IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

need help with options

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-07, 09:02 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default need help with options

hello all, i just got a new 2007 IS 350 loaded with everything, the package i got was the one with everything on the list.
how come my ownsers manuel talks about headlight washers, parking sensor's collision avoidance and radar cruise control but none of these features are offered by the dealer or on the lexus website.
are these canadian models or somthing?
can you order additional features somehow?

can someone give me a short list of things you can add to this car and their approximate cost?
thanks
Old 08-05-07, 09:37 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
hello all, i just got a new 2007 IS 350 loaded with everything, the package i got was the one with everything on the list.
how come my ownsers manuel talks about headlight washers, parking sensor's collision avoidance and radar cruise control but none of these features are offered by the dealer or on the lexus website.

can someone give me a short list of things you can add to this car and their approximate cost?
thanks
http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html
Old 08-05-07, 09:54 AM
jdanon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks
Hate to break it to you, but your IS is not "fully loaded". Lexus only offers certain configurations (interior/exterior colors, options) depending on where you live. Here in the Northeast the IS350 only comes in one configuration (luxury package w/18 inch wheels, navigation, park assist) unless you special order. Looking for one with Mark Levinson audio package? Too bad. These aren't offered in the Eastern Sales Region. It's rather annoying the way Lexus has set that up. The major packages/options are Navigation, Mark Levinson audio, Park Assist, Luxury Package, Sport Package, Premium Package, Dynamic Cruise Control/Pre-Collision System. There are no aftermarket options, so unless you order the car with the options you are interested in they are impossible to add later.
Old 08-05-07, 11:10 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks
From your other posts it appears you have the Luxury Package, along with the Nav/ML option. The Luxury Package has a lot of stuff in it but as others have mentioned this doesn't mean your IS is fully loaded. There are Headlamp Washers, Park Assist, Pre-Collision System, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, satellite radio, Ground Effects, and a few more options.

You can't add any of the electronic options (other than satellite radio) as they are too ingtegrated into the car to allow aftermarket installation.
Old 08-05-07, 09:08 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
From your other posts it appears you have the Luxury Package, along with the Nav/ML option. The Luxury Package has a lot of stuff in it but as others have mentioned this doesn't mean your IS is fully loaded. There are Headlamp Washers, Park Assist, Pre-Collision System, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, satellite radio, Ground Effects, and a few more options.

You can't add any of the electronic options (other than satellite radio) as they are too ingtegrated into the car to allow aftermarket installation.
i think your right, i have the window sticker right here, on the right side listed as follows i am leaving a few obvious features out to save typing:

Luxury package (18" RWD) includes 18" alloy wheels HID AFS heated and vented seats upgrade wood interior trim power telescoping tilt wheel driver pass memory seats illuminated scuff plates power rear sunshade rain sensing wipers $4215.00

navigation system ML premium audio package bla bla with dvd audio and video $3990.00

preferred accessory package trunk mat, cargo net and wheel locks $197.00

XM satellite radio $486.00

Rear Lip Spoiler $355.00

so basically your saying depending on where you live they offer different packages as standard equipment?