IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

IS300 vs G35

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-04, 06:59 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by 04TLjaTT
I know your comparing IS AND G35 but what about TL?
\

Most of the people here have no interest in FWD cars. The TL is cool but not as sporting as an IS or G35.
Old 03-29-04, 08:24 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
\

Most of the people here have no interest in FWD cars. The TL is cool but not as sporting as an IS or G35.
Hehe you're right. FWD with all that power = massive torque steer and not so fun. Definitely not my idea of a sport sedan. You can have all the power in the world for a FWD sport sedan, but it would never interest me as much as a powerful RWD sedan.
Old 03-29-04, 08:41 PM
04TLjaTT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys cool... just my .2 cents.....
since i own one hehe... neways

hey 1sicklex, dont u go over to a-tl.com ? I think i've seen that name there... or maybe some one else....
Old 03-29-04, 09:09 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

You should go post in the ES forum, so 1Sick can't say anything about your FWD car.
Old 03-29-04, 09:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

ok guys cool... just my .2 cents.....
since i own one hehe... neways

hey 1sicklex, dont u go over to a-tl.com ? I think i've seen that name there... or maybe some one else....
of course he's on atl, me too. and also acuraworld.com. i used to own the tl-s

but sick is right, if you look at the values, yes the TL is good for comparison. but to me the lack of rwd is indeed a problem for me
Old 03-29-04, 09:31 PM
04TLjaTT
Driver School Candidate

ok ok guys now can we stop it......

i'm only here cuz a-tl is down.... hehehe
Old 03-29-04, 10:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ok ok guys now can we stop it......

i'm only here cuz a-tl is down.... hehehe
no sweat dude, i like the tl, i don't hate it at all. being a moderator on acuraworld.com (tl forum and super mod) i can't hate the car right? and you are welcome to do any discussions here!
Old 03-30-04, 09:30 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I know your comparing IS AND G35 but what about TL?
The TL is a different animal than either the IS or the G35 because of its front-wheel-drive, which will give you a lot of torque steer at higher throttle pressure, especially with the manual transmission. It is also more nose-heavy and understeer-prone than the other two.
Old 03-30-04, 08:24 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally posted by SexySC
You should go post in the ES forum, so 1Sick can't say anything about your FWD car.
Hehe. The TL does shine in comparison to the ES but they do have two different clientel. I was once a mod for the ES forums. It was fun, but there's more fun in the IS category.
Old 04-01-04, 06:26 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by SexySC
Ha ha ha! We know it's not sporting though. And I hope no one thinks the ES is a sports sedan, no matter what Lexus tells us through marketing.
I'm international baby
Hehe. The TL does shine in comparison to the ES but they do have two different clientel. I was once a mod for the ES forums. It was fun, but there's more fun in the IS category.
Having had an IS and an ES, this is so true it' s not even funny.
Old 04-02-04, 09:16 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Ha ha ha! We know it's not sporting though. And I hope no one thinks the ES is a sports sedan, no matter what Lexus tells us through marketing.

I'm international baby

Having had an IS and an ES, this is so true it' s not even funny.
Why, YES, the ES is the perfect "sports" sedan.....when you got a REAL sore fanny and back from too much hard-hitting SPORTS like football and you want a nice smooth, cushy ride home. Ha Ha.

I know...I was a defensive tackle for years.
Old 04-02-04, 04:34 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by mmarshall
Why, YES, the ES is the perfect "sports" sedan.....when you got a REAL sore fanny and back from too much hard-hitting SPORTS like football and you want a nice smooth, cushy ride home. Ha Ha.

I know...I was a defensive tackle for years.
LMAO. The IS/ES and TL and I35/G35 tell us about Toyota/Honda/Nissan.

Lexus brought over a true sports sedan in the IS instead of trying to save money by making a sporty ES 330. Nissan tried that crap with the I30/I35 and got terrible results. SO they made the G35 a true sports sedan,
Honda is a small auto company and insists on efficiency so they stayed with an Accord platform. I think they have done wonders this time making the TL out of the Accord. But whereas the Toyota and Nissan has 2 different cars, Honda has to compromise with the TL.
Old 04-02-04, 05:53 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by rominl
no sweat dude, i like the tl, i don't hate it at all. being a moderator on acuraworld.com (tl forum and super mod) i can't hate the car right? and you are welcome to do any discussions here!
do u hate my RSX ? and am i welcome to do any discussions?
Old 04-03-04, 06:43 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

LMAO. The IS/ES and TL and I35/G35 tell us about Toyota/Honda/Nissan.

Lexus brought over a true sports sedan in the IS instead of trying to save money by making a sporty ES 330. Nissan tried that crap with the I30/I35 and got terrible results. SO they made the G35 a true sports sedan,
Honda is a small auto company and insists on efficiency so they stayed with an Accord platform. I think they have done wonders this time making the TL out of the Accord. But whereas the Toyota and Nissan has 2 different cars, Honda has to compromise with the TL.
At the time of the I30/35, Nissan did have a semi-sports sedan in the Infiniti G20, but it wasn't a "real" sports sedan by our standards.....it had a good price but it was too small and somewhat underpowered with the Sentra's 140 HP engine. Later in the car's life, they could have used the 175 HP engine from the SE-R Spec V but didn't....perhaps because the all-new G35 was then on the drawing boards.
As much as I like the IS300...just like you do..... the fact is, though, that the the new AWD G35 is one-upping it by offering a feature that Lexus should have offered by now for the IS and has not yet...All Wheel Drive. We WILL see AWD very shortly, though, on the next GS.
Old 04-05-04, 01:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by ISinnXL
do u hate my RSX ? and am i welcome to do any discussions?
you better stay here and keep the discussions up! you are a very nice addtion to the forum!

Quick Reply: IS300 vs G35