IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My trunk won't open...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-13, 03:12 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Saltynutz
Does anyone read the manuals that come with the car?
Anybody read the date of the OP??
Old 12-08-13, 03:13 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DryEye
Have you tried holding the trunk button that is inside the car for more than two seconds?

Just pressing the button once won't open the trunk, you have to press and hold the button in for about 2-4 seconds
Aside from the fact that the problem was resolved 5 years ago--only the remote button needs to be held down for over 2 seconds--the trunk release inside the car does not.
Old 01-19-14, 09:24 AM
Z0SICK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol same problem here.... Nothing seems to work. The beep sounds but nothing releases.... Thoughts?
Old 01-21-14, 08:40 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, my old thread is still alive Every winter the valet button issue happens to me two, three times. So after 6 years of ownership, I'm sure it's not me, it's the button.
Old 04-04-14, 11:45 PM
xostyle
Driver School Candidate

Default 06 GS300 Trunk is not working

So today was once of my worse days ever. I just started a job with with a construction company and I am a board member for the Little Saigon Foundation. I guess the CEO had made some type of arrangements for them to use tables and canopys for the Lao New Year Festival. I got a call around 10 from some folks asking where Im at and that the tables and tents were suppose to be delivered at 9am. I knew nothing about this collaberation and spent the whole day running around looking to tents and tables. Finally got a hold of tem and dropped them off at the venue. Soon that I noticed that one of my side skirts were damaged from a pot home. FYL right. I got home to get the printed material out of the trunk and it will not open for the life of me. So not really thinking I had pt all the all the marketing materials in the trunk. I tried everything from using the factory keys, the remote,,, > N I had one of thees guyes I found online and he did a ok job. My trunk now no longer close are he got it open. The trunk will not lock completely. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-05-14, 07:39 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xostyle
So today was once of my worse days ever. I just started a job with with a construction company and I am a board member for the Little Saigon Foundation. I guess the CEO had made some type of arrangements for them to use tables and canopys for the Lao New Year Festival. I got a call around 10 from some folks asking where Im at and that the tables and tents were suppose to be delivered at 9am. I knew nothing about this collaberation and spent the whole day running around looking to tents and tables. Finally got a hold of tem and dropped them off at the venue. Soon that I noticed that one of my side skirts were damaged from a pot home. FYL right. I got home to get the printed material out of the trunk and it will not open for the life of me. So not really thinking I had pt all the all the marketing materials in the trunk. I tried everything from using the factory keys, the remote,,, > N I had one of thees guyes I found online and he did a ok job. My trunk now no longer close are he got it open. The trunk will not lock completely. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Maybe you want to post this in the GS forum?
Old 07-30-14, 09:04 AM
Adri
Driver School Candidate

Default My car's trunk won't open

Originally Posted by 15951
Push the little valet switch in your glove box.
Thank you!!! That was so helpful!!!
Old 11-16-14, 08:50 AM
JRWDI
Driver School Candidate

Had the same problem.
Thank You.
Old 12-24-14, 09:50 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How do I know it's wintertime in Chicagoland?..... my trunk won't open. Every year, never fails At least I know that all I have to do is push that button in the glove box.
Old 05-03-15, 04:01 AM
icrash
Driver

Had the same issue today! But thanks to this thread everything now is OK)
Old 08-20-16, 05:37 AM
chambl
Driver School Candidate

Just got my suspension replaced and had this problem. I thought something was knocked loose, but it turns out the button wasn't depressed. Never knew that button was there until now!
Old 09-14-16, 05:47 PM
HI8R
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! This solve my same problem.
Yesterday I changed the oil and must have hit it when I logged it in the owners manual.
Good thing because tomorrow is a family trip!
Old 03-15-17, 02:26 PM
Aggression
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nine years after the original post... still useful, lol. Fixed my problem on my IS F using a button I never knew existed. Thanks, everyone!
Old 06-07-17, 04:55 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Hello. I took apart my trunk thinking there was lights to be removed for the license plate. There wasn't. In the midst of disconnecting the harnesses and wiring and putting it all back together my trunk stopped working. Makes beep with key but that's it. No trunk motor sound no open upon button pressing on trunk or in the car. I'm tryna figure this out. I tried disconnecting battery and that didn't work. My next steps are checking all my connections again. Then that fuse box trick technique. I tried the button under the glove box but nothing. I will keep attempting until I fix it. My license plate lights don't work either smh. Now I have to figure out how to connect the little wiring back into the license plate light housing. It all got me confused right now. But I'm figure it out. Something I did wrong taking it apart. Because everything was working just fine. I made the wrong decision in taking everything apart in hopes of changing license plate lights to LEDs when in fact there's none. It already comes LED from factory. I just wanted that bright white every where smh. I'll keep trying any suggestions are kindly appreciated. GodBless CL!
Old 11-15-17, 02:06 PM
Ferxan
Driver School Candidate

Default Is220 (2007) can’t open trunk with fob key or switch inside

Is220 (2007) can’t open trunk with fob key or switch inside
my cars trunk is blocked I have tried already everything
disconnecting bettery terminal
with key manual
valet button near passenger side
taking off fuses too
any help ? Or idea ?