IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Another interesting Service menu found! (adjust bluetooth sensitivity)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-05, 12:42 AM
muzzman1
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another interesting Service menu found! (adjust bluetooth sensitivity)

Ive been bouncing from forum to forum, and stumbled upon posts refering to a NAV service menu that allows microphone volume adjustments for the Bluetooth (amongst many other things) for other Lexus models....well after trying different screen taps etc....I found one that actually works on my IS250, Non ML NAV....it goes as follows....

first hold the "info" button (I did it for about 5 secs) then switch your parking light switch from off-to parking lights-repeatedly while still holding the info button....it takes about 5-6 cycles...an poof the NAV screen enter yet another Service menu. From there I navigated to a bluetooth menu where I was able to adjust the Microphone volume higher so that people can hear me better!

....if anyone else discover more easter eggs PLEASE do share....!
The following users liked this post:
zebrass (03-02-17)
Old 12-15-05, 12:43 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

nice find!
Old 12-15-05, 02:05 AM
AgBlue
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHOA! I'm going try this out now! Any idea if this setting saves unlike the NAV Override? Lol so many tricks.. hahaha. I want more cheat codes!

Be back with a report to see if it saves or not..

EDIT::

Back from playing with my car.. I found out a few things..

There are 3 buttons you can hold to enter this menu:
Climate, Display, or Info

It seems as Climate and Display both bring you to the same initial service screen. Where as Info brings you to a slightly different one. But they all lead back to the same Main Menu when you hit Menu in the top right of the Service Screen menu.

Also, the Camera Check is disabled on my IS350. Not sure if it is like that on all IS's or not, can someone confirm this? I tried it with my engine running and stopped.

Also, settings for the Bluetooth transmit and receive volumes DO SAVE when you turn your engine off.. Which also means other settings or changes WILL SAVE if you mess with them. I would definitely be careful about messing with anything you don't know about.

Also! I found out something else, but you guys may already know (or is probably in the manual too, but new for me)..

You can set the SMOG level of the auto filter by holding down the "Recycle Interior Air/Cycle Fresh Air" button for a few seconds. This is the button right below the bottom right corner of the Navigation Screen.

This is probably only on the IS350 as I think the IS250's does not have this feature.
Oh and I 'm guessing this only works on IS's with a NAV screen. Maybe ones with out NAV's will display on the radio portion? Any idea if this works on IS's without NAV's?

Last edited by AgBlue; 12-15-05 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-15-05, 05:32 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

now only if someone knows how to make the vent mode in IS350 (with smog sensor) stay in AUTO when the engine is turned off!
Old 12-15-05, 07:02 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

muzzman1! good find!!
thx
Old 12-15-05, 10:20 AM
muzzman1
Driver

Originally Posted by jlin101
now only if someone knows how to make the vent mode in IS350 (with smog sensor) stay in AUTO when the engine is turned off!

I believe this is a "personal setting" that can be changed at the dealer....check the back of your manual
Old 12-15-05, 10:56 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

don't they have volume adjuster on the screen already???

people can't even tell i'm using the car phone system..

they all say it's nice and clear
Old 12-15-05, 11:12 AM
Cypren
Driver

Originally Posted by shaolin
people can't even tell i'm using the car phone system..

they all say it's nice and clear
Ugh, wish I could say the same. Everyone I've used the car system with has complained about the input volume and clarity, and I have to repeat myself on occasion. That may be an issue with the interaction between the car and my particular phone, though (Samsung i730). The two don't seem to like each other very much.
Old 12-15-05, 11:21 AM
caffeine
Rookie

Default Awesome Find

That's awesome that there are so many hidden features for the system!

Someone should compile a list of "Easter Eggs" for the IS
Old 12-15-05, 12:11 PM
emissivity

There were couple threads about "Is Nav worth getting?" I would say for damn sure! All the easter eggs and hacks make this fun to have.
Old 12-15-05, 04:39 PM
the lndr
Driver

wow this is great! Thank You!
Old 12-15-05, 04:49 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cypren
Ugh, wish I could say the same. Everyone I've used the car system with has complained about the input volume and clarity, and I have to repeat myself on occasion. That may be an issue with the interaction between the car and my particular phone, though (Samsung i730). The two don't seem to like each other very much.
My i870 is crystal clear too.
Old 02-14-06, 08:07 AM
Pete C
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cypren
I have also received numerous comments about sounding "far away." Has anyone had luck improving that by adjusting the send volume through this menu? I tried it, but it did not seem to produce a result. Is there any other way of improving the sound quality of my voice through the bluetooth system? Thanks.
Old 08-10-06, 11:19 AM
ferio
Driver School Candidate

I tried this on my ML with Nav but it doesn't work. Has anyone been successful with this trick on a ML NAV?
Old 08-10-06, 01:32 PM
IS3FIDDY
Driver

Originally Posted by ferio
I tried this on my ML with Nav but it doesn't work. Has anyone been successful with this trick on a ML NAV?
Yes. It does work.

Quick Reply: Another interesting Service menu found! (adjust bluetooth sensitivity)