that someone has to spend 3k for something they did not damage; more like a factory defect. The more people that complain to corporate, the more they will recognize this issue.

I had the same issue. and it sucks at the moment, but i took mines apart and fixed it myself. I had posted another thread on the IS-F section about this common issue.

If you are in FL and need some help i can assist.
Hi,
We just bought a 2007 Lexus IS 250 for one of my sons and the touch screen is not working. We are n Florida. I am waiting to hear back from the dealer but I am afraid it is going to be a very expensive fix from all of the comments I am reading. Can you help?
Old 11-05-21, 06:03 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

If it just the touchscreen, you can DIY for like $100.
Dealer will try to replace, $4K most likely and more than car is worth.

If the screen is black, you need a new unit since the board is dead.

Here is a DIY video I did for digitizer for touch.