IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Discontinued Lexus Remote Start (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-07, 02:47 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no i wasnt aware that they are a toyota dealership. i am new here and new to the Lexus brand.

i am willing to give this a try. i just was waiting on a response from Luis to see what kind of price info i could get. so you have the instructions on how and or where to plug this in??? i am taking a big risk here but i guess someone has to. i will PM Luis again and see what he can do for me. maybe i can get them to split it with me and if it doesn work we both take a loss. they can write off the loss a lot easier then i can. it sure never hurts to ask. once i have it in my hands i am sure i can find someone willing to get it to work. i know they Lexus dealer here is getting alot of upset clients becuase they cant offer it yet.

thanks for the reply! let me know what info you have that you could send me that may help me installing myself. i will have to pay the 100 to get the keys reprogrammed unless i can talk them out of it...
Old 02-27-07, 02:52 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

another option is if they take a deposit i can try to have the lexus dealer here install it and it they cant get it to work i can send it back to them and they can use it for another car. i wonder if they will honor that for me. i figure if i can get this to work they will earn a lot of business out of it and some happy clients. you know this will end up as a factory option a year or two down the road.
Old 02-27-07, 06:19 PM
akkord
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm...I may have to take this offer...going to PM for more info...I'm in So CA and wouldn't mind losing my car for a few days...

Sent Luis a PM...
Old 02-28-07, 07:27 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

please keep me posted as to what you find out. i did send you a PM also so please reply when you find out more info. i want to see if we can buy 2 kits between both of us and try this and we can get them less expensive.
Old 02-28-07, 07:42 AM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Im looking for some info on a local shop that did the JDM HID fog light install for us on an IS. I will be sending a pm to all parties that have expressed an interest in trying this a little later today, so look for a pm if you said you were interested in this, and also if you already sent me a pm as well.
Old 02-28-07, 08:06 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

thanks Luis!
Old 03-02-07, 01:58 PM
akkord
Driver

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
Im looking for some info on a local shop that did the JDM HID fog light install for us on an IS. I will be sending a pm to all parties that have expressed an interest in trying this a little later today, so look for a pm if you said you were interested in this, and also if you already sent me a pm as well.
I never go a PM...
Old 03-06-07, 12:57 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

where do we stand with this???? i havent heard anything or seen any recent posts on what we are doing. please udate me!
Old 04-12-07, 07:18 PM
coconutie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those interested Here is what I installed in my IS350; works just fine..

http://bypasskits.fortinautoradio.co...-override-sl2/

Used a computar remote starter/alarm (FM 2-way system) with the key-override system from fortin. Took two day's to install by the guy who actually built the key-overide system.. but I later discovered that they were debugging their system at my expense. I also discovered that their distributors would have performed the intall for 1/4th of what it cost me...
But it does work, and you can install any remote starter you are interested in without the loss of a key...
Old 04-12-07, 07:55 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Okay so what happened to this deal from Carson???? I want the key and the remote start!!!! Also anyone know what that LCD shows when the key is powered up?
Old 04-14-07, 02:04 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

i would like to know where this went to also. it was going then i never heard anything more. i am not local to them so i cant help from that part. the question is will the factory starter work on our cars.

Ben R if you cotact Luis at Carsons i think they are willing to split the cost if you go have it installed. send him a PM and see if they are still willing to do this and please keep me posted, send me a PM on what you find out. i will participate also on figuring this out.

thanks!
Old 04-15-07, 03:24 AM
tjZ06
Driver

So do we have a solution that doesn't involve losing a key and/or using a second (aftermarket) ket-fob for the remote start?

Worst-case how are the kits working out that use an aftermarket key-fob?

-TJ
Old 05-31-07, 03:33 AM
josephlee
Driver

Default Has anyone seen this in North America?

Im just curious if anyone has seen this Lexus Remote Starter in North America.

Last edited by josephlee; 05-31-07 at 03:38 AM.
Old 05-31-07, 04:39 AM
dana_daen
Driver

daam! Any links for info on that?
Old 05-31-07, 05:02 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Sewell Lexus (www.lexus-parts.com) used to have it on their site, noted as 'coming soon'. It doesn't appear to be there any more. Perhaps they could let you know why it was removed, and about availability.

Quick Reply: Discontinued Lexus Remote Start (merged threads)