Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

2007 Lexus RX400H Check Hybrid System Error

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-17, 12:18 AM
sorin9308
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Lexus RX400H Check Hybrid System Error

Hello!

I have a 2007 Lexus Rx400H European Model, with approximately 100000 miles.
Last week, during a trip the car started to show the next error messages: "check hybrid system", "check vsc system", "chech awd system" . The car was being driven for 200 miles already when suddenly showed this error messages. The car is still running, but with a weird behaviour before and after showing the errors: when you start from a stop light it feels like the brakes are hardly disconnecting but after you step on the gas everything goes normal. Also, the car seems to be limited at 80 mph.
The weird behaviour stopped appearing until the car was brought to a service where they tried to delete the error, but without succes. After trying to delete them, the car started once again to have that harsh start from the stop.
The following codes were given on OBD: C1259, C1310, B2620, P0a79.
I will take it to Lexus, but the mechanics here are not very good and they just say to replace everything that has an error code.
Thank you very much for your help!
Old 09-06-17, 01:45 PM
j9ffy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi - I've recently had issues with fault codes, and so far all seems to stem from a failing aux (12v) battery. Your code B2620 looks to be "ECU Power Source Circuit Malfunction". Also P0A79 is a "Drive Motor B inverter performance" code.

The two C codes seem to be thrown very time any other relevant underlying codes are triggered.

I had both C codes and a number of inverter codes. I noticed that all my inverter codes all relied on a reference voltage from the B terminals of the ECU (i.e. a 12v aux battery signal). If the aux battery voltage is low, the sensors relying on the B signal throw codes. I would start with the aux battery. Check the connections and check its voltage, and check for any signs that it isn't holding charge ( if you don't have a sealed unit you can check the cells with a hydrometer, too).

The three "trouble areas" for you B2620 code are:
Battery
ECU power source circuit
Tilt and telescopic ECU

I'd start with the battery!

The driving issues may be related to the codes - maybe someone with more experience will be able to advise. For example, I know that I had to recalibrate my linear solenoid valve after battery fail - presumably the ECU had "lost" its calibration.

FWIW, I wouldn't have got anywhere with my issues without getting hooked-up with Techstream/mini VCI. Best investment of $20!

Not sure if any of this helps... good luck with resolving.
R,
J.
Old 09-11-17, 01:06 AM
sorin9308
Driver School Candidate

Thank you all!
It seems that the rear electric engine is doing nothing right now: not giving any sort of power or activity. The rear diff and engine will be removed in order to see what's the problem with them...maybe it is something mechanical that can be seen as faulty
Old 09-13-17, 12:22 AM
sorin9308
Driver School Candidate

Update: It seems that the inverter doesn't generate electricity on the second electrical engine circuit.
My question is do you know how much does the inverter has warranty? The inverter was changed due to the Lexus recall a few years ago and this is actually a new inverter changed by them in 2012-2013 I believe. Can i change it based on the warranty, because I believe that the new inverter that was put in my car should have a new warranty.
Thank you all!