IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Problems with programing my Genie garage with homelink??

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-06, 10:16 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with programing my Genie garage with homelink??

My mom has a Toyota Highlander and I programed her homelink okay.

I just got my IS and I cant seem to program it. I have a Genie with the intellicode. I hit that "training button" on the back of my garage door opener and I follow the directions but nothing happends??

I just get a blinking red light on my homelink.

Can someone help?
Old 12-17-06, 10:18 AM
07Txlex
Pole Position

Yea I had tons of trouble also.. The one step they forget to mention is you need to hold both outside buttons down to clear the system first and then you can follow the provided directions and it will work.. If this is not clear go to www.homelink.com and they have the complete instructions that I followed GL
Old 12-17-06, 10:29 AM
redcell
Driver

The fix for my problems was having the ignition "on" when doing the programming.
Old 12-17-06, 10:35 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i dont have a genie but i got my IS programmed on the first try
Old 12-17-06, 10:44 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

The ppl with a genie that have a training button can you tell me your exact steps??

I reset the homlink by holding both outside buttons for 20 secs.

Then I hit the training button on my Genie Garage Door opener.
Went into my car and hit button 1 on the homelink and released it.

I did this approx 3+ times. Hitting the homelink button 1, 2, and 3 times and it still doesnt recognize it. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 12-17-06, 11:05 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys!

I finally did it. The part that was confusing was I didnt know you have to semi program the transmitter first and then go and hit that button on the garage door opener.

I dont remember doing that to my moms Highlander at all.

Thanks again!
Old 12-17-06, 01:36 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

hey, i see you figured it out, but for others with Genie problems:

my dad and i had trouble figuring it out also, we have the Genie with Intellicode, and we found that the only way to do it was to press a button on the motor of the garage itself, that allows new remotes to be programmed, and then began the in-car pairing with the homelink.

hope this helps
Old 12-17-06, 07:27 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default THREAD HACK: Can you help me as well?

So, I live in a condo with an enclosed parking garage.

They gave me a LiftMaster garage opener with three buttons. The center one opens the garage door. God knows what the other two buttons are for.

To this day, I still have not been able to program Homelink with my garage opener via the two methods described in the manual (the thirty second hold method, or the press-the-button-twice method). I don't have access to the programming button for the garage opener itself; only the remote.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-17-06, 07:37 PM
jkaram7
Rookie

I have genie intellicode and followed the directions exactly, it works, however, I have to hold the button down on the mirror for a few seconds to get the door to open. This is different from my other cars where it is instantaneous.
Old 12-17-06, 07:39 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
So, I live in a condo with an enclosed parking garage.

They gave me a LiftMaster garage opener with three buttons. The center one opens the garage door. God knows what the other two buttons are for.

To this day, I still have not been able to program Homelink with my garage opener via the two methods described in the manual (the thirty second hold method, or the press-the-button-twice method). I don't have access to the programming button for the garage opener itself; only the remote.

Any suggestions?
chances are you can find the motor button, where is the garage motor? for me it was on top and it reels up the door. if it moves side to side, then check on the sides of the gate for the machine that pulls it. there is a way, and liftmaster uses the same intellicode technology that my garage used, so the answer is definitely in finding the main unit and that button!
Old 12-17-06, 08:03 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Phillip, on some Liftmaster/Chamberlain systems, the rolling code button is on the receiver, not the motor unit. If your parking garage opener is connected to an indoor receiver that looks like this: ,
you'll find that the button on the receiver is also a door that can be popped open to reveal the programming button. Just stick a screwdriver in the notch above the button and pop it open.
Old 04-29-13, 04:17 AM
chrisv78
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to all. Just programmed my 2002 SC430 using these steps. Thanks TxLex07. You DO have to repeat 2 or 3 times as prescribed in Homelink's instructions though. I do have a question though. There are no instructions for a 2008 GX, just 2011-13. Are the programming instructions the same for an older GX (I have an 08)?
Old 11-22-14, 04:38 PM
xclusivetn
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 IS250 homelink

Hate to bump this old thread but I am about to pull my rearview mirror off and throw it out the window. I have 2007 IS250 and have gone thru all the atepa:

1. Press 1 & 3 on homelink to clear codes
2. Program remote to homelink(button 1). Takes me forever to get fast blinking light but it is programmed now
3. Here is where my problem comes in, I can't get the rolling codes programmed. Garage door opener is chamberlain and it has yellow learn button. Remote also has new batteries. After wasting 2hrs of my life I can't get back if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it! Once I push learn button and get back in the car and press button 1 for a few seconds, wait and do again 2x times I don't get anything!

Please help!
Old 11-23-14, 12:38 AM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I found a thread on YouTube that worked, it was a lady doing the demo. I posted it else where on here as well. I will try to find a link
Old 11-24-14, 03:30 AM
xclusivetn
Driver School Candidate

I'll be looking for it, thank you. This is driving me nuts!

Quick Reply: Problems with programing my Genie garage with homelink??