IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Discontinued Lexus Remote Start (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-07, 06:13 PM
SkydotCom
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for the off topic question.

if a theif takes your car and you turn it off with the remote. will it still turn off while in motion or not in motion?
Old 02-23-07, 06:36 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I have turned off the engine while the car is in gear but never when it is in motion. I think it should be a safety feature that you you wouldnt be able to turn it off while in motion.
Old 02-24-07, 07:27 AM
D-man
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
We still have one complete unit in stock, but have not been able to find a test car. If anyone is local to Carson, CA and wants to try it out send me a PM. We can work something out on price and installation.

Hell, I am about 10 miles from you. And this would be do-able......

The only problem is that I am ready to deal NOW and NO So Cal Dealership has the car I am looking for!!! All I can do is get on a wait list behind an average of about (3) people!!!

"D-man"
Old 02-24-07, 10:05 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SkydotCom
sorry for the off topic question.

if a theif takes your car and you turn it off with the remote. will it still turn off while in motion or not in motion?
I don't think that would happen since the remote won't know who is the theif! Say if you press the buttom accidentally
Old 02-24-07, 10:11 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ldc
I have turned off the engine while the car is in gear but never when it is in motion. I think it should be a safety feature that you you wouldnt be able to turn it off while in motion.
The car will NOT turn off if you push the ignition button while it is in motion.

Javier
Old 02-24-07, 05:28 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

I am intersted too, live in Irvine....as long as I get a loaner car I'm fine with it...
Old 02-24-07, 05:50 PM
dkcivic82
Driver

Okay after going to talk to Luis over at Carson Lexus, he said whoever would do it would have to pay for the remote start AT COST, which is kinda steep (over 500 dollars), I can not say the price online. The only thing is this, if it does not work correctly or doesn't work at all, you basically are stuck with a not working remote start and out of all the money you spend.
Old 02-24-07, 06:22 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
We still have one complete unit in stock, but have not been able to find a test car. If anyone is local to Carson, CA and wants to try it out send me a PM. We can work something out on price and installation.
OK, maybe I'm just stupid, but I'm not understanding how you need an owner to test this. You have ISx50 on the lot, is there some risk to this damaging the car, or is it simply your managment doesn't want to take the risk of missing a sale because a car is being used briefly for testing?

I'd be happy to come do this, but it would have to be worth driving from Sacramento. Also, what other features does this remote offer? Is the only addition remote start, or are there other features enabled with it?
Old 02-25-07, 06:09 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i spoke to Luis also. what they are willing to do is basically install it for free. all they are charging for is waht they paid for the kit. so if it works!!! and i am sure they will figure it out you just saved a good 200+ dollars on the install. there is a chance it may not work and you are out the cost of the parts. trust me they want this to work and i am sure they will put the time and effort to make it work. i am sure they can get you a loaner car while they do this. everyone after this will have to DIY or pay to have installed. i am hoping for some install directions once they figure out as i am way to far to drive there. i told Luis that i would order the part and try it myself. i am waiting on some prices for the kit for our car. they had one for the GS in stock but not our car. lets hope this works!!!
Old 02-27-07, 11:45 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

has anyone worked anything out with Luis @ Carson-Lex???

Luis did you get a chance to check on the price to order the kit? PM me if you have any info please. i would like to see if i can have my local Lex dealer step up and try to do the install so we can figure out if this will work or not.
Old 02-27-07, 12:44 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you guys understand that Carson is NOT a Lexus dealership.

It is a TOYOTA Dealership. They are just a Vendor for ClubLexus.

If someone got the cash to burn, they can scoop the system up and try it.

I still want to try it for myself, I have the electrical manual in my room. I'm sure it will work, one way or another.

passnu2, I think you should call Luis or Steve directly and work out the details.

Javy, I think I remember reading a old thread, if the car is in motion and if you HOLD onto the button. It will shut off the car. Not sure.

Last edited by pocky; 02-27-07 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-27-07, 01:23 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

The manual won't help you. You need the intelligent tester to register the RFID with the certification ECU. This is not a user configurable thing unless you've got the Lexus software on a scantool. Expect to pay about $6k - $8k for this tool, or $100 to Lexus to do the programming.

I'd also like to know if it will do remote window up as well as down. I suspect it might.
Old 02-27-07, 01:27 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Yes, I know you still need the Lexus Scan Tools. At least with the electrical manual, You can cross reference the physical wires and the harness with the Remote Starter.

C'mon Lobux. Drive down here.
Old 02-27-07, 02:06 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Do you have the Japanese wiring diagram?

I really doubt you need any special wiring. You just need the certification ECU to send the start command over the CAN or BEAN bus and it will work just like pushing the start button with the brake depressed. You just need to get the right packet on the network...
Old 02-27-07, 02:13 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Alright, nevermind. Forget it.

Why don't someone just buy the darn thing!

Quick Reply: Discontinued Lexus Remote Start (merged threads)