IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bluetooth V1.0 compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-06, 09:36 AM
MYIS350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Bluetooth V1.0 compatibility

Hey! Does anyone know which bluetooth verision (v1.0, 1.1, 1.2, or 2.0) is compatible with the ISX50? On the Nav manual (P.105), it says,"this system supports the following service: HFP (Hands Free Profile) V1.0, OPP (Object Push Profile) V1.1. If your cell phone does not support HFP, you cannot enter the Bluetooth phone, and take OPP service individually." Does Bluetooth v1.0 has HFP v1.0? Are they related? Thanks alot!
Old 10-10-06, 10:50 AM
sams_is
Driver School Candidate

I have Samsung i730 PDA phone which has Bluetooth Version 1.1 with profiles HSP, HFP and OPP.

It seems like that they're happy with each other and my phone doesn't have a problem recognizing my car as a handsfree devices and works fine in that regards. A few glitches includes that my nav screen doesn't show the signal strength and battery level, and I can only transfer only one contact at a time but these seem to be issues with my particular phone only.

So I imagine anything above 1.1 devices are compatible with 2IS but your best bet is to look at your phone's manual. It always tells you what kind of profiles are supported.
Old 10-10-06, 01:40 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

1.0 treo 650
Old 10-16-06, 05:29 PM
ocdavid
Rookie

Originally Posted by MYIS350
Hey! Does anyone know which bluetooth verision (v1.0, 1.1, 1.2, or 2.0) is compatible with the ISX50? On the Nav manual (P.105), it says,"this system supports the following service: HFP (Hands Free Profile) V1.0, OPP (Object Push Profile) V1.1. If your cell phone does not support HFP, you cannot enter the Bluetooth phone, and take OPP service individually." Does Bluetooth v1.0 has HFP v1.0? Are they related? Thanks alot!
First, I'll start off by answering the main questions. Any Bluetooth enabled phone that has the Hands Free profile should work fine. It is possible for a phone to have the Hands Free profile yet not support the OPP (Object Push Profile). The only downside is that the numbers may have to be entered one by one. That being said....

There are 3 major points that you need to look for when dealing with Bluetooth compatibilities and performance.

1. Version - 1.2, 2.0

2. Class - 1, 2, 3

3. Supported Profiles - There are currently 33 different profiles. The main ones that concern cell phones and the handsfree communication are A2DP, HFP, HSP, OBEX, and OPP.

VERSION
The main (or core) VERSIONs are 1.2 and 2.0. The significant difference between the two are data transfer speeds. Version 1.2 has a rate up to 1Mbps and version 2.0 supports up to 3Mbps. This doesn't really matter nor make a difference in the handsfree aspect of Bluetooth.

CLASS
There are currently 3 classes of Bluetooth. The class determines the operating range of the device. Please note that when 2 devices are used and the classes differ, the shorter distance will prevail.

Class 1 = 100 Meters or about 300 Feet. (Primarily used in industrial applications but is being developed for consumer use)
Class 2 = 10 Meters or about 30 Feet. (This covers about 90% of Bluetooth devices)
Class 3 = 1 Meter or about 3 Feet. (Not very common)

SUPPORTED PROFILES
When dealing with Cell phones, you want to mainly focus on the supported profiles of your phone and the device you want to use it with.
Every cell phone that has Bluetooth embeded in it has the HSP or HeadSet Profile, allowing you to use the phone with a Bluetooth headset.
Most cell phones also include the HFP or HandsFree Profile for using the phone with a car kit or speakerphone. The main difference between the HSP and the HFP is that the HFP will also transmit call information such as Caller ID. This is the profile that will be preferred for hooking the phone up to the car kit.
Old 10-17-06, 06:39 AM
tdrag97
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ocdavid
First, I'll start off by answering the main questions. Any Bluetooth enabled phone that has the Hands Free profile should work fine. It is possible for a phone to have the Hands Free profile yet not support the OPP (Object Push Profile). The only downside is that the numbers may have to be entered one by one. That being said....

There are 3 major points that you need to look for when dealing with Bluetooth compatibilities and performance.

1. Version - 1.2, 2.0

2. Class - 1, 2, 3

3. Supported Profiles - There are currently 33 different profiles. The main ones that concern cell phones and the handsfree communication are A2DP, HFP, HSP, OBEX, and OPP.

VERSION
The main (or core) VERSIONs are 1.2 and 2.0. The significant difference between the two are data transfer speeds. Version 1.2 has a rate up to 1Mbps and version 2.0 supports up to 3Mbps. This doesn't really matter nor make a difference in the handsfree aspect of Bluetooth.

CLASS
There are currently 3 classes of Bluetooth. The class determines the operating range of the device. Please note that when 2 devices are used and the classes differ, the shorter distance will prevail.

Class 1 = 100 Meters or about 300 Feet. (Primarily used in industrial applications but is being developed for consumer use)
Class 2 = 10 Meters or about 30 Feet. (This covers about 90% of Bluetooth devices)

SUPPORTED PROFILES
When dealing with Cell phones, you want to mainly focus on the supported profiles of your phone and the device you want to use it with.
Every cell phone that has Bluetooth embeded in it has the HSP or HeadSet Profile, allowing you to use the phone with a Bluetooth headset.
Most cell phones also include the HFP or HandsFree Profile for using the phone with a car kit or speakerphone. The main difference between the HSP and the HFP is that the HFP will also transmit call information such as Caller ID. This is the profile that will be preferred for hooking the phone up to the car kit.
+1 good stuff
Old 10-17-06, 07:42 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Default Nokia 6265i

Does anyone have a Nokia 6265i?

I looked at Lexus' webpage, however that phone and my carrier isn't listed.

I would like to think it would work but it would be nice if someone else of the forum had the same phone to confirm that. Haha I am getting a Cell just to use it in the car.

Last edited by IS_Mine; 10-17-06 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-17-06, 08:41 AM
tdrag97
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ocdavid

1. Version - 1.2, 2.0

2. Class - 1, 2, 3

VERSION

CLASS

SUPPORTED PROFILES
Originally Posted by IS_Mine
Does anyone have a Nokia 6265i?

I looked at Lexus' webpage, however that phone and my carrier isn't listen.

I would like to think it would work but it would be nice if someone else of the forum had the same phone to confirm that. Haha I am getting a Cell just to use it in the car.
yea.. mine is not listed either.. but I got mine to work..

I have the sony K750i
Old 10-17-06, 10:49 AM
ocdavid
Rookie

If your phone has Bluetooth, it should work fine. Some phones have a better implementation (stack) than others, but they will work none the less. The Sony-Ericsson K750i will work without a problem as I have used that phone in my IS. The Nokia should also work totally fine as it has Bluetooth with the Handsfree profile. While it may not have the specs to transmit the battery and signal levels to the display, it should work for calls just fine.

Last edited by ocdavid; 10-17-06 at 10:50 AM. Reason: typo