IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Bent Rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-11, 09:11 AM
hlu1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent Rims

While I was driving on the highway, I realized that my car started to vibrate a lot more than usual around 70mph. I figured it was a wheel balance issue or bent rims because I previously hit a huge pothole, end up causing two bubbles on my right front and rear tires. Thank goodness I had road hazard program, so I replaced both tires from tire rack. I knew I have bent rims so I did some research on reputable rim repair shop in NY.

Thanks to Clublexus and my.is forums, I was able to find a good shop in queens call Poor Freddies.

They did a inspection on all four of my rims and found out I had 4 bent rims!!! Thanks to NY roads and the previous owner

They gave me a good price, so I got all four of them fixed because I don't want to pay for new rims and I really like how the stock rims look . It took about 2-3 hours for them to fix. After its repaired, I went on a test ride, it was smooth like a cuban cigar

Highly recommend this shop.
Old 03-26-11, 01:13 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Awesome deal man, I gotta drop off a couple wheels too.

Last shop I used they LOST one of my DISCONTINUED rims!!!!...
So I was pissed beyond pissed, and they didn't even offer to help me or replace wheel or anything!!!
They didn't even agree to replacing the perfectly good tire that was on the rim!!!!
But they said I didn't have to pay for the repair that they did to the rim that they lost..
And I was like, On jee thanks... FFFFF YOUUUU!!!!! ******.. I forget the name of the shop but they SUCK!!

Last edited by llllllllll; 03-26-11 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-26-11, 07:16 PM
rvalero
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What the F? Didn't you have paper work stating that they had your wheel for repairs? I would have at least tried to get something out of it. I can't believe that you didn't make them pay.
Old 03-26-11, 08:38 PM
hlu1
Rookie

I wish I could make them pay but I bought the car a year ago. Bought the car from my cousin's friend. I didn't really paid that much for the car.
Old 03-27-11, 08:12 PM
slidingIS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude if the shop lost one of my discontinued wheels i wouldve killed somebody. now I dont wanna drop them off to have new tires put on
Old 03-30-11, 07:55 AM
biorchang
Driver School Candidate

You could have taken them to small claims court. Unfortunate that it would have to come to that though. Any reputable business would have offered to compensate you.

The reality is they should have insurance for stuff like that...lost or damaged goods...so more than likely they either did not have it or filed a claim and pocketed the money.

Either way...disreputable.
Old 03-30-11, 12:32 PM
mak89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bro u f'd up. I would have made them restart the production line and roll a set on
Originally Posted by llllllllll
Awesome deal man, I gotta drop off a couple wheels too.

Last shop I used they LOST one of my DISCONTINUED rims!!!!...
So I was pissed beyond pissed, and they didn't even offer to help me or replace wheel or anything!!!
They didn't even agree to replacing the perfectly good tire that was on the rim!!!!
But they said I didn't have to pay for the repair that they did to the rim that they lost..
And I was like, On jee thanks... FFFFF YOUUUU!!!!! ******.. I forget the name of the shop but they SUCK!!
Old 03-30-11, 04:45 PM
hlu1
Rookie

Yea I would flip out too! What's the name of the shop?