Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-10, 04:33 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texasborn
I'm confused. I'm hearing the airbag light issue is not fixed (from this site), but then I heard Victor saying it's fixed on the ES?
The fix we received last week was supposed to fix the ES and IS models. They tested the fix on the ES and it fixes the problem but does NOT fix the problem on the IS. Victor is coming down tomorrow to work with us to get the fix for the IS. We are close!!!
Old 02-02-10, 04:34 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

I'm confused. I'm hearing the airbag light issue is not fixed (from this site), but then I heard Victor saying it's fixed on the ES?
Well from the email, Its fixed for the ES not yet of the IS
Old 02-02-10, 06:29 PM
texasborn
Rookie

Originally Posted by Automax Service
The fix we received last week was supposed to fix the ES and IS models. They tested the fix on the ES and it fixes the problem but does NOT fix the problem on the IS. Victor is coming down tomorrow to work with us to get the fix for the IS. We are close!!!
Ok. Thanks. Since I have an ES, I'll install it when I see the part and cross my fingers.
Old 02-03-10, 10:33 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Ok. Thanks. Since I have an ES, I'll install it when I see the part and cross my fingers.
Sounds good. Victor is here now and they have tested the solution on their company ES and the problem is solved. Let me know how it goes for you!
Old 02-03-10, 12:18 PM
markolomew
Rookie

God speed my friends!
Old 02-03-10, 02:34 PM
MotoX
Pole Position

For those who have this unit installed already. Where do you installed the GPS antenna? Thanks!
Old 02-03-10, 07:53 PM
AntonPanch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by markolomew
this shows a taste of what's coming in the update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qVWffE3c0
when this update is going to be availabe?
Old 02-03-10, 08:42 PM
texasborn
Rookie

Originally Posted by MotoX
For those who have this unit installed already. Where do you installed the GPS antenna? Thanks!
I used some super tough double sided adhesive and put it on the rear deck behind the driver side back seat just under the glass. No problem getting a signal.
Old 02-03-10, 09:00 PM
mISteRED
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default air bag light FIXED!!!

Hey I just wanted to let everyone know that the fix works for the IS models now. I have a 2007 IS350 with the FlyAudio system that I bought during the first GB from Automax. I had installed one of the harnesses that were sent out last week and still had the airbag light go on when someone was in the passenger seat. I called Mat at Automax and I sent an email to Victor at FlyAudio to let them know that there was still the airbag light when there was a passenger in the car. Victor made up another cable and had it shipped next day so that I could try it out in the car to see if the new fix worked. I just finished installing it and it works no more air bag light with or without passengers! I also spoke with Mat today and Victor and him installed the latest harness in another IS and it took care of the air bag light in that car also. I want to give a big thanks to Victor and Mat for all of the work they put in to get this issue taken care of they have both been very responsive to the needs of their customers. This is the kind of customer service that will keep them on top. So now that this is taken care of we can move on to other things like the Ipod update.
Old 02-03-10, 09:01 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This morning Mat@Automax and Nick was able to installed the new harness and the SRS light went away. Im glad they were able to fix this problem and helped me upgrade the software, fixing the Climax, radio etc. The HD pic is awesome and THANKS again guys
Old 02-04-10, 07:42 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AntonPanch
when this update is going to be availabe?
That is not an update, that is an entirely different line of products. The Golden Series products will be available at some point in the US, but FlyAudio has not said when that will be.

Originally Posted by mISteRED
Hey I just wanted to let everyone know that the fix works for the IS models now. I have a 2007 IS350 with the FlyAudio system that I bought during the first GB from Automax. I had installed one of the harnesses that were sent out last week and still had the airbag light go on when someone was in the passenger seat. I called Mat at Automax and I sent an email to Victor at FlyAudio to let them know that there was still the airbag light when there was a passenger in the car. Victor made up another cable and had it shipped next day so that I could try it out in the car to see if the new fix worked. I just finished installing it and it works no more air bag light with or without passengers! I also spoke with Mat today and Victor and him installed the latest harness in another IS and it took care of the air bag light in that car also. I want to give a big thanks to Victor and Mat for all of the work they put in to get this issue taken care of they have both been very responsive to the needs of their customers. This is the kind of customer service that will keep them on top. So now that this is taken care of we can move on to other things like the Ipod update.
Glad to hear everything is working great Greg! It will be great to shift focus to the iPod integration and satellite radio.

Originally Posted by Phil888
This morning Mat@Automax and Nick was able to installed the new harness and the SRS light went away. Im glad they were able to fix this problem and helped me upgrade the software, fixing the Climax, radio etc. The HD pic is awesome and THANKS again
guys
Thanks Phillip, it's great to see the system operating at full steam.

Thanks for everyones patience!
Old 02-04-10, 08:02 AM
djzx
Rookie

Hey Mat! just a side request, can you ask FlyAudio to support Real Media Files please, its pretty popular in Asia
Old 02-04-10, 08:11 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by djzx
Hey Mat! just a side request, can you ask FlyAudio to support Real Media Files please, its pretty popular in Asia
Definitely! I will pass it along to Victor!
Old 02-04-10, 08:12 AM
MotoX
Pole Position

Hey Mat,

I already have the xm radio installed in my car. Do I need to remove the xm receiver in order to use the iPod feature?
Old 02-04-10, 08:48 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MotoX
Hey Mat,

I already have the xm radio installed in my car. Do I need to remove the xm receiver in order to use the iPod feature?
I am not sure. How does the XM receiver connect to your car? I haven't had any clients who have already had XM installed, so I am not quite sure how it's going to work out.

What I would do is get the system installed and then see how you could incorporate the XM. I am not sure if you will be able to, but give me a call and we can walk thru some steps to see if we can get it to work!

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350