Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-10, 07:50 PM
MotoX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you change temperature between Fahrenheit and Celsius ?
Old 02-05-10, 08:12 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MotoX
How do you change temperature between Fahrenheit and Celsius ?
Chris, your system should be operating in Fahrenheit (updated software should have come with your system). In the future, there will be an option to switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius (if Celsius is your preference).

If for any reason you don't have the updated BIOS, give me a call.

Have a good weekend!
Old 02-05-10, 09:40 AM
bobmic
Driver School Candidate

Default Flyaudio / Automx Experience

A quick review on a newly installed unit.
First I will say that I am in Canada (around Toronto) and was hesitant to buy the unit without physically playing with it first. In addition looking for all the information I could gather regarding FlyAudio I was a bit skeptical as besides their websites and some notes on other forums (including some bad ones in VW Touareg) there was nothing much. But since I had no other options for my car I went ahead and ordered it from Mat in Automax after, considering all alternatives he offered the best price and service. I can definitely say that this was the best decision I made Mat is extremely responsive and I got the unit in 2 days (taxes and brokerage where $65CAD).

As for the FlyAudio unit – it has great potential but still needs some improvements
I installed it with the back up camera (did not drill the trunk – went through the trunk switch) and placed the microphone in the dome as done in the OEM system.
Installation was not a big deal – took a couple of hours at night after work.
The issues I currently see are as follows:
1. Radio frequencies are off – FM about 0.2Mhz (instead of 98.1 it will show 97.9) and AM about 24Khz (instead of 680 it will show 660).
2. No Clock !! Only after not having a clock I realize how important it is. The clock on the monitor is available only in the main menu mode and not in Radio, CD etc.
One solution might be to integrate it in all screens and have it flash over the GPS and all other modes from time to time as the radio station flashes or the CD track.
A more desirable solution will be if we could move the part with the clock from the original unit to this one.
3. BT and phone integration – unfortunately this part is lacking and I really hope they will fix it. The only thing that can be done with the current system is to answer calls or dial from the key pad the full number.
Speed dial is not possible and the phone can not be triggered into voice recognition as done in a simple headset.
I really hope FlyAudio will integrate the phone book in the next update.
4. The passenger seatbelt worming light is EXTREMELY dim and not visible in daylight.
5. Temperature control can not be changed – My unit is set on Celsius (Which for me is good) and I do have the 800x480 resolution which is a bit odd but currently there is no option to change from oF to oC. I hope this option will be added.

6. One more improvement that I would like to see is the ability to hide unused icons from the main screen when an option is disabled – I don’t need to see the R.ENT, TV or AUX if it was not activated in the setup.
7. The camera control does not have an Auto Gain for night view which makes it difficult to use at night. My wife drives an MDX and when backing up at night you can really see where you’re going (no IR LED or anything like it – just increase the gain and reduce the quality of the video).
8. GPS – I haven’t played with the GPS software that came with the unit yet as the original maps were US only but I already installed iGO and I don’t see any problem with it.
9. Haven’t played with the MP3 mode and Ipod yet, I know that Flyaudio are working on the Ipod integration so there is no point going over it.

As for the good things – I will not go over everything but beside integrating everything together the fit and look is great and I will not be surprised if the OEM trim and this one are made in the same factory. The system is responsive, all the original controls work and it feels like an OEM system.

The bottom line is that even though there are still a few bugs that should not be present in a unit at this price point - as it is basically about double the price of a 2Din option there is no other alternative that will look and do the things that this one does. Considering that the firmware can be easily updated, most of the items can be updated via s/w and I hope FlyAudio will do that.
* I am not related nor working for FlyAudio nor Automax but they deliver a really nice package.
Old 02-05-10, 10:32 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^have you had a chance to update your software. This past week Mat was able to help me change the old harness and updated the software. Everything now works as they're suppose to. From radio fequencies to Climax, everything is working perfectly. Lets just say im the first one to get the problem resolved, and thanks to Mat and Fly aduio for working fast and resolving these problems.
Old 02-05-10, 11:10 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Thanks Bobby, that definitely gives a well balanced view of the system. Obviously this system as some small things that need to be addressed. For me, the most important thing about this system is that the quality of the parts is very high. The software can be updated to accommodate the fixes and new technology that arise. There is NO other system on the market that allows for this. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-05-10, 03:32 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

would i be able to integrate steering wheel control for the bt phone if i did not have it from factory?
Old 02-05-10, 03:41 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Phil888
^^have you had a chance to update your software. This past week Mat was able to help me change the old harness and updated the software. Everything now works as they're suppose to. From radio fequencies to Climax, everything is working perfectly. Lets just say im the first one to get the problem resolved, and thanks to Mat and Fly aduio for working fast and resolving these problems.
Old harness? Was this for the airbag light? Did it work
Old 02-05-10, 05:15 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by panda327
would i be able to integrate steering wheel control for the bt phone if i did not have it from factory?
It MIGHT be possible. The FlyAudio package does not come with steering wheel controls, so you would have to get those from the dealership. You would have to wire the whole thing up as well. It might be possible, but I don't know for sure.

