IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

auto window up

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-06, 08:32 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my old A4 rolled up and down after reprogramming the ECU. This is sort of stupid. There must be a way to get this to work.
Old 10-12-06, 06:24 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by BottomsUp
my old A4 rolled up and down after reprogramming the ECU. This is sort of stupid. There must be a way to get this to work.
To pick nits, it was the central locking controller, not the ECU, but as you say - an easy change with VAG-COM or the factory scan tool.

Someone with a TIS subscription might want to see whether there is a similar setting on the IS.
Old 10-12-06, 06:51 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omgitsroy
i know we can get our windows down from our remote.. but is there anyway to get 'em up... any special configuration?
i just recently got in touch with kevin from www.kptechnologies.com i mgiht be the test mule for one of his modules which allows you to roll the windows up with the remote.

i'll try to keep you guys posted.

here is the PM he sent me:

Carlos,

KPtechnologies would love to work with an IS250/350 owner in developing a Lexus specific window module.

The module would allow you to raise your windows through your OEM remote control (similar to the way you can lower them already).

If you are interested in helping us out we can start by verifying the operation of the OEM system.

1. Can you lower the windows from the keyfob? If yes, how (ie hold the unlock button down for X seconds)?

2. Can you raise the windows back up using the key in the driver's door key cylinder? If you can, how (ie turn and hold the key in the lock position for X amount of seconds)?

I did a bunch of research on the IS250/350 when they first came out and everything I found showed they would be fully compatible with our module. I tried contacting various owners and at the time no one showed any interest (I think the car was too new for people to start testing things on it). At one time I even had all the wire colors identified, based on the service manual availible on line. I'll have to find them.

Typically, our testers are local, but if you have the ability to install the module yourself then we are willing to work with you on that. Just keep in mind that we currently do not have any pictures or any definate wiring information. ALL wiring will have to be carefully verified with a volt meter prior to making any connections.

Please let me know if you are interested and we can get this going!

Thank you,

Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
www.KPtechnologies.com

---------------------------------------------------------

He also has a few other modules that I think a lot of us would be interested in. He has a Navigation "OK" Bypass Module, Traction Module (that will hopefull work with VDIM, but im not holdin my breath on this one) and a Reverse Mirror Tilt Module for those of us who dont have the sport package or luxury package.
Old 10-12-06, 07:10 AM
viettho
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by car_lost
i just recently got in touch with kevin from www.kptechnologies.com i mgiht be the test mule for one of his modules which allows you to roll the windows up with the remote.

Dawn, this is good, please let us know. Thanks
Old 10-12-06, 07:11 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

im actually more interested in the other modules
Old 10-12-06, 08:19 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

here is the PM he sent me:

Carlos,

KPtechnologies would love to work with an IS250/350 owner in developing a Lexus specific window module.

The module would allow you to raise your windows through your OEM remote control (similar to the way you can lower them already).

If you are interested in helping us out we can start by verifying the operation of the OEM system.

1. Can you lower the windows from the keyfob? If yes, how (ie hold the unlock button down for X seconds)?

2. Can you raise the windows back up using the key in the driver's door key cylinder? If you can, how (ie turn and hold the key in the lock position for X amount of seconds)?

I did a bunch of research on the IS250/350 when they first came out and everything I found showed they would be fully compatible with our module. I tried contacting various owners and at the time no one showed any interest (I think the car was too new for people to start testing things on it). At one time I even had all the wire colors identified, based on the service manual availible on line. I'll have to find them.

Typically, our testers are local, but if you have the ability to install the module yourself then we are willing to work with you on that. Just keep in mind that we currently do not have any pictures or any definate wiring information. ALL wiring will have to be carefully verified with a volt meter prior to making any connections.

Please let me know if you are interested and we can get this going!

Thank you,

Kevin Pierson
Director of Engineering
www.KPtechnologies.com

---------------------------------------------------------

He also has a few other modules that I think a lot of us would be interested in. He has a Navigation "OK" Bypass Module, Traction Module (that will hopefull work with VDIM, but im not holdin my breath on this one) and a Reverse Mirror Tilt Module for those of us who dont have the sport package or luxury package.

i'm totally for this OMG
Old 10-12-06, 09:51 AM
vertcobra9
Driver

Is there a way to fix mine because when i hold the unlock button the windows start to go down but if i release the unlock button at anytime until they are all the way down they will stop... anyway to fix it so they all go down automatically?
Old 10-12-06, 10:45 AM
SolaraToIS
Lead Lap

Nope. Lexus did this by design for those who may wish to only open them partially.
Old 10-12-06, 12:40 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Wait..... so you mean to tell me if I hold the unlock button down on my remote the windows will start to roll down, and if I let go of the button they will stop?

WOW I had no idea. I guess I need to read my manual.

Also, the plastic thing on the door, are you talking about the button you push to lock the car? Sorry, I'm a complete newb at my car.
Old 10-12-06, 12:59 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
Wait..... so you mean to tell me if I hold the unlock button down on my remote the windows will start to roll down, and if I let go of the button they will stop?

WOW I had no idea. I guess I need to read my manual.
Yes. They also go down if another set of keys in your pocket presses on the unlock button while you are at work. Came out hours later to find the windows down. Thankfully it wasn't raining when I made that discovery.

At the 5,000 mile service, I had the dealer disable that feature, since next time it might be raining.

Also, the plastic thing on the door, are you talking about the button you push to lock the car? Sorry, I'm a complete newb at my car.
No, they are talking about the plastic cover over the old-fashioned key hole. It is designed to pop off so you can let yourself into the car if they battery (in either the car or the key fob) dies. I've been told that it is a pain to put back on, so I've never taken mine off.
Old 10-12-06, 03:49 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

as per davegs4, I am allowed to post this:

Originally Posted by KPierson

Carlos,

It may be beneficial for you to post KPtechnologies information and location and help us find a local tester. If we find a local tester I'll be able to provide you with more detail and still allow you to be a tester.

We have found that if we try to find testers ourselves that a lot of forums ban us for not being sponsors, even when we don't sell any products.

KPtechnologies is located in the Dayton, Ohio area and is willing to work with people who live in a ~1 hour radius (Dayton, Columbus, Cincinatti, etc).

Thank you,

Kevin
so someone needs to contact him. so we can get the ball rolling on this. please get in touch with him @ www.kptechnologies.com

DO NOT PM ME about any of this. this is as much as I know so there is no need to get in touch me. once it is determined whether or not this module will work for us... we will see about getting a group buy going on.
Old 10-13-06, 11:58 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

is there anyone in the Dayton, Ohio (Dayton, Columbus, Cincinatti, etc.) area that is willing to do this? please let me or kevin @ kevin.pierson@kptechnologies.com know.
Old 10-18-06, 06:38 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

is there anyone in the Dayton, Ohio (Dayton, Columbus, Cincinatti, etc.) area that is willing to do this? please let me or kevin @ kevin.pierson@kptechnologies.com know.
come on guys!
Old 02-24-07, 06:52 AM
james6290
Lead Lap

come on guys!

do you get the module for free if you do it, or is it just to be nice, but then you have to buy it if you want it?
Old 02-24-07, 07:27 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by james6290
do you get the module for free if you do it, or is it just to be nice, but then you have to buy it if you want it?
I'm not sure, you would have to discuss that with kevin.

Quick Reply: auto window up