Originally Posted by djsai
Old harness? Was this for the airbag light? Did it work
Phillip got the BIOS/GPS update and the updated airbag light harness all at once. Nick, Victor, and I tested the new harness on his car and it worked! My clients have all been contacted and will have the updated harnesses early next week.
Old 02-06-10, 06:45 PM
channy1013
Driver School Candidate

So what is the link for the site for the firmware updates when needed?
Old 02-07-10, 04:15 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by channy1013
So what is the link for the site for the firmware updates when needed?
http://flyaudio.us/forum/16-download...-e8039-a-e8041

That link is for the BIOS update. On that same page is the GPS update as well.
Old 02-08-10, 11:14 AM
djzx
Rookie

Thanks Mat and Nick for taking the time over the weekend to install my system! We discovered some interesting stuff with the USB interface and I was able to play avi files when I got home So far the system has been great. Having a tough time getting iGo8 to work perfectly but that’s me. So far I think I have racked up around 10-15 hours testing and poking around with the system and configuration. There are few things that I would really want Fly Audio to change on the next update.
1. The ability to use the car’s Aux input. Tried it last night, doesn’t work anymore.
2. Do not flash radio station when I have GPS up. Ok for new track.
3. Display Text. Display song titles and Radio text. The old led display can display those messages when Text is pressed.
4. The console brightness control **** doesn’t work on the Fly Audio.
5. Able to transfer the GPS files to another faster and bigger SD card.
6. More settings on the GPS…I don’t like that pink arrow!
7. When I was playing with iGo8 maps, I ran out of memory when it tries to show all the details.

I might find more little issues here and there but so far the system is very nice.

Once again, Thanks Mat and Nick! It was very nice meeting you guys.
Old 02-08-10, 11:24 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Thanks DeJie, glad to hear you and Connie made it back to SF safely. Sounds like you are really finding your way around the FlyAudio system. I have passed all of your comments along to the FlyAudio guys. Let me know if you have any questions!

Originally Posted by djzx
Thanks Mat and Nick for taking the time over the weekend to install my system! We discovered some interesting stuff with the USB interface and I was able to play avi files when I got home So far the system has been great. Having a tough time getting iGo8 to work perfectly but that’s me. So far I think I have racked up around 10-15 hours testing and poking around with the system and configuration. There are few things that I would really want Fly Audio to change on the next update.
1. The ability to use the car’s Aux input. Tried it last night, doesn’t work anymore.
2. Do not flash radio station when I have GPS up. Ok for new track.
3. Display Text. Display song titles and Radio text. The old led display can display those messages when Text is pressed.
4. The console brightness control **** doesn’t work on the Fly Audio.
5. Able to transfer the GPS files to another faster and bigger SD card.
6. More settings on the GPS…I don’t like that pink arrow!
7. When I was playing with iGo8 maps, I ran out of memory when it tries to show all the details.

I might find more little issues here and there but so far the system is very nice.

Once again, Thanks Mat and Nick! It was very nice meeting you guys.
Old 02-08-10, 04:39 PM
noliesss
Driver

Have you guys figure out how to skip folder when playing an MP3 CD in the changer? The old display had the number 5 & 6 as skipping through the folders. Could not locate that in the new system.
Old 02-08-10, 06:06 PM
jpsilvia
Rookie

Got my unit last week from Mat, and just got my updated harness in today cant wait to install the unit.
Big thanks to Mat!
Great customer support
I have been buyin aftermarket auto parts for years from SEVERAL diffent vendors and have NEVER recieved customer service like this.
If you guys buy this unit get it from Automax. the customer support is phenominal!!
Old 02-08-10, 06:17 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jpsilvia
Got my unit last week from Mat, and just got my updated harness in today cant wait to install the unit.
Big thanks to Mat!
Great customer support
I have been buyin aftermarket auto parts for years from SEVERAL diffent vendors and have NEVER recieved customer service like this.
If you guys buy this unit get it from Automax. the customer support is phenominal!!
Thanks for the nice comments. Glad to hear everything is squared away, I look forward to hearing how you like the system!

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